Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 29-05-2021, 18:04   #136
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Whos next in the media mergers ?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/29/medi...hos-next-.html
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2021, 22:56   #137
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Comcast are not happy with Disney not launching HULU internationally, they believe it undercuts HULUs value.
This could be a interesting fight to watch, i think Disney will end up buying Comcasts share in HULU.
Old 09-06-2021, 00:12   #138
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Comcast are not happy with Disney not launching HULU internationally, they believe it undercuts HULUs value.
This could be a interesting fight to watch, i think Disney will end up buying Comcasts share in HULU.
Who's the largest shareholder? I've forgotten. I'd imagine it's Disney though.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 00:21   #139
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I think Disney are 70/30 i think.
Old 09-06-2021, 00:25   #140
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Quote:
Planned to happen no earlier than 2024….

From 2 years ago

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/14/m...hip/index.html
Quote:
Comcast on Tuesday agreed to sell its ownership stake in the streaming video service to Disney. The sale won't happen for at least another five years, but Disney will take full operational control of Hulu right now.

The deal is a sign of how much streaming video has changed in the last few years. Hulu was at one time a joint venture between several media titans: Disney (DIS), 21st Century Fox, Comcast's NBCUniversal and Time Warner (now WarnerMedia). None of those companies had majority control.

Now Hulu is effectively a Disney product. The company became the majority stakeholder in the streaming video service after it closed a deal for most of Fox's assets in March. Last month, WarnerMedia — now owned by AT&T (T) — agreed to sell its 9.5% interest back to Hulu. (CNN is a division of WarnerMedia.)

Comcast (CMCSA) owns roughly a third of Hulu. Under the terms of the deal, Comcast will sell its interest to Disney for Hulu's fair market value no earlier than 2024. Disney has guaranteed that the sale price will reflect a minimum total equity value of $27.5 billion for Hulu at that time, according to a press release.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 00:52   #141
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Planned to happen no earlier than 2024….

From 2 years ago

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/14/m...hip/index.html
Spot on. There's no commercial sense in Disney expanding Hulu internationally and having to pay more for it in 2024 when it can just offer similar content via the Star brand. Comcast knows and accepts this. No fight to watch.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 11:52   #142
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
A lot of speciation about Comcast going for Lionsgate or doing something with CBS Viacom although the latter could come under a lot more investigation.
Old 10-06-2021, 19:48   #143
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Spot on. There's no commercial sense in Disney expanding Hulu internationally and having to pay more for it in 2024 when it can just offer similar content via the Star brand. Comcast knows and accepts this. No fight to watch.
Comcast has stopped paying money into Hulu according to this
Old 15-06-2021, 14:01   #144
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Had a text of a collegue not much info given but talks are back on between vm and Disney+ So fingers crossed you guys will get the app on your boxes soon.

On another note i'm keeping a eye on developments is Paramount+ been told i have a nice pile of paperwork when i return to work Monday, mostly involving streaming companies.

Last edited by Legendkiller2k; 15-06-2021 at 14:07.
Legendkiller2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2021, 19:58   #145
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Had a text of a collegue not much info given but talks are back on between vm and Disney+ So fingers crossed you guys will get the app on your boxes soon.

On another note i'm keeping a eye on developments is Paramount+ been told i have a nice pile of paperwork when i return to work Monday, mostly involving streaming companies.
Let's hope this turns out right for VM viewers, and Discovery+ and Apple+ as well. I still don't see why we cannot have Britbox and Acorn. It's very frustrating that everything is so slow.
Old 15-06-2021, 21:37   #146
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Let's hope this turns out right for VM viewers, and Discovery+ and Apple+ as well. I still don't see why we cannot have Britbox and Acorn. It's very frustrating that everything is so slow.
But why would you have pay TV if in your opinion there is no pay channels worth paying for this is what really stumps me.

Get a streaming box to access all your apps and a Freeview/Freesat recorder and your sorted plus paying less.
Old 15-06-2021, 22:08   #147
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Acorn isn't exactly a big player in most eyes, many have never heard of it, and most of their shows that I'm aware of are available via other broadcasters in UK.

To be clear, I'm not dissing their content, I watch some of their shows.
Old 16-06-2021, 01:01   #148
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Acorn isn't exactly a big player in most eyes, many have never heard of it, and most of their shows that I'm aware of are available via other broadcasters in UK.

To be clear, I'm not dissing their content, I watch some of their shows.
I think Acorn will grow in time i believe it is owned by AMC who have done a pretty good job with Shudder.

---------- Post added 16-06-2021 at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was 15-06-2021 at 23:13 ----------

From 1st July those buying new apple products will no longer get 12 months Apple tv+ for free, instead it will be 3 months.
Old 16-06-2021, 01:19   #149
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I think Acorn will grow in time i believe it is owned by AMC who have done a pretty good job with Shudder.

---------- Post added 16-06-2021 at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was 15-06-2021 at 23:13 ----------

From 1st July those buying new apple products will no longer get 12 months Apple tv+ for free, instead it will be 3 months.
I've been getting that impression from content headlines I've seen.

I was really meaning I don't think VM would have it high on their list of priorities, they wouldn't go out if their way, though they'd probably add it if Acorn was up for a easy/straightforward deal.

I'd heard positive things about Shudder, though it's not really my genre.
Old 16-06-2021, 02:00   #150
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I've been getting that impression from content headlines I've seen.

I was really meaning I don't think VM would have it high on their list of priorities, they wouldn't go out if their way, though they'd probably add it if Acorn was up for a easy/straightforward deal.

I'd heard positive things about Shudder, though it's not really my genre.
Being a horror fan i love Shudder i sign up annually for £49, they've started to roll out some live linear channels now on the app too (Amazon prime shudder doesn't have these yet).
Another one i use is screambox this is USA only but costs $2.99p/m incredible value, and ofcourse now Arrow video have their own app in uk too.