Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are your best and worse TV ads?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

What are your best and worse TV ads?

Old 20-08-2010, 12:33   #181
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What are your best and worse TV ads?

Dodo in 5 alive advert, does that get on your twits or what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQIOHJxqAUc
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-08-2010, 12:42   #182
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

That stupid BT advert with that idiot from My Family. Aparently 1.6 million people voted to decide "what happens next" in it. I really can't understand the mentality of people who do that.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 21:47   #183
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

The Five alive Dodo advert is making me smile at the moment. Sorry Tinky, maybe the cute value will ware off soon.
Old 20-08-2010, 22:09   #184
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

I love. The Heineken Advert where a group of lasses are screaming about the walk in wardrobe, and then they can hear the men screaming next door.
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 23:13   #185
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Love this advert for Bacardi Mojito

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f09tR...eature=related

Nice song too.

Also the Flake advert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o72M-Z6qhJg

So peaceful
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 23:22   #186
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

my favo of all time which i car't wait to see again is the coca cola christmas one with the truck it is the best advert ever.
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2010, 00:24   #187
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I don't like the new Nissan ad, its a rip-off of the Sony paint exploding ads.
Old 21-08-2010, 09:21   #188
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
That stupid BT advert with that idiot from My Family. Aparently 1.6 million people voted to decide "what happens next" in it. I really can't understand the mentality of people who do that.
Guess what Russ, how sad am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
The Five alive Dodo advert is making me smile at the moment. Sorry Tinky, maybe the cute value will ware off soon.
Once you've seen it a few times jo it does start to grate, as with most adverts. At the moment it seems most of them are grating, what's wrong with me? Obviously watching too much telly. The one that makes me very sad is Specsavers collie ad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq3H1QZlct0
but my favourite ad of all time (don't know what product it's for) is where a dog is lying on the mat looking at the lovely fire, when in comes the cat and lies beside him, followed by the mouse, all to the tune of 'Will you still love me tomorrow' ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I don't like the new Nissan ad, its a rip-off of the Sony paint exploding ads.
Agreed Hom3r, and must have cost a packet to make.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2010, 16:49   #189
wwe
cf.mega poster

wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

the christmas adds are my favo ones they brill
Old 21-08-2010, 21:28   #190
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
the christmas adds are my favo ones they brill
Maybe during December.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2010, 21:39   #191
wwe
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Maybe during December.
there sure are lol
Old 21-08-2010, 22:55   #192
VirginMediaPhil
cf.addict

Services: 2x TiVo
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of

Anyone seen the Norton Finance ad? Hilarious!

A load of glum people on a rollercoaster, featuring a bloke at the end who's obviously been told to "look normal" with a big cheesy grin, looking quite pleased with himself! It really is a laugh-out-loud ad.
VirginMediaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2010, 20:06   #193
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Coke - Maniac Advert

Love it!
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 04:03   #194
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Cravendale - Behind the Scenes

Priceless
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2010, 14:49   #195
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

The new Thinkbox advert has to be advert of the year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmzgkMsf_GQ
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote