Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 16-04-2018, 16:42   #676
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Unless the new Paramount Channel IS movie-led, I fear it will just be a load of old rubbish. A bigger choice of films is always welcome, but why don't they show more that don't tend to get air time on TV? So many films shown at cinemas never seem to get shown again for reasons that I don't understand.

Probably because the film-makers want too much money for the TV rights?
Advertisement
Old 16-04-2018, 23:28   #677
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The loss of yet another music channel to teen entertainment with little or no original programming. Why do these companies do this? Surely, it must be as cheap as chips to run a music video station.

I used to like VH1 a decade ago. Had they left the format alone, I would have stuck with them. You Tube is all well and good, but this works best with music you choose. However, it is nice to see new and old music videos that you are not expecting.

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/04/...rtainment.html
Media Boy HQ has still to get confirmed information that 4Music and VH1 may also move on Virgin Media on May 1ST.

4Music can fit in to Channel 144.
VH1 can fit in to Channel 186.

But Virgin Media UK may wait until their deals are up with Viacom and The Box Plus Network before moving.

We mean it took MTV years to be given an entertainment channel number after they was given one on other networks.

THIS POST IS JUST MEDIA BOY VIEWS.

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

Also Pop Power has today (April 16th) been added to Channel 738 ahead of it launch on April 30th until early June.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 16-04-2018 at 23:23.
Old 17-04-2018, 12:27   #678
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA for a few weeks...Have I missed any big news?
Old 17-04-2018, 12:39   #679
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA for a few weeks...Have I missed any big news?
Nothing at all Sir.
Old 17-04-2018, 12:47   #680
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Nothing at all Sir.
Damn...I best get back to work then
Old 17-04-2018, 20:02   #681
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

This doesn’t sound good, I questioned virgin media customer relations and UHD. They said they do hear whispers then nothing, I said that ain’t good, she said I know but UHD isn’t massively popular but we give customers the chance to access UHD on Netflix. I said true you but at a cost of £9.99 a month on top of a subscription. Then I said sky seem to manage it and have at least tried. She said we do have lots to offer, I said you do but keeping up to date is important
Old 18-04-2018, 11:19   #682
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
This doesn’t sound good, I questioned virgin media customer relations and UHD. They said they do hear whispers then nothing, I said that ain’t good, she said I know but UHD isn’t massively popular but we give customers the chance to access UHD on Netflix. I said true you but at a cost of £9.99 a month on top of a subscription. Then I said sky seem to manage it and have at least tried. She said we do have lots to offer, I said you do but keeping up to date is important
How can they say it's not popular when there is nothing to judge against lol

I'm sure 4K/UHD tv sales are on the rise at the moment and customers will be wanting to access as much content as possible
Old 18-04-2018, 11:39   #683
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Think 3D and you won't go far wrong...
Old 18-04-2018, 12:36   #684
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
3D was a total failure - mainly because of the need to wear silly glasses IMO

UHD is more comparable to HD which has become the norm for most people.
Old 18-04-2018, 13:18   #685
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
3D was a total failure - mainly because of the need to wear silly glasses IMO

UHD is more comparable to HD which has become the norm for most people.
It's a must really for the bigger screens.
Old 18-04-2018, 13:34   #686
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
It's a must really for the bigger screens.
And with TV screens of 42"+ being the norm in households these days compared to 5-10years ago, where a 32" was considered a big screen, I'm surprised VM are saying there is no call for UHD content.

It could be of a case that VM need to make sure their infrastructure can handle the extra bandwith that UHD content uses....but that's me just guessing. I'm sure its highly capable to withstand it.
Old 18-04-2018, 13:48   #687
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
And with TV screens of 42"+ being the norm in households these days compared to 5-10years ago, where a 32" was considered a big screen, I'm surprised VM are saying there is no call for UHD content.

It could be of a case that VM need to make sure their infrastructure can handle the extra bandwith that UHD content uses....but that's me just guessing. I'm sure its highly capable to withstand it.
Frankly, I just wish they'd get on with it.
Old 18-04-2018, 13:59   #688
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

40" in ours because of our restricted space.
Old 18-04-2018, 14:22   #689
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
How can they say it's not popular when there is nothing to judge against lol

I'm sure 4K/UHD tv sales are on the rise at the moment and customers will be wanting to access as much content as possible
Well with many providers it’s popular unless it’s them, like Netflix, sky, you tube and many many more. There only answer is another £120 a year for us to get UHD, why sky boast the movies, sports and sky one and sky living UHD
Old 18-04-2018, 14:49   #690
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
3D didn't survive because of those stupid glasses you had to wear along with stupidly priced TV's

UHD TV's can't be bought quite cheaply now just needs someone like the BBC to start adding content to the iplayer if they want to avoid a UHD channel for now
Closed Thread