Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN Classic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Disney + switched on in UK for current customers

Old 04-02-2020, 14:06   #1
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future
Disney + switched on in UK for current customers

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2020...-on-uk-disney/

Disney has activated streamer Disney+ in the UK for existing subscribers ahead of its March launch, Digital TV Europe has learned.

With the service less than two months away from launch, Disney+ is now accessible in the UK by Dutch users. However, Brits are not yet able to sign up for the eagerly anticipated SVOD.

While users attempting to use the app in the UK were previously confronted by a message telling them that “Disney+ is unavailable in your location”, the service is now fully usable on mobile devices.

This is evidently not an oversight of Disney’s geoblocking going awry, with users able to access the full Dutch service.

One such indicator is that titles such as Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and Avatar are presented with their Kijkwijzer 12 certificate (the Netherlands Institute for the Classification of Audiovisual Media rating), while another is that animated hit Zootopia is listed within the service as Zootropolis – a title given to the film in European markets.

Films like Incredibles 2, Mary Poppins Returns and Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War are able to be viewed. These titles, among others, are being held back from release on the service in the US due to licencing restrictions. Disney’s complement of Disney+ originals – such as The Mandalorian, Diary of a Future President and The Imagineering Story – are all present as expected.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2020, 18:57   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Disney + switched on in UK for current customers

Sweet, sucks that we have still got wait another two months though. I am gladly to see they are doing it properly. They know there is going to be a high demand and I imagine this is a trial to test the network and infrastructure to make sure everything is up and running and working as it should be so they can focus on the inevitable onslaught in March.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 21:35   #3
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Irrelevant, as someone that subscribes to Sky, Netflix and Prime.......and the BBC, I will subscribe to no more.

I happily watched the Mandalorian on alternative streaming outputs and will watch other Disney output the same way.
Old 05-02-2020, 22:02   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Easy, cancel the over priced sub standard inferior quality tv license and take up Disney+ instead
Old 05-02-2020, 22:02   #5
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I am going to try it but yeah there are far too many subscription services. Sky is likely the first one I would ditch as the price of it is extreme relative to the content I consume from it. Sky Atlantic is the best but aside from one, maybe two, shows a year that's it. Netflix is staying. Prime stays because of the other stuff. So £5.99 for Disney+ is an option but I'll probably cancel after a month or two.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 22:15   #6
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I am going to try it but yeah there are far too many subscription services. Sky is likely the first one I would ditch as the price of it is extreme relative to the content I consume from it. Sky Atlantic is the best but aside from one, maybe two, shows a year that's it. Netflix is staying. Prime stays because of the other stuff. So £5.99 for Disney+ is an option but I'll probably cancel after a month or two.
The cost of the BBC for the amount, breadth and quality it provides beats all these subscription services hands down.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 22:15   #7
General Maximus
Ran Away

If Sky was really really clever they would find a way of incorporating it into their subscription at a reduced cost. They have surely realised that with the ever increasing competition they are going to have to come up with new and innovative ways to retain subscribers and this is one way to do it and stick two fingers up at Netflix.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:14   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
The cost of the BBC for the amount, breadth and quality it provides beats all these subscription services hands down.
Not really.
I only watch one BBC programme, and thats gone right downhill now.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:05   #9
General Maximus
Ran Away

I watch Wimbledon and that is it. I cant wait for them to scrap the license fee. 5 stars for Bojo
Old 06-02-2020, 17:11   #10
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

CinemaHD app is all anyone needs, i converted from Kodi.
Old 06-02-2020, 21:28   #11
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I watch fewer BBC shows but then I watch less television generally. I listen to a lot more BBC Radio and Podcasts though so, even though it doesn't require a licence fee, I feel I get my money for that.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 20:13   #12
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I watch fewer BBC shows but then I watch less television generally. I listen to a lot more BBC Radio and Podcasts though so, even though it doesn't require a licence fee, I feel I get my money for that.
Without a licence fee things like BBC radio, national and local, will disappear. We'll be left with crap like Talk Sport with adverts every 5 mins and drivel in-between.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 21:14   #13
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Without a licence fee things like BBC radio, national and local, will disappear. We'll be left with crap like Talk Sport with adverts every 5 mins and drivel in-between.
It will only be missed when it is gone.
Old 07-02-2020, 21:22   #14
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Can we not turn this into another licence fee thread please
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:19   #15
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future
Disney reveals full UK launch details

https://advanced-television.com/2020...aunch-content/

It has a listing of all movies and series to be shown on the Disney+ service.

Disney has revealed that over 500 films, more than 350 series and a slate of 26 exclusive Disney+ Originals will be available on its Disney+ SVoD platform on launch day in the UK.

Launching on March 24th, subscribers will be able to watch blockbuster movies such as Avengers: Endgame, Captain Marvel, and (nearly) all of the Star Wars saga, as well as original live-action Star Wars series The Mandalorian; and Oscar-winning documentaries such as Free Solo, along with classic Disney series such as Hannah Montana and original shorts including Toy Story spin-off Forky Asks a Question.
The service also includes seasons 1 – 30 of iconic animated series The Simpsons (previously doubted for the UK library), with over 600 episodes available for subscribers to stream. Season 31 will be available to stream from November 2020.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote