Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ADDON router will it work?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ADDON router will it work?

Old 26-10-2006, 22:39   #1
shazie
Inactive

shazie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question ADDON router will it work?

Hi there im hoping im in the right place but if im not im sorry but this forum stuff really confuses meCan anyone help me im looking for a suitable router which i may have found but dont want to buy until i know if its suitable.The router is ADDON OTWIFI wireless router:standards IEEE 802.11g,usb 2.0,1.1,1.0,data transfer rate 54mbps,media access portal.CSMA/CA with ACK,security 64/128bits.Internal printed antenna.Also will i need an adapter aswell as this doesnt say anything about an adapter.Thank you for your time in reading this.
shazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-10-2006, 23:37   #2
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Re: ADDON router will it work?

What's the exact model number? OTWIFI doesn't seem to refer to anything?
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2006, 00:06   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

I just tried to ADDON OTWIFI. I'll leave it to others to find out the results of that

Speed based specifications and stuff should be OK. It needs an ethernete connection to your Cable Modem (or STB), not an inbuilt ADSL modem.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2006, 00:10   #4
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob C View Post
I just tried to ADDON OTWIFI. I'll leave it to others to find out the results of that

Speed based specifications and stuff should be OK. It needs an ethernete connection to your Cable Modem (or STB), not an inbuilt ADSL modem.
Well, when I said 'doesn't seem to refer to anything' I meant nothing relating to wholesome electro techie thingys....
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:14   #5
FusionXN1
Inactive

Services: NTL Phone, NTL Digi TV, NTL 10MB
FusionXN1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had an ADDON ADSL router for BT - It got very hot and could dropout and functions are limited - you can only forward 30 SINGLE ports. Not sure about that model though. Wouldn't recommend
FusionXN1 is offline   Reply With Quote