Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New price rises 2021!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

New price rises 2021!

Old 27-01-2021, 23:57   #106
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice
Re: New price rises 2021!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I swear I read a few weeks ago Plusnet TV was being discontinued.
They're stopping it for new customers:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...tv-orders.html

They're also following BT and EE with the "easy to understand" annual price rises of inflation + 3.9%

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...ke-change.html

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...ke-clause.html
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-01-2021, 00:19   #107
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0363 View Post

They're also following BT and EE with the "easy to understand" annual price rises of inflation + 3.9%

Thanks.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2021, 02:17   #108
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

My phone contract with o2 ends this october and i usually upgrade in store by recycling my old phone to pay for the new one after just 12 months. This time though due to the pandemic i've not been allowed to so i may finally just let my contract end and move to virgin media (which ironically may be aligning with o2 by then)

My question is does getting a mobile phone with virgin get you to the "ultimate oomph" package? According to the website i'm currently on

M350 broadband
full house tv
talk more anytime
+3 v6 boxes

i pay around 95 quid a month. Could i technically save more money by having mobile services with virgin media? i mean don't have a lower amount than 95 quid but it would trigger more savings overall?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 20:43   #109
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

When I tried to haggle I was only offered to recontract on more than what I’m paying now. Time to play the broadband merry go round again. Hate to do this every so often as speeds on the open reach where I am are terrible but needs must.
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 23:05   #110
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0363 View Post

To add to this Plusnet are also scrapping their no price rise promise during a contract too.
Old 12-02-2021, 13:10   #111
wildfruit
cf.member

Services: M600, talk more anytime 2 x V6, sky cinema, Sky sports Maxit TV, kids pack, unlimited sim
wildfruit is an unknown quantity at this point

Only took 2 days to get offered ultimate oomph for £79. Bonus
wildfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 16:29   #112
browneggsandham
I try to help.

Services: Virgin Media VIP - 2 x V6, M350 & phone
browneggsandham is on a distinguished roadbrowneggsandham is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfruit View Post
Only took 2 days to get offered ultimate oomph for £79. Bonus
Nice work. I've just spoken to disconnections. Currently paying £118.50, due to increase to £133.50 in March. Lowest they offered was £110 for ultimate oomph for 18 months.

I've handed in 30 days notice and will see what happens...
browneggsandham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 16:52   #113
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneggsandham View Post
Nice work. I've just spoken to disconnections. Currently paying £118.50, due to increase to £133.50 in March. Lowest they offered was £110 for ultimate oomph for 18 months.

I've handed in 30 days notice and will see what happens...
If you been with them a good while I would bet you get a call within days
Jaymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 17:12   #114
browneggsandham
I try to help.

browneggsandham is on a distinguished roadbrowneggsandham is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
If you been with them a good while I would bet you get a call within days
Hoping that's the case. Over 10 years now in total, a year at my current address.
Old 13-02-2021, 13:02   #115
FrogGuy
cf.member

FrogGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

I called this morning, done the thinking of leaving us option. I managed to get the bigger bundle + movies, 100MB and 2 V6 boxes for £77
FrogGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2021, 14:35   #116
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

I called Thursday but all options offered meant paying more so I cancelled.
Got a call Friday and got a result.

pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2021, 16:10   #117
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

They seem to be doing some decent deals this year. I still have not seen my new contract yet as I have to wait for the landline disconnect but I have the offer in writing
Old 26-02-2021, 17:55   #118
browneggsandham
I try to help.

Quote:
Hoping that's the case. Over 10 years now in total, a year at my current address.
Been 2 weeks since I gave my notice now and I've heard nothing, is it worth calling again to re-discuss or should I hold my nerve a bit longer?

Phone line left open in order to retain phone number for switch - would this prevent me being identified by the outbound team as a 'leaver'?
Old 26-02-2021, 18:00   #119
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Been 2 weeks since I gave my notice now and I've heard nothing, is it worth calling again to re-discuss or should I hold my nerve a bit longer?

Phone line left open in order to retain phone number for switch - would this prevent me being identified by the outbound team as a 'leaver'?
call and ask to be put through to customer relations
Old 26-02-2021, 18:24   #120
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough

Has anyone been sent(Quickstart) a V6 box lately?
I've been told as of 2 days ago that one will be sent. But some info that I've read on here seems to say that there are no V6 boxes available anymore. Just the 360 box.
mot12 is offline   Reply With Quote