Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PoundLand Ultrabrite SmartPlug

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

PoundLand Ultrabrite SmartPlug

Old 31-10-2020, 19:05   #1
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
PoundLand Ultrabrite SmartPlug

Just giving people the heads up here.........

I bought one to try and for the life of me couldnt get it to setup with Alexa for Alexa to work.

I went to youtube to see if there were any videos to show me and found out that exact same plugs under the brand of TECKEN and downloaded their software. Not only was the TECKEN software much easier to use it allowed me to setup alexa without any issue.

So people if u want a smart plug from Poundland i know they are £7 but are worth it aslong as u dont use the ultrabrite software to try and setup Alexa.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-10-2020, 19:25   #2
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: PoundLand Ultrabrite SmartPlug

Yes but you have to into Poundland, and odds on contract a life threatening virus plus put up with the staff's BO. Doesn't seem worth it
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2020, 19:33   #3
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I dont know what poundland u visit but its certainly not like the 3 we have in driving distance here.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2020, 23:38   #4
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Yes but you have to into Poundland, and odds on contract a life threatening virus plus put up with the staff's BO. Doesn't seem worth it
WOW someone has hacked Mr K's account.

No way would he generalise so blatantantly.
Old 10-01-2021, 14:17   #5
WobagUK
cf.member

WobagUK is an unknown quantity at this point

I just set up one of these, and theres a trick to it to link to Alexa (if you can call it that).

If you look at the available device brands in Alexa, there is no Ultrabrite option so it DOES initially look like Teckin, which is listed is a better option (and choosing Other doesnt detect anything).

However if you go ahead with the Ultrabrite app to set up the device, you can look on the amazon store for the 'Ultrabrite Skill', and when you add that, the browser will ask you to put in your login, and Alexa wil detect your Ultrabrite devices without the need to go into the Alexa app to add devices manually at all.

It was actually easier than other devices Ive added via Tuya/Smart life etc.
WobagUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 18:31   #6
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WobagUK View Post
I just set up one of these, and theres a trick to it to link to Alexa (if you can call it that).

If you look at the available device brands in Alexa, there is no Ultrabrite option so it DOES initially look like Teckin, which is listed is a better option (and choosing Other doesnt detect anything).

However if you go ahead with the Ultrabrite app to set up the device, you can look on the amazon store for the 'Ultrabrite Skill', and when you add that, the browser will ask you to put in your login, and Alexa wil detect your Ultrabrite devices without the need to go into the Alexa app to add devices manually at all.

It was actually easier than other devices Ive added via Tuya/Smart life etc.
Up to now I have never had an issue with any of the smart device set ups. Had a lot of Bulbs not last as long as I would like

I know this post is quite old now but Teckin plugs are often on offer on Amazon and can be picked up for close to the £7 Poundland were selling them for if you buy multi packs

Last edited by Jaymoss; 10-01-2021 at 18:31. Reason: spelling
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 18:37   #7
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
It would be useful for you to remember that this is a site to seek help and assistance. In other words unless you have anything really pertinent to the issue it might be as well not to post.
Old 10-01-2021, 23:38   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I have a number of Teckin (and similar) - they all work perfectly using Alexa, via Smart Life.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 00:42   #9
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

I got 2 plugs and a smart bulb and they work great with our Google home.
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 16:11   #10
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcB View Post
I got 2 plugs and a smart bulb and they work great with our Google home.
Once you start you just can not stop ( or maybe that is just me )

I really like Routines setting up lights to come on at dusk and setting up sets of things to react when I say Good Night or Good Morning only thing is remembering all the commands hehe
Old 11-01-2021, 16:48   #11
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post

I really like Routines setting up lights to come on at dusk and setting up sets of things to react when I say Good Night or Good Morning only thing is remembering all the commands hehe
Agreed - I’ve got a "Alexa, Good Morning" routine that puts on the bedroom, landing and hall lights in at 5%, and turns on the Smart Plug the kettle is plugged into; and a "Good Night" routine that turns off all the smart lights and plugs (in case I’ve missed any), including the bedroom light and TV (again, using a smart plug).

I was given two "smart" extension leads, which each have three individually controllable sockets and two USB sockets, but still thinking what I want to use those for...

I’m looking into IFTTT, to see what useful things are in there. - apparently there’s a routine that recognises if you are just arriving outside your home (using your phone) and switches the lights on inside).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 18:51   #12
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Agreed - I’ve got a "Alexa, Good Morning" routine that puts on the bedroom, landing and hall lights in at 5%, and turns on the Smart Plug the kettle is plugged into; and a "Good Night" routine that turns off all the smart lights and plugs (in case I’ve missed any), including the bedroom light and TV (again, using a smart plug).

I was given two "smart" extension leads, which each have three individually controllable sockets and two USB sockets, but still thinking what I want to use those for...

I’m looking into IFTTT, to see what useful things are in there. - apparently there’s a routine that recognises if you are just arriving outside your home (using your phone) and switches the lights on inside).
Up until the Echo Show 8 was released I never thought I wanted Smart kit. Amazon released it @ £59 so I thought why not at worst I get a nice clock hehe. It all kinda snowballed from that. I now have a Google Nest Hub Max the Show 8 a Dot and Echo and a Show 5 bulbs everywhere plugs all over the place and routines to keep me lazy hehe
Old 11-01-2021, 19:08   #13
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Up until the Echo Show 8 was released I never thought I wanted Smart kit. Amazon released it @ £59 so I thought why not at worst I get a nice clock hehe. It all kinda snowballed from that. I now have a Google Nest Hub Max the Show 8 a Dot and Echo and a Show 5 bulbs everywhere plugs all over the place and routines to keep me lazy hehe
I was the same - as I said about three weeks ago
Quote:
Using offers/deals on Amazon, I’ve bought 3 Echo Dot 3rd Gen, 1 Echo Dot 3rd Gen with LED display, an Echo Dot 4th Gen, 2 Amazon Smart Plugs, and 2 Phillips Hue Smart Bulbs, all for under £125.
Since then, I have been given (as Christmas presents) an Echo Show 5, two Kasa energy monitoring smart plugs, the two extension leads mentioned above, and have bought three more Smart Bulbs from Asda (£8 each).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 11-01-2021 at 20:19.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2021, 19:14   #14
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

Quote:

Your right I even got one of the bulbs for my fire and now it's mixed up in with routine. LOL.

"Ok Google, Set the Mood!" 🤦*♂️
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote