Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 18-04-2021, 22:26   #721
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
MTV Play and All4 aren’t on it but the rest are

Correct the HD channels appear if they are in your package and SD is removed completely.
List taken from my 360:

Al Jazeera
BBC iPlayer
BBC Sounds
CNN
Deutsche Welle
France 24
My5
Netflix
Prime Video
RadioLine
STV Player
TV Upgrades
Vevo
VM Store
Wall Street Journal
You Tube

I believe ITV Hub is available south of the border (I'm in Scotland so it's not on my box).

Apart from All4 the only other streamers that seem to be missing, from memory, are PlutoTV (although some of its content is avaialble via My5) and MTV Play.
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-04-2021, 00:00   #722
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckbox View Post
Updated my two V6 boxes to 360 on Friday. So far so good. I think it's a positive change and dont get all the negativity at all.
how do people update their boxes to 360? never heard of this?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2021, 04:57   #723
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0363 View Post
List taken from my 360:

Al Jazeera
BBC iPlayer
BBC Sounds
CNN
Deutsche Welle
France 24
My5
Netflix
Prime Video
RadioLine
STV Player
TV Upgrades
Vevo
VM Store
Wall Street Journal
You Tube

I believe ITV Hub is available south of the border (I'm in Scotland so it's not on my box).

Apart from All4 the only other streamers that seem to be missing, from memory, are PlutoTV (although some of its content is avaialble via My5) and MTV Play.
Thanks all for the info.
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2021, 05:30   #724
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

DVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
There is a £25 fee to update to it on a V6 box.
DVD Cinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2021, 07:44   #725
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I used the chat service on the VM website. It's very good, and quick.

I managed to get the activation fee re-credited too. They send you a remote control (or two if you already have a couple of V6s). An activation line appears on the home screen, and when your remotes arrive, you simply click on that activation oprion and you are taken through the steps you need to take. It loads up in 30 minutes and it is all very straight forward.

The software is very different, but you will get used to it!
Old 19-04-2021, 08:23   #726
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
So ITV2 HD would be on channel 115?
When you set up a profile you can give any channel any number you wish. If you watch ITV2 HD the most you could set that as number 1 and switch to it at the press of a single button - or simply say "ITV2 HD".
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2021, 10:00   #727
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

Quote:

So ITV2 HD would be on channel 115?

Thanks for any info.
The SD version is removed entirely if the HD version is in your package.

In the "shared profile" the HD version takes the place of the SD version so yes, ITV2HD is at 115, ITV3HD at 117 etc. As @heavyside posted, you an renumber as you please in any profile other than the "shared" (default) profile.
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2021, 10:02   #728
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Here's a Virgin TV 360 version of the channel guide

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...-channel-guide
Old 20-04-2021, 16:17   #729
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

I called VirginMedia this afternoon, I'm getting a remote on Monday. The guy I spoke to waived the fee and I will be paying the same with my discounts and contract untouched.

Last edited by jobbie8; 20-04-2021 at 17:52.
Old 20-04-2021, 21:17   #730
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

Quote:
I called VirginMedia this afternoon, I'm getting a remote on Monday. The guy I spoke to waived the fee and I will be paying the same with my discounts and contract untouched.
That's nice...saved yourself £24
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2021, 01:01   #731
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I used the chat service on the VM website. It's very good, and quick.

I managed to get the activation fee re-credited too. They send you a remote control (or two if you already have a couple of V6s). An activation line appears on the home screen, and when your remotes arrive, you simply click on that activation oprion and you are taken through the steps you need to take. It loads up in 30 minutes and it is all very straight forward.

The software is very different, but you will get used to it!
Any idea if we can get the software for just one tv or does it need to go to all the v6s? I have 3 tivo v6 boxes. im fine to lose my content but my mum has probably got the same stuff saved for like 2 years haha
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2021, 01:32   #732
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Any idea if we can get the software for just one tv or does it need to go to all the v6s? I have 3 tivo v6 boxes. im fine to lose my content but my mum has probably got the same stuff saved for like 2 years haha
It only works with V6 or 360 not a mix of both

So all stay same or all move over

Though I believe that a 3 box service does/did require an engineer visit
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2021, 01:59   #733
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Deleted.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2021, 08:51   #734
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
Though I believe that a 3 box service does/did require an engineer visit
It does, but all three will still get converted.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2021, 12:17   #735
jobbie8
cf.addict

After reading the VM forums for the first time in a while last night, and seeing how many issues people are having, such as Netflix app ending shows early, (up to 1.30 min before they actually end), unable to un-delete shows and remotes having to be replaced has made me think again.
I could put up with the above until they fix the issues but the one thing I have read and that would drive me crazy is the delayed sound which seems to drift off after a while.

Anyone have any experience of this? I use my TV speakers and sometimes my surround sysyem.