Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Old 22-06-2019, 16:23   #1081
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

The rumour on DS Forums was BT Sport would cost those who took Sky Sports £14.99 and £24.99 for those who don't sub to Sky Sports if true I'd like to think that includes HD and Multiscreen.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-06-2019, 18:22   #1082
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The rumour on DS Forums was BT Sport would cost those who took Sky Sports £14.99 and £24.99 for those who don't sub to Sky Sports if true I'd like to think that includes HD and Multiscreen.
You'd think so, eh? I hope you're right, for their sakes. Everyone needs HD and multiscreen these days (apart from the Mr K's of this world)!

No offence, Mr K!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 00:58   #1083
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
£24.99 for those who don't subscribe to SKY Sports doesn't sound right. I know it's just a rumour but pricing it cheaper than SKY Sports doesn't make good business sense. Why sell your rivals product cheaper than your own on your own platform?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 09:17   #1084
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I’d guess that if you are Sky to the “non-Sky Sports subscriber” at that price it’s high enough most would opt for the usually discounted Sky Sports.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 09:27   #1085
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
£24.99 for those who don't subscribe to SKY Sports doesn't sound right. I know it's just a rumour but pricing it cheaper than SKY Sports doesn't make good business sense. Why sell your rivals product cheaper than your own on your own platform?
Don't shoot the messenger , as I said someone posted it on DS Forum the truth is we'll just have to wait for an official press release.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 09:55   #1086
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

It is currently £30 to subscribe to BT Sport in HD on Sky - so £5 cheaper could be correct which £15 off for Sky Sport subscribers.

Quote:
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 11:28   #1087
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
That statement makes sense if they were the same product but Sky Sports has a far larger budget and more content so you would expect it to cost more. That being said, Sky is currently offering Sky Sports with HD to customers for £23pm so that would undercut the suggested £25pm price for BT Sport.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 12:52   #1088
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

I'd guess at those price points it'd be far more likely a subscriber Sky Sports or takes both (at £38 I'm guessing on offer) than pays £25 for BT alone.
Old 23-06-2019, 15:58   #1089
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’d guess that if you are Sky to the “non-Sky Sports subscriber” at that price it’s high enough most would opt for the usually discounted Sky Sports.
Not if you want to watch Moto GP and have no interest in football, circket and golf
Frazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 16:54   #1090
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
Not if you want to watch Moto GP and have no interest in football, circket and golf
That’s why I said “most” and not “all”, there will always be a narrow set of exceptions.
Old 23-06-2019, 19:38   #1091
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
Speaking exclusively to gadget website T3, Virgin Media revealed that more news on the Prime Video update would be coming "very soon".

"The wait is almost over for Virgin Media customers with the launch of Amazon Prime Video on our V6 box this summer," the spokesperson told T3.

"Our customers will be able to seamlessly search for and watch thousands of TV shows, movies and Amazon Originals plus live Premier League games being shown in December. Amazon’s Ultra High Definition content will also be available."That’s why I said “most” and not “all”, there will always be a narrow set of exceptions.
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...launch-release
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 20:32   #1092
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I got excited then but it seems only like the announcement is coming soon....i just wish they said "its out july 15th" or something. They know how to drag a release out!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 09:54   #1093
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

I can't tell what this is, maybe a disguised new service rather than a move within the network, but there are new HD streams on multiplex/stream alongside Premier Sports 2 HD now.

One is an HD stream and the screengrab has a VM Love logo from its promo reel.
The other is an HD stream with a Sky Cinema logo on its screengrab.

Showing on Tsid13/C047 on Digital Bit Rate website.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 14:35   #1094
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I posted about this a few days ago on the 21st along with info about the "Cloud" update with the Hub 3. So I was thinking it maybe something to do with the cloud capabilities of the new Horizon 4 UI? Do you know anything more about that?
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2019, 17:08   #1095
KillerCroc1
cf.member

Services: Amazon Prime Video Netflix Discovery+ apple Tv and xbox
KillerCroc1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
I posted about this a few days ago on the 21st along with info about the "Cloud" update with the Hub 3. So I was thinking it maybe something to do with the cloud capabilities of the new Horizon 4 UI? Do you know anything more about that?
Liberty Global has stated on twitter the horizon 4 ui will be on the virgin media v6 box by the end of the year
KillerCroc1 is offline   Reply With Quote