Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SHUB3 Puma Bug - TBB BQM Improvement

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

SHUB3 Puma Bug - TBB BQM Improvement

Old 27-02-2018, 15:23   #76
2pence
cf.member

Services: Gig1 Fibre Broadband
2pence is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: SHUB3 Puma Bug - TBB BQM Improvement

Looks like I'm on the .603 firmware too. At first sign the pings are lower. Not bad.
Old 27-02-2018, 16:45   #77
dannybear
Inactive

Services: Sky+ HD / VM 100Mb
dannybear can only hope to improve

I am still waiting for mine to be pushed for the .603 :/
dannybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 18:16   #78
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybear View Post
I am still waiting for mine to be pushed for the .603 :/
If you're on the trial have you told them on the forum you didn't get it?
Old 27-02-2018, 18:34   #79
dannybear
Inactive

Services: Sky+ HD / VM 100Mb
dannybear can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
If you're on the trial have you told them on the forum you didn't get it?
Yep, I only found out a week ago and I have poked them a few times and told them enough times on there. I have restored the default setting on the SHUB3 and powered down/up just encase it was pushed and I needed to reset the SHUB3 to take affect. However still no joy!

I think what annoys me more so is that the people who didn't sign up to the testing has got the new FW and is commenting on it and yet there is a NDA in place sort of thing.
dannybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 18:59   #80
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

NDA only applies to those on a trial. It has been said a limited general release has been pushed out which will not be covered by an NDA.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 19:22   #81
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybear View Post
I think what annoys me more so is that the people who didn't sign up to the testing has got the new FW and is commenting on it and yet there is a NDA in place sort of thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
NDA only applies to those on a trial. It has been said a limited general release has been pushed out which will not be covered by an NDA.
ya, so I can say whatever I want such as this is what it should have been like from the get go and the fact they have finally fixed stuff makes me think this is the final update before shub4 comes out in preparation for docsis3.1
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:41   #82
biohead
cf.member

Services: Voom 1
biohead is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmock View Post
The March date you have been given is likely to roll out the firmware to help correct the poor performance with static IP addressing on the VMB network. Following the successful trial they are rolling it out in batches to all business customers with the Hitron box. The new version is 4.5.10.173-UPC
So it was update night last night.
New FW is indeed 4.5.10.173-UPC - but from initial glances it certainly looks like it's also resolved/masked (which is the better word?!) the Puma issue. I only have the dynamic IP option so I can't comment on if the static fix works.

biohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 15:44   #83
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

where would you look to find out if you have the new firmware?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 17:06   #84
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
where would you look to find out if you have the new firmware?
http://192.168.100.1/?device_status&mid=Info - Modem Mode

http://192.168.0.1/?device_status&mid=Info - Router Mode

*You will need to login to see this page

B4EBEE07-EC0B-4016-AFC0-F147B32FADCD.jpg

Last edited by Martin_D; 06-03-2018 at 17:09.
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 18:20   #85
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
http://192.168.100.1/?device_status&mid=Info - Modem Mode

http://192.168.0.1/?device_status&mid=Info - Router Mode

*You will need to login to see this page

Attachment 27331
Thanks

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

This is my version : 9.1.116V so I don't have the update, but the weird thing is, it says that I have no connected devices?? I have my IPhone connected and so does my wife and my daughter, I also have three V6 boxes connected, anyone understand why this should be? Thx.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:50   #86
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Thanks

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:06 ----------

This is my version : 9.1.116V so I don't have the update, but the weird thing is, it says that I have no connected devices?? I have my IPhone connected and so does my wife and my daughter, I also have three V6 boxes connected, anyone understand why this should be? Thx.

No takers?
Old 10-03-2018, 09:54   #87
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
No takers?
shit router that can't provide basic features
Old 10-03-2018, 11:40   #88
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
shit router that can't provide basic features
ISPs are never going to provide anything much more than basic home network facilities. They don't want to get involved in troubleshooting problems with VPN, USB applications, media servers, AiProtection etc.

All we want is an excellent modem with essential network facilities. Those, like me who want more, just want to maintain the modem only option so we can get ourselves a proper router.
roughbeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 21:39   #89
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Liberty Global set to launch its first Docsis 3.1-capable gateway in germany as part of its Gigaworld

Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:08   #90
General Maximus
Ran Away

cool, I am sure VM said they were planning to do the same this year in one of their powerpoint presentations back in 2016.