Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit
Closed Thread

Old 15-05-2019, 10:41   #2146
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit (New Poll Added)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
The Russia conspiracy theories are also ludicrous.

Russia had no bearing on 2016 Referendum and it won’t in next weeks European Elections. People are capable of making their own minds and decisions. It’s pathetic all this Russia Russia Russia nonsense. When will some of you Remainers, get it in to your heads that people really do want to leave a disgusting and corrupt EU?
Yes Russian people want us to leave the joined up stronger economic rival EU. Little England and a divided Europe will be a doddle for them to crush. Think on comrade
Advertisement
Old 15-05-2019, 10:44   #2147
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Polls were showing large support for Leave, long before 2016 and any campaign. That was why the referendum was held in the first place.

How much of what is allegedly going on, do people actually come across?
Old 15-05-2019, 10:53   #2148
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Yes Russian people want us to leave the joined up stronger economic rival EU. Little England and a divided Europe will be a doddle for them to crush. Think on comrade
Open your eyes. EU is a tiny and failing market, look at Germany and Italian forecasts, EU is tiny % compared to rest of world we can trade with. The corrupt EU is not the be all you make it out to be.

Also- Europe is ALREADY divided without Russia’s interference.
Old 15-05-2019, 11:03   #2149
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Open your eyes. EU is a tiny and failing market, look at Germany and Italian forecasts, EU is tiny % compared to rest of world we can trade with. The corrupt EU is not the be all you make it out to be.

Is Manchester a cover Mick ? Are you really sat in Moscow? Your name is in red so that's a giveaway

Last edited by Mr K; 15-05-2019 at 11:10.
Old 15-05-2019, 11:05   #2150
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

Yes, I can see the EU completely falling apart eventually. The tensions between countries as well as within them will become too high. Additionally, the economics of it all will start to fall apart with the next economic crisis.

Best to be out of it. Unfortunately, some people are not looking further than the benefits they can achieve from membership in relation to their summer holidays.
Old 15-05-2019, 11:21   #2151
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Is Manchester a cover Mick ? Are you really sat in Moscow? Your name is in red so that's a giveaway
Wow - this is desperate stuff.

My forum username is in Red because I am an Admin - that's the default vBulletin colour for that usergroup, how many other countries in the world have Red in their flag-clue the Union Jack has red in it.?

What next, are you going to accuse me of being the second gunman on the Grassy Knoll, the alleged site of the shooter and assassination of U.S. President, John F. Kennedy ?

I live and reside in the UK, I am British Citizen from Birth and I made up my own mind and was not unduly influenced that I want to leave the EU.
Old 15-05-2019, 11:22   #2152
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

The EU isn't failing as a economic bloc, it's been recovering recently. They've also just signed up that Japan trade deal. Japan's economy is bigger than the UK.

https://data.worldbank.org/indicator...ocations=JP-GB
Old 15-05-2019, 11:29   #2153
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, I can see the EU completely falling apart eventually. The tensions between countries as well as within them will become too high. Additionally, the economics of it all will start to fall apart with the next economic crisis.

Best to be out of it. Unfortunately, some people are not looking further than the benefits they can achieve from membership in relation to their summer holidays.
Yes we said that about the Euro. Done a lot better than the pound over the last 3 years.

It's strange Brexiteers seem desperate for the EU to fail. In or out of the EU they are our largest trading partner, so it would directly affect us. Don't expect that bloke, who can't be mentioned, from over the pond to do us any favours. He along with Putin would be happy for the EU to break up. United we stand, divided we fall.

---------- Post added at 10:29 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

Quote:
Wow - this is desperate stuff.

My forum username is in Red because I am an Admin - that's the default vBulletin colour for that usergroup, how many other countries in the world have Red in their flag-clue the Union Jack has red in it.?

What next, are you going to accuse me of being the second gunman on the Grassy Knoll, the alleged site of the shooter and assassination of U.S. President, John F. Kennedy ?

I live and reside in the UK, I am British Citizen from Birth and I made up my own mind and was not unduly influenced that I want to leave the EU.
Not thought about that, but methinks you do protest too much. Where were you on 22/11/63?
Old 15-05-2019, 11:39   #2154
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Yes we said that about the Euro. Done a lot better than the pound over the last 3 years.

It's strange Brexiteers seem desperate for the EU to fail. In or out of the EU they are our largest trading partner, so it would directly affect us. Don't expect that bloke, who can't be mentioned, from over the pond to do us any favours. He along with Putin would be happy for the EU to break up. United we stand, divided we fall.
The last time I looked - the rest of the World trading bloc is bigger than the EU.

Much Bigger!

That said AND more importantly - we won't just stop trading with rest of the EU once we fully leave on WTO terms, otherwise, the fragile markets within the EU, will suffer massively, we do not need to be in a con job membership union to do trade, in the same continent, it's utter madness to say everything ceases to be, once we fully leave.
Old 15-05-2019, 11:39   #2155
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

ooops, messed up the quote. . . by Mick *The Russia conspiracy theories are also ludicrous.*

I think most of it is down to American paranoia, they've always had the 'reds under the beds' mentality . . shame they can't grow up to be honest

Last edited by Carth; 15-05-2019 at 11:42.
Old 15-05-2019, 11:49   #2156
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
The last time I looked - the rest of the World trading bloc is bigger than the EU.

Much Bigger!

That said AND more importantly - we won't just stop trading with rest of the EU once we fully leave on WTO terms, otherwise, the fragile markets within the EU, will suffer massively, we do not need to be in a con job membership union to do trade, in the same continent, it's utter madness to say everything ceases to be, once we fully leave.
Not what I said Mick, I said if the EU were to fail it would directly affect us as our largest trading partner. Even if we leave the EU it would be in our interests for the EU to succeed and thrive. The wishing ill of everyone else will rebound on us. We're a small country , the Empire has gone, we need to wake up to the reality of here and now, not the past.
Old 15-05-2019, 12:02   #2157
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Not what I said Mick, I said if the EU were to fail it would directly affect us as our largest trading partner. Even if we leave the EU it would be in our interests for the EU to succeed and thrive. The wishing ill of everyone else will rebound on us. We're a small country , the Empire has gone, we need to wake up to the reality of here and now, not the past.
I've not advocated the complete failure and end the EU, although I won't shed a tear if it collapses in on itself - you got me mixed up with another poster who brought that up.
Old 15-05-2019, 12:25   #2158
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

German economy growth up +0.4 for the quarter, Italy out of technical recession. Appears that the EU economy isn't failing as miserably as some people pronounced.
Old 15-05-2019, 12:33   #2159
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
German economy growth up +0.4 for the quarter, Italy out of technical recession. Appears that the EU economy isn't failing as miserably as some people pronounced.
Oh wow. 0.4% is a lot to celebrate on.

Seriously?
Old 15-05-2019, 12:33   #2160
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

UK economy growth up 0.5%

going by the usual stat lovers on here, does that mean we're better than Germany?
Closed Thread