Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BBC HD swap mistakes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

BBC HD swap mistakes

Old 04-12-2018, 11:51   #1
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
BBC HD swap mistakes

There's been a mistake in Scotland with the BBC HD swaps.

BBC2 HD in Scotland, according to previous info was meant to stay on 162 but 162 is gone here.

Also the info screen on 108 is the one for then BBC2 move in other regions, not BBC1 as it should be.

I have informed VM of this.

---------- Post added at 10:34 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------

They have now fixed the info screen on 108. Now shows BBC1 info.

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

It is now fixed.

VM told me to manually connect to the network. And afterwards BBC2 HD was showing on 162 as it should be in Scotland.
If you need to, this how you do it.
Press Home on your remote > select Help & Settings > select Settings > select Network > select Connect to the Virgin Media Service now.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2018, 12:11   #2
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: BBC HD swap mistakes

Glad I made a list of potentially affected planned records and series links. You have to sort them out manually. BBC2 incl HD for England and BBC1 incl HD for everybody else.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 13:58   #3
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

A helpful thing VM did was move the old 101 for Scotland to 862.

Before anyone says 862 was already BBC1 Scotland, I know, but this version now on 862 has all the 101 Series Links.

I presume they did the equivalent for some other Nation regions.
Old 04-12-2018, 14:02   #4
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Here I had to reset the old BBC2 HD series links from 162 to 102.
Otherwise the others were fine.
Old 04-12-2018, 15:03   #5
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Here I had to reset the old BBC2 HD series links from 162 to 102.
Otherwise the others were fine.
Is that because 162 no longer exists in your area?
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 19:12   #6
StevenNT
cf.addict

Services: 500Mb Hyperoptic, Sky Signature with HD, UHD and Ultimate On Demand
StevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about them

I have a weird one since the changes, the regional non-England BBC channels in the 800's are now not subscribed see link below. Any ideas? Thanks

https://sj2k.net/images/bbc_vm.JPG
StevenNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 19:49   #7
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenNT View Post
I have a weird one since the changes, the regional non-England BBC channels in the 800's are now not subscribed see link below. Any ideas? Thanks

This has been reported for action on the Virgin Media Community forum.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 20:06   #8
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:

861 to 865 working OK for me. They were completely missing when I first switched on. I put the box back in standby for a minute then turn back on, & everything is where it should be.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 22:45   #9
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Is this fixed now?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:37   #10
StevenNT
cf.addict

Services: 500Mb Hyperoptic, Sky Signature with HD, UHD and Ultimate On Demand
StevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Is this fixed now?
Yep it's fixed now, came back on it's own
StevenNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:39   #11
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Is that because 162 no longer exists in your area?
Yes.
108 & 162 are defunct here.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:33   #12
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Now the downside is that shows like the Mash Report/ Live at the Apollo get shunted to after Newsnight when I used to record of BBC2 HD England.
BBC NI like to show repeats of local stuff at 10 pm FFS.
Old 12-12-2018, 19:54   #13
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Is there any reason why they didn't move BBC FOUR HD to channel 107?
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 20:34   #14
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Yes, probably. No idea what it is though
Old 12-12-2018, 20:44   #15
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Probably the same reason they didn't swap the other BBC channels without regionalisation for their HD version i.e. News Channel, CBeebies, CBBC.

I don't know what that reason is, my guess is VM and/or BBC didn't want to confuse viewers with too many changes all at once.