Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BT Sports

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

BT Sports

Old 03-01-2021, 09:22   #1
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
BT Sports

Of interest, did any one watch yesterday's Premiership Rugby on BT Sports HD2?

There were 2 games which I recorded and watched later on. Both recordings suffered from extreme freezing/pixelation throughout - the Wasps v Exeter match was particularly bad early in the 2nd half, becoming unwatchable.

Had similar problems to a lesser extent with the West Brom v Arsenal football on BT Sports HD1 - a couple of occurrences during the match rather than 15-20 with the rugby.

This problem only surfaced yesterday and only affects BT sports recordings, so I suspect something has changed with the quality of the BT feeds.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2021, 12:30   #2
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Re: BT Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Yep, and they were perfect... no reports on VM's community forum either.

BT-2 is on the same mux as Sky Sports PL, ITV-Be, Sky News, Nick, MTV & Sky Nature (all HD variants)... are those ok for you?

Well done to Wasps taking down an admittedly weakened Exeter, just a shame the mighty Bath have them next week....
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 13:07   #3
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:

There were 2 games which I recorded and watched later on. Both recordings suffered from extreme freezing/pixelation throughout - the Wasps v Exeter match was particularly bad early in the 2nd half, becoming unwatchable.

Had similar problems to a lesser extent with the West Brom v Arsenal football on BT Sports HD1 - a couple of occurrences during the match rather than 15-20 with the rugby.

This problem only surfaced yesterday and only affects BT sports recordings, so I suspect something has changed with the quality of the BT feeds.
All good here too (London); might be the signal/cable to your premises that needs looking at
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 13:19   #4
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Thanks for the replies, I had recorded the games on my SkyQ box. No problems with recording BT matches prior to yesterday, but the Rugby on BT2 were virtually unwatchable. Similar problems on last nights West Brom v Arsenal game on BT1 (although the problems were a lot less frequent - 2 or 3 during the match)
Old 03-01-2021, 13:51   #5
fenman35
cf.member

fenman35 is on a distinguished roadfenman35 is on a distinguished road

Weather related in your area?
fenman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 13:55   #6
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenman35 View Post
Via cable surely not
Old 03-01-2021, 15:27   #7
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:

Nothing weather related and only affects BT recordings from yesterday.

Sky sports recordings from yesterday perfectly OK as were BT recordings prior to then.
Old 03-01-2021, 15:27   #8
fenman35
cf.member

" I had recorded the games on my SkyQ box"

Could be a problem in the atmosphere or snow/ice on the dish

edit Were the recordings at the same time and on the same feed?
Old 03-01-2021, 15:29   #9
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
" I had recorded the games on my SkyQ box"

Could be a problem in the atmosphere or snow/ice on the dish

In that case should have affected all recordings not just BT Sports ones - also for the record no weather problems in my area whatsoever.
Old 03-01-2021, 16:03   #10
fenman35
cf.member

How old is the dish/cables installation, maybe water in one of the cables.

edit Were the recordings at the same time and on the same H/V feed?
Old 03-01-2021, 18:01   #11
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
How old is the dish/cables installation, maybe water in one of the cables.

edit Were the recordings at the same time and on the same H/V feed?
New dish etc 3 months ago - 5 recordings at same time, all BT recordings affected, all non-BT recordings perfectly OK.
Old 03-01-2021, 19:42   #12
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

It often happens that only one or two batches of channels can be hit by a slightly misaligned or obscured dish.

On Sky the there are two transponders which carry the BT HD channels and they share with no other channels.

I'm sure if it was a transmission issue others would be reporting it and there is nothing in either the BT or Sky forums.

Quote:
In that case should have affected all recordings not just BT Sports ones - also for the record no weather problems in my area whatsoever.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 22:37   #13
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
It often happens that only one or two batches of channels can be hit by a slightly misaligned or obscured dish.

On Sky the there are two transponders which carry the BT HD channels and they share with no other channels.

I'm sure if it was a transmission issue others would be reporting it and there is nothing in either the BT or Sky forums.
Ozsat - many thanks for your reply.

The dish is definitely not obscured. I understand what you are saying re the BT HD channels being grouped on their own on 2 transponders.

This would suggest that recording the SD channels may be a temporary fix?

If it is an alignment problem, I do not understand why it has only just surfaced after 3 months.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:51   #14
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post

Ozsat - I have restarted my main SkyQ box and am testing a recording shortly.

One thing - the Signal Strength is only 70% (Quality is 90%) - does this indicate a misalignment problem?

Secondly, I recorded a re-run of a German football match overnight on BTHD2 and BTSD2. The HD recording says software issue the SD recording does not.

This seems to strengthen your suggestion.
Old 04-01-2021, 14:44   #15
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

The built in meter on SkyQ is useless - 70% could be low but you really need to know what it was before any problems.

No sign of any tree branches infringing on the line of site?

Quote:
Ozsat - I have restarted my main SkyQ box and am testing a recording shortly.

One thing - the Signal Strength is only 70% (Quality is 90%) - does this indicate a misalignment problem?

Secondly, I recorded a re-run of a German football match overnight on BTHD2 and BTSD2. The HD recording says software issue the SD recording does not.

This seems to strengthen your suggestion.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote