Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 14-04-2021, 14:06   #376
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
I was notified of this on numerous occasions throughout the process

As part of the sign up for 360 online

With the remote controls in the box

Even during the process there was a warning that ALL recordings and settings would be deleted, it gave an option to cancel at that point.

Someone has clearly given you the wrong info.
As the customer service guy told me I wouldn't lose anything I never really read the print on the screen lol
Advertisement
Old 14-04-2021, 14:24   #377
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
any idea then we're getting the tivo 360 software for the tivo v6? Is the tivo 360 still not as good as the v6? Its missing a ton of apps?
You can ask for it now for a bargain £24.99.
Old 14-04-2021, 14:26   #378
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Software version 4.31 has appeared on my 360 boxes.
Old 14-04-2021, 22:56   #379
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob King View Post
As the customer service guy told me I wouldn't lose anything I never really read the print on the screen lol
Unfortunately, you've found out the hard way not to believe anything that you're told on the phone by VM. Sometimes it's through lack of knowledge and, in my opinion, sometimes it's blatant lies to get a sale or extend a contract. The internet is full of similar complaints about this sort of thing.
Old 14-04-2021, 23:53   #380
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
Software version 4.31 has appeared on my 360 boxes.
Have you noticed any improvements, heavyside?
Old 15-04-2021, 07:25   #381
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Have you noticed any improvements, heavyside?
No, quite the opposite. The 4.31 update has broken the on-screen guide on both my 360 boxes (formerly V6 boxes). The guide of the shared profile is unaffected but the guide of my personal profile is broken. Before in the guide, I could tap in a channel number and that page of the guide would display. Now, whatever channel number I tap in I am taken to the final channel listed. Same with voice command, it goes straight to the end of the list whatever I say. Now the only way to navigate my profile guide is with the up/down buttons. A re-boot did not cure this. It must be a bug - a very annoying bug.
Old 15-04-2021, 07:55   #382
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
No, quite the opposite. The 4.31 update has broken the on-screen guide on both my 360 boxes (formerly V6 boxes). The guide of the shared profile is unaffected but the guide of my personal profile is broken. Before in the guide, I could tap in a channel number and that page of the guide would display. Now, whatever channel number I tap in I am taken to the final channel listed. Same with voice command, it goes straight to the end of the list whatever I say. Now the only way to navigate my profile guide is with the up/down buttons. A re-boot did not cure this. It must be a bug - a very annoying bug.
How annoying.

Just one thought occurs to me. When you first set up the 360, it takes you to the bottom of the menu in the TV Guide because there is an introduction to the software there. I don't suppose they've added something there that they want you to view? If so, view it and then the channels should behave as they did before.
Old 15-04-2021, 08:37   #383
heavyside
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
How annoying.

Just one thought occurs to me. When you first set up the 360, it takes you to the bottom of the menu in the TV Guide because there is an introduction to the software there. I don't suppose they've added something there that they want you to view? If so, view it and then the channels should behave as they did before.
That's not the case. The last channel on my personal profile list is BBC One SD and that's only there because the London regional news is unavailable on BBC One HD. It's annoying to have to do this but when I can find some time I plan to create a new profile and see if this behaves normally.
Old 15-04-2021, 13:33   #384
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

It April and still no new channels launches.

We has not got an new Channel in 16 months - it was SONY MAX 2 in December 2019.

Virgin Media is turning into an joke it Telewest aka ConWest is all but name all Virgin care about is your money.

Also as of April 13th ITVBe +1 is only on Virgin Media (Channels 120/162).

Blue means Not in Scotland.
Red means Scotland only.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 15-04-2021, 13:42   #385
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Calm down, lad...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 15-04-2021, 14:13   #386
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Virgin Media is turning into an joke it Telewest aka ConWest is all but name all Virgin care about is your money.

Red means Scotland only.
The Sky UHD service has launched among other services.

Quality over quantity should be better, as they can launch loads of new channels with low quality content it is a waste of time and money.

Virgin Media is a business and if you don't feel you are getting value for money, vote with your feet and leave.
Old 15-04-2021, 15:34   #387
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

We has not got an new Channel in 16 months - it was SONY MAX 2 in December 2019.

Red means Scotland only.
That's because no new channels have launched at all a certain pandemic halted a lot of plans.
Old 15-04-2021, 18:37   #388
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:

Red means Scotland only.
Old 15-04-2021, 19:03   #389
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

Red means Scotland only.
What on earth do you think is really worth adding . Notice the UK news shows that it will be on all outlets in the UK .will have to wait and see I guess.

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
The Sky UHD service has launched among other services.

Quality over quantity should be better, as they can launch loads of new channels with low quality content it is a waste of time and money.

Virgin Media is a business and if you don't feel you are getting value for money, vote with your feet and leave.
There a number of people here that should take that message on board . No names Richard !
Old 16-04-2021, 17:40   #390
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Red means Scotland only.
There have been huge devlopments over the last year MB, it's just not on the broadcasting front. Although I would never rule out new channels, I would expect to see a grdaul decline of channels from now on. The best we can hope for is some SD channels get the HD treatment like the Sony one.