Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Any 8 track fans?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment

Any 8 track fans?

Old 22-05-2019, 05:34   #1
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I searched for an existing thread but I couldnt find 1 so I guess ill start this

I love 8 tracks..... Pure analogue beauty!!

No overcompressed bass,no disgusting sound....... Just totally beautiful......

They can require high maintence and sadly I have lost several cause I either cant get the cartridge open (without hurting it) or whatever.....

I have a late 30s-early 50s collection (2 cartridges) and they were done absolutely goregous!!

They were left thier original MONO sound and it was just directly copied from the master reel or some of them sound like they were played on thier record and recorded onto the tape that way..... (DECCA release)

I love my 8 track player..... A Panasonic RS 808 .. No dolby crap on it,just straight player.......

Anyone else love em or used to have some or still do??

Lets chat
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-05-2019, 08:13   #2
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Any 8 track fans?

Memories of being the lookout, driving round in a friends Plymouth Duster listening to music on the 8 track cartridge.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 22:10   #3
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Very nice my friend

What were your favourite cartridges
Old 23-05-2019, 10:14   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Given the right set up anything can sound good.

I still listen to vinyl from time to time but my iTunes collection and Spotify sound get with on my Surround sound amp and speakers or on my expensive earphones.

TBH mono can have such a flat sound. Stereo can give such richness and bring music to life.
Old 24-05-2019, 08:54   #5
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Thats interesting you say that Steve..... I love and prefer Mono and always have..... To me its a nicer sound. (Even when listening online (Whch is diigtal of course))

I much prefer analogue
Old 24-05-2019, 09:25   #6
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Stereo and surround sound can fill a room and make you feel like you are there. Even with earphones and listening to Beatles tracks when they started using stereo really is impressive.

I would say you are missing out by living in the past so much.
Old 25-05-2019, 22:49   #7
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

My very first car was a knackered old Dolomite Sprint bought for 200 quid back in the late 80s. The car was rotten but the engine and drive train were great as was the 8 track player which I'm not sure if someone had installed sometime after it was originally made in 1978 or was a factory option.

There was a Jim Reeves cartridge in the machine and an ABBA one in the cubbyhole under the glove box. I remember trying it once and left it at that
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2019, 13:33   #8
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Stereo and surround sound can fill a room and make you feel like you are there. Even with earphones and listening to Beatles tracks when they started using stereo really is impressive.
I guess I dont like the sound that loud..... MONO can fill a room also if the volume is turned up

Im not trying to make anyone mad,im just stating how I feel