Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 3.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 3.
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 12:51   #31
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
In what way is this different to the Horror Channel that we already had?
No The Horror Channel is own by CBS and Liberty Global.

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

Drama in talks with Virgin over launch.

Drama has confirmed today on twitter:

Quote:
we are yet to announce anything regarding Virgin. Stay tuned!
https://twitter.com/drama_channel/st...96429914472448
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2013, 13:18   #32
DJ-SWITCH
Inactive

Services: Sky Q 2tb + 2 multiroom boxes, sky fiber, unlimited home phone + sky mobile unlimited :)
DJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really niceDJ-SWITCH is just really nice

Now on virgin tv anywhere

Bet
Food network
Travel channel

Been added
Old 02-07-2013, 13:37   #33
Jameseh

We now have 31 channels more than Sky Go.

Old 02-07-2013, 14:14   #34
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
We now have 31 channels more than Sky Go.
But aleast Sky Go has sports and movies
Old 02-07-2013, 14:25   #35
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
But aleast Sky Go has sports and movies
Hate to break it to you but Virgins TV Anywhere has movies and sports
Old 02-07-2013, 14:30   #36
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
The TV Anywhere APP doesn't have movies or sports though
Old 02-07-2013, 14:36   #37
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiechris View Post
The TV Anywhere APP doesn't have movies or sports though
And Sky Go doesn't work on Linux. Swings and roundabouts.

Old 02-07-2013, 14:37   #38
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

I've got sky sports and it works on TV anywhere if the memsahib is watching Constapation Street I can have the sport on the laptop. Streaming channels should show them all and includes the movies
Old 02-07-2013, 15:08   #39
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayonet View Post
I've got sky sports and it works on TV anywhere if the memsahib is watching Constapation Street I can have the sport on the laptop. Streaming channels should show them all and includes the movies
You will have sports if you're watching TV Anywhere on your laptop. It's the TV Anywhere iPhone/iPad APP where you can't watch sports or movies and have limited channel availability.
Old 02-07-2013, 15:15   #40
bamav
cf.addict

Services: VM L TV powered by TiVo, 30MB BB, Sky Sports, Phone L, Freeview.
bamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to allbamav is a name known to all

Quote:
Lol! Touché!
Old 02-07-2013, 15:36   #41
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Do Virgin have a linux app for their TV anywhere? That would actually impress me

Technically Sky Go works on Linux as android is a flavour of linux. If VM have a linux app it wouldn't take much work to port it to android and satisfy customers with those phones/tablets.
Old 02-07-2013, 15:41   #42
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Do Virgin have a linux app for their TV anywhere? That would actually impress me

Technically Sky Go works on Linux as android is a flavour of linux. If VM have a linux app it wouldn't take much work to port it to android and satisfy customers with those phones/tablets.
With a bit of programming and searching google you can get sky go and netflix to work on linux. Netflix actually has a unofficial app for linux too

I've only used virgins anytime tv on my pc so i wouldn't know about it's app as my phone is Android (hint hint vm lol).
Old 02-07-2013, 15:58   #43
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
But I can't take my pc anywhere and I neither want to lug a laptop about,want to watch on my iPad,can on sky can't on vm so me personally virgins tv is far from anywhere
Old 02-07-2013, 16:17   #44
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
But I can't take my pc anywhere and I neither want to lug a laptop about,want to watch on my iPad,can on sky can't on vm so me personally virgins tv is far from anywhere
I'm with you on this one, Sports and Movies are a must for the ipad, would rather Virgin delivered that than Atlantic.
Old 02-07-2013, 16:19   #45
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
With a bit of programming and searching google you can get sky go and netflix to work on linux. Netflix actually has a unofficial app for linux too
Had Netflix and some other similar apps on my modified firmware WDTV which runs on a cut down linux too. Got a Synology NAS now which also runs a flavour of linux and was wondering if the Sky go app could stream through it. Was reading about DVBlink and it seems with a USB pen attached you can record tv straight to the NAS hard drive which can then be streamed to any device on the network. More stuff to play with, linux based hardware is cool

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
So is it a rights issue that stops VM from letting their TV streaming app work over 3G/4G, or is it the problem of utilising different quality/sized streams of the same content?
Closed Thread