Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UHD on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

UHD on Virgin Media

Old 15-08-2020, 16:23   #1216
Richardr
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, Braodband
Richardr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Just thinking that it will be the Charity Shield 2 weeks today. Hopefully,this could be the first game to be shown from Sky UHD as Virgin like to promote these sort of curtain raisers so here's hoping that an announcement will be imminent.
BT have the rights this year.
Richardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2020, 20:20   #1217
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

never really got the whole excitement about UHD. Sometimes i forget i'm watching an SD channel rather than the HD version. HD is a major step up from SD naturally but i just can't see the further improvement of UHD whenever i see it on. "its sharper", "it has more colours..." not really that exciting!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2020, 20:43   #1218
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
never really got the whole excitement about UHD. Sometimes i forget i'm watching an SD channel rather than the HD version. HD is a major step up from SD naturally but i just can't see the further improvement of UHD whenever i see it on. "its sharper", "it has more colours..." not really that exciting!
+1
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 12:44   #1219
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardr View Post
BT have the rights this year.
Ah well. maybe in 3 weeks then
Old 16-08-2020, 13:18   #1220
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I have a modest 26" screen, and SD looks washed-out and fuzzy. HD is crisp. The only time I have seen UHD was on a neighbours' ginormous screen on which HD looked washed-out and fuzzy, but UHD was crisp. So the bigger the screen, the more UHD becomes relevant.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 14:35   #1221
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I have a modest 26" screen, and SD looks washed-out and fuzzy. HD is crisp. The only time I have seen UHD was on a neighbours' ginormous screen on which HD looked washed-out and fuzzy, but UHD was crisp. So the bigger the screen, the more UHD becomes relevant.

Or the smaller yours is the less important.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2020, 21:01   #1222
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
HD is perfectly adequate for a screen of your size, Vince
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 15:39   #1223
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

If the so called 'leaked fixtures' are real,Man Utd v Arsenal would make a good first match on Sky Sports UHD,

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...-2021-18777327
Old 20-08-2020, 10:21   #1224
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Now that the real fixtures have been released, Liverpool v Leeds would be a good first Sky UHD game on Virgin.

C. Palace v Southampton - Sept 12
Fulham v Arsenal - Sept 12
Liverpool v Leeds - Sept 12
Tottenham v Everton - Sept 12
West Brom v Leicester City - Sept 12
West Ham v Newcastle - Sept 12
Brighton v Chelsea - Sept 14
Sheff Utd v Wolves - Sept 14
Burnley v Man Utd - Postponed
Man City v Aston Villa - Postponed
Old 20-08-2020, 10:41   #1225
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

It's likely that those who were thinking that Sky UHD would be brought in with the football season rather than in August were right.
Old 20-08-2020, 12:30   #1226
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It's likely that those who were thinking that Sky UHD would be brought in with the football season rather than in August were right.
looking that way OB so 3 weeks on saturday to wait
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2020, 12:39   #1227
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

What's the chances that Sky Sports on VM will do away with SD at the same time UHD is introduced? Everyone has HD capable boxes, Sky Cinema already went HD-only.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2020, 13:32   #1228
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

I reckon you are right cheekyangus
Old 21-08-2020, 17:44   #1229
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
What's the chances that Sky Sports on VM will do away with SD at the same time UHD is introduced? Everyone has HD capable boxes, Sky Cinema already went HD-only.
Makes sense to me.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:48   #1230
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Still nothing about Sky Sports/Cinemas UHD on VM. The new season starts a week tomorrow!
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote