Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Police to get tough on internet trolls.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Old 26-11-2020, 21:27   #766
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Too many regimes have hidden or deleted aspects of history they would like to remove. I say that's a dangerous thing to do. Let's try to be better than our forebears but not try to eradicate our history in doing so. We need to make sure it's all seen including the warts. By all means complain and move slavers statues but make sure that they are placed where we can still acknowledge their failings and possibly any good they did. the same can and should be applied to online material.
Old 27-11-2020, 12:05   #767
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Too many regimes have hidden or deleted aspects of history they would like to remove. I say that's a dangerous thing to do. Let's try to be better than our forebears but not try to eradicate our history in doing so. We need to make sure it's all seen including the warts. By all means complain and move slavers statues but make sure that they are placed where we can still acknowledge their failings and possibly any good they did. the same can and should be applied to online material.
I totally agree, though I think that there's already plenty of harmful/offensive material on the internet to let future historians know how some misused it at the expense of others!
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2020, 12:20   #768
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I totally agree, though I think that there's already plenty of harmful/offensive material on the internet to let future historians know how some misused it at the expense of others!
Probably easier to think that way if you never had a sense of humour that's now been smashed to pieces and buried deep beneath the foundations of the PC empire.
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2020, 12:59   #769
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Probably easier to think that way if you never had a sense of humour that's now been smashed to pieces and buried deep beneath the foundations of the PC empire.
Unlike you I don't find any humour in child sex abuse, the holocaust, homophobia, racism etc.
Old 27-11-2020, 13:21   #770
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Unlike you I don't find any humour in child sex abuse, the holocaust, homophobia, racism etc.
Neither do I, but then I don't go looking for it
Old 27-11-2020, 14:37   #771
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Neither do I, but then I don't go looking for it
It doesn't matter, such material shouldn't be on the internet.
Old 27-11-2020, 14:48   #772
Carth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
In some cases I quite agree, and there are agencies worldwide trying to stop it . . . . and obviously failing due to strange international laws & treaties . . . and the money keeps rolling in
Old 27-11-2020, 15:10   #773
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
In some cases I quite agree, and there are agencies worldwide trying to stop it . . . . and obviously failing due to strange international laws & treaties . . . and the money keeps rolling in
Yup.
Old 27-11-2020, 16:07   #774
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Do you not like cards against humanity? Some pretty shocking stuff in there, it's a hilarious game.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2020, 20:43   #775
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

There are to many people who are offended on behalf of those that are not offended. I am 60 years of age and can make my own mind up about what does and does not offend me. I know what i need to do to make sure i do not get offended by using the off button or by avoiding stuff. I don't need weak minded social media sheeple making my mind up for me.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2020, 21:13   #776
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
There are to many people who are offended on behalf of those that are not offended. I am 60 years of age and can make my own mind up about what does and does not offend me. I know what i need to do to make sure i do not get offended by using the off button or by avoiding stuff. I don't need weak minded social media sheeple making my mind up for me.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 02:46   #777
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Im sure you dont find humour in anything.

Quote:
You are not the thought police, others are allowed to have different opinions to you.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 03:15   #778
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Im sure you dont find humour in anything.

You are not the thought police, others are allowed to have different opinions to you.
I do, it's just that I and others think that some things are out of bounds.

I certainly aren't the thought police and everyone will have their own opinion regardless, because we all have our own private thoughts in this world- it's the public expression of some opinions, remarks, behaviour etc that is the problem.

It's not illegal to eg make racist remarks in ones own home, but it's a different matter if it's done in public.
Old 28-11-2020, 11:04   #779
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I'm wondering if Richard has read 1984? Just how far does he want Big Brother to go in restricting freedoms? There are places like China and North Korea that heavily restrict their populace access to the internet as it is. That's the danger I want to avoid in my own country. I welcome the freedoms of the internet even if it means that there is material available that I find disgusting or offensive. Also who get's to be arbiter of what's allowed and what's not? Remember that saying of baby and bathwater? it applies to the freedoms of the internet.
Old 28-11-2020, 11:08   #780
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

Its called freedom of thought.