Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 23-07-2014, 15:12   #1246
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Disability benefits system has 'grave' flaws, MPs warn.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28437630
Old 30-10-2014, 06:03   #1247
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Cuts being "considered" to sickness benefits.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29821696
Old 30-10-2014, 06:28   #1248
RizzyKing

"Its ok it'll only hit the right people and those assessed correctly will have nothing to worry about". That will be the party and media line and the UK public will go right along with it.
Old 30-10-2014, 06:37   #1249
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
"Its ok it'll only hit the right people and those assessed correctly will have nothing to worry about". That will be the party and media line and the UK public will go right along with it.
If only that was the case Rizzy.
Old 30-10-2014, 07:02   #1250
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I'm due a re-assessment in November and was planning to call to see if that's still happening (had no letters or anything). Trouble is I'm not sure I can get anywhere as noone seems to know what's going on.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 07:26   #1251
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
I'm due a re-assessment in November and was planning to call to see if that's still happening (had no letters or anything). Trouble is I'm not sure I can get anywhere as noone seems to know what's going on.
Not sure why anyone would want to force the issue of a re-assessment. As long as you still get paid I'd leave it to them to sort it out.
Old 30-10-2014, 07:29   #1252
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
They never gave me a re-assessment date and just put me in the support group dilli.

From what l read the system is in a state of chaos but that's not unusual.
Old 30-10-2014, 08:35   #1253
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

If they decide to go ahead with the cuts, this list will surely get a lot bigger...

http://blacktrianglecampaign.org/201...ber-21st-2014/

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 08:36   #1254
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

They keep coming back for more and more.

they see no reaction and take some more.
they get the backing from the sheep and they take some more.
they won't stop till there's nothing.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 08:45   #1255
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Not sure why anyone would want to force the issue of a re-assessment. As long as you still get paid I'd leave it to them to sort it out.
That's just it though I know a couple of my friends at my blind group who just stopped getting paid. They didn't get paperwork (which the DWP said they sent) so couldn't send it back.

I'd rather have the paperwork and send it back than find out by the money just stopping.
Old 30-10-2014, 08:51   #1256
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
That's just it though I know a couple of my friends at my blind group who just stopped getting paid. They didn't get paperwork (which the DWP said they sent) so couldn't send it back.

I'd rather have the paperwork and send it back than find out by the money just stopping.
I've not heard of this before. If you're in the WRAG group, then it could stop (if it's contribution based) but not when you're in the support group.
Old 30-10-2014, 08:53   #1257
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
I've not heard of this before. If you're in the WRAG group, then it could stop (if it's contribution based) but not when you're in the support group.
They, like me, are indeed in the contribution based support group. So yup it can happen.
Old 30-10-2014, 08:59   #1258
peanut
NUTS !!

Quote:
They, like me, are indeed in the contribution based support group. So yup it can happen.
There is no time limit to where you can he in the support group as such. The work related group is for 1 year and can stop after that. I haven't heard of anyone having their money stopped without notice whilst in the support group. I can't find much info online either.
Old 30-10-2014, 09:03   #1259
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
There is no time limit to where you can he in the support group as such. The work related group is for 1 year and can stop after that. I haven't heard of anyone having their money stopped without notice whilst in the support group. I can't find much info online either.
Well I've heard of it twice now and it's not happening to me. I have to call them anyway as I have a new doctor so I'll ask them if I'm due to be re-assessed while I'm speaking to them.
Old 30-10-2014, 09:10   #1260
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

Here`s an advert for staff required for Esa assessments .
http://www.pertemps.co.uk/jobs/89810...b-in-liverpool
They cant seem to spell professional right on the header.
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote