Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Updated: Boris resigns as party leader

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Updated: Boris resigns as party leader
Closed Thread

Old 18-07-2022, 11:55   #3661
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Updated: Boris resigns as party leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The Sky News Leadership Candidate debate has been cancelled: https://news.sky.com/story/sky-news-...l-out-12654286

That's disappointing. It was great fun watching them tear chunks out of each other. It was also quite interesting to see the performances against what people expected of them.

Sunak was pretty polished and accomplished, makes sense he was the front runner. Kemi Badenoch was probably the breakout candidate, talks very well and is well suited to debating. She would be a big problem for Labour if she got the job I think. Tugendhat was good but I can't see Tory Members picking him.

I have no idea why Truss is rated so highly. I thought she performed terribly and didn't have a grasp on the issues she was talking about when challenged on them. I think Thatcher really maintains a hold on the Tory mindset that anyone who can even be vaguely compared with her - i.e a middle-aged white woman running for the leadership from the right of the party - gets an instant boost.

The worst thing for the Tories in these debates is how the candidates talk as if they're in opposition. Talking of how they can't find a dentist or the state of the economy as if they haven't in charge for 12 years is going to cause some people to throw stuff at their television.
You think any of these candidates use NHS dentistry?

Its been brilliant for the opposition. Loads of ammo, to throw whoever they choose. Your Chancellor said you were a ********* in the leadership contest
Advertisement
Old 18-07-2022, 12:11   #3662
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

Its been brilliant for the opposition. Loads of ammo, to throw whoever they choose. Your Chancellor said you were a ********* in the leadership contest
Unfortunately for Britain there is no effective opposition.
Old 18-07-2022, 12:29   #3663
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The Sky News Leadership Candidate debate has been cancelled: https://news.sky.com/story/sky-news-...l-out-12654286

That's disappointing. It was great fun watching them tear chunks out of each other. It was also quite interesting to see the performances against what people expected of them.

Sunak was pretty polished and accomplished, makes sense he was the front runner. Kemi Badenoch was probably the breakout candidate, talks very well and is well suited to debating. She would be a big problem for Labour if she got the job I think. Tugendhat was good but I can't see Tory Members picking him.

I have no idea why Truss is rated so highly. I thought she performed terribly and didn't have a grasp on the issues she was talking about when challenged on them. I think Thatcher really maintains a hold on the Tory mindset that anyone who can even be vaguely compared with her - i.e a middle-aged white woman running for the leadership from the right of the party - gets an instant boost.

The worst thing for the Tories in these debates is how the candidates talk as if they're in opposition. Talking of how they can't find a dentist or the state of the economy as if they haven't in charge for 12 years is going to cause some people to throw stuff at their television.
Delighted.I have no need to be harangued about a process in which I have no input.I can't vote and it's only for a smaller portion of the electorate anyway.Why should they get preferential treatment?
Old 18-07-2022, 12:46   #3664
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I hope nothing historical gets damaged by adult partygoers as Downing Street took a bit of a bashing during the Partygate season (better known as "lockdown" for us plebs.)
It'll be OK as long as they didn't invite the cake, as we all know the cake has still got a lot of questions to answer. When historians we look back over the last decade or so, they'll find the cake was always there in the background, quietly plotting it's next political move.

And, don't forget, one of the cakes ancestors helped bring about a revolution in France and as any brexit MP will tell you, anything a French Baba Au Rhum can do our Victoria Sponge can do better! We have been warned .
Old 18-07-2022, 12:51   #3665
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

That's why they won't be doing any more.
Old 18-07-2022, 13:07   #3666
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Delighted.I have no need to be harangued about a process in which I have no input.I can't vote and it's only for a smaller portion of the electorate anyway.Why should they get preferential treatment?
Why should 67,000,000 plebs get to say who runs the country? Leave it to 358 MPs, they know best, I should think.
Old 18-07-2022, 14:13   #3667
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

67,000,000 ?

There are only 56 million [so called] adults in the UK.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 18-07-2022, 18:10   #3668
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Best for Britain
@BestForBritain
·
57m
Boris Johnson: "I have no idea why" Labour has "insisted" on a confidence motion in the Government today

Commons Speaker Lindsay Hoyle: "It's actually the Government that has put it down for today"

he can never say one thing thats true
Old 18-07-2022, 18:41   #3669
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Why should 67,000,000 plebs get to say who runs the country? Leave it to 358 MPs, they know best, I should think.
Leave it to Conservative Party members. Third time lucky! 😂
Old 18-07-2022, 20:27   #3670
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Tom Tugendhat out of the race as Sunak still leads field

Tom Tugendhat has been knocked out of the Tory leadership race after only receiving 31 votes in the third round of the vote.

Graham Brady said 357 votes were cast in the third round of the vote.

The results for the other candidates are as follows: Kemi Badenoch received 58, Penny Mordaunt got 82, Rishi Sunak got 115 and Liz Truss received 71.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...tugendhat-live
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 18-07-2022, 21:44   #3671
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

These debates are another unwanted US import.
Old 18-07-2022, 23:47   #3672
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

I'm off Mordaunt now. She went woke on Dad's Army and other BBC comedy shows that we all loved. Also she went woke with here negative views of the UK's colonial past.

So, she's off my list. I dread Truss.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 19-07-2022, 00:19   #3673
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I'm off Mordaunt now. She went woke on Dad's Army and other BBC comedy shows that we all loved. Also she went woke with here negative views of the UK's colonial past.

Truss is a poor man's Johnson.

I reckon it's in the bag for Sunak but he's inheriting an economy burdened by the trinity of a Covid hangover, Ukraine invasion and Brexit trade friction. A thankless task but he's at least more realistic than the other chancers.
Old 19-07-2022, 07:29   #3674
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:

Yes Dad's Army is sacrosanct, and you're right about the BBC being brilliant. I've heard nothing from any of the candidates on how they are going to improve comtemporary sitcoms. Poor.

So Sunak for you then, enjoy !

Except:-

Quote:
"hate isn't the word I'd have used, What I dislike about Sunak is threefold:

1/
His commitment to the UK is in question for reasons we all know.

2/
His personal wealth renders him disconnected from ordinary people (who know how to put petrol into a car and then pay for it).

3/
At the end of the day, he's up there with worst of the poor judgement lot. His petrol pump stunt would not have been performed by a more savvy person.
What a dilemma , if only Fabricant had run....There's no end of talent to choose from.
Old 19-07-2022, 07:55   #3675
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
Best for Britain
@BestForBritain
·
57m
Boris Johnson: "I have no idea why" Labour has "insisted" on a confidence motion in the Government today

Commons Speaker Lindsay Hoyle: "It's actually the Government that has put it down for today"

he can never say one thing thats true
You do realise that this was in response to Labour’s attempt to get a motion of no confidence in Boris Johnson, don’t you?

But yes, the Speaker’s response was very funny.

Ha, ha.