Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin mobile

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin mobile

Old 11-10-2006, 14:17   #1
thestrangler
Inactive

thestrangler is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin mobile

I have been to a lot of countrys just recently, I was told that virgin was crap when you went abroad, Well in africa, spain, three greek islands, portugal and gibralta, i was connected before my friends on other networks. So a big thanks from me to virgin mobile. PS. my calls worked out cheeper to!
thestrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2006, 14:42   #2
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Virgin mobile

Like most networks, it probably depends on the country you go to. I went to America recently (actually, Las Vegas) with a couple of people who are on Virgin mobile. I am on T-mobile, but my phone connected to Cingular (which was odd, as I was told it would connect to T-mobile USA) immediately after I turned it on. The other two did not get a connection at all
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 17:09   #3
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

If you check the orange roaming for Canada, and the Virgin Mobile roaming for the same location - they use the same partners. So the roaming must be equal.
Interestingly enough calls from Canada to home in UK are 10p per min cheaper, but to receive calls costs 10p per min more on Virgin than Orange!
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 19:08   #4
LixeL
Inactive

LixeL is an unknown quantity at this point

Sweden is fine too on a Virgin phone (well the populated south anyway)
LixeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:31   #5
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

You can see what coverage you can get and the networks Virgin use HERE

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2006, 15:00   #6
timetraveller
Inactive

Services: NTL 10MB BB, Movies, Sports, Premiership and the 24/7 unlimited phone package thingy.
timetraveller is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to timetraveller

I have not had any problems using Virgin in Europe when I was on Pay As You Go but when I wanted to travel to Mexico and the Caribbean PAYG was not supported. However by opting to pay by Direct Debit (still on PAYG) the number of countries available increased from about 40 to around 140.

Also, as a bonus calls and texts were cheaper as well. All my family are on Virgin and I find their price structure for PAYG to be the best for my needs. We were all on Virgin long before ant NTL/TW merger was thought of and I hope that further down the line there will be some benefits for existing customers as there are now for the new Quad package people.

Tony
ps. Should have mentioned you still need a Triband or Quad band phone for some of these countries.
timetraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:11   #7
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestrangler View Post
I have been to a lot of countrys just recently, I was told that virgin was crap when you went abroad, Well in africa, spain, three greek islands, portugal and gibralta, i was connected before my friends on other networks. So a big thanks from me to virgin mobile. PS. my calls worked out cheeper to!
its great to see someone with common sense,you are right on the button virgin are far from crap,from my personal experience with them over quite a few years they are brilliant!! no matter what part of the world you travel to
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2007, 21:53   #8
Bramcotestu
Inactive

Bramcotestu is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried Virgin Mobile in 2003 and could only get a signal in two very small areas of the whole area between Nottingham and East Midlands airport, one was on the main road near the M1 and the other was at the top of the football stand!. Any areas around the A52/M1 and the EMA were totally useless. Are they better now?
Bramcotestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 01:33   #9
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Virgin also works fine in Norway and connects to "Tele2" network. As do O2.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 01:41   #10
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramcotestu View Post
I tried Virgin Mobile in 2003 and could only get a signal in two very small areas of the whole area between Nottingham and East Midlands airport, one was on the main road near the M1 and the other was at the top of the football stand!. Any areas around the A52/M1 and the EMA were totally useless. Are they better now?
I can't say about Nottingham, but in 7 years of using Virgin, I have never had a problem with the signal anywhere.

I may be wrong here, but as Virgin use the T-Mobile network, would it not be a with T-Mobile?
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2007, 09:29   #11
Willc0
Inactive

Willc0 is on a distinguished roadWillc0 is on a distinguished road

I drove from my house in the UK, to Venlo in the Netherlands.

When I stopped at the Hotel in Venlo, I had about 9 text mesages.

6 Network setting messages.
3 from Virgin mobile, telling me about the roaming rates for the country I just entered. France, Belgium and Netherlands it self.

Also used it last year in Tunisia.

Yes there are cheaper roaming deals on contract, but then I have a "work phone"
Willc0 is offline   Reply With Quote