Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Catholic Church admits Bible is BS

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Catholic Church admits Bible is BS
Closed Thread

Old 28-10-2021, 21:06   #106
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Catholic Church admits Bible is BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
arrr the goldilocks paradox. Everything just right anyone could have thought it was all made for us

you are right there is no conflict between science and religion there is conflict between people and their conflicting views and how they deal with that.

I have no issue with anyone elses belief. If a scientist knocked on my door and wanted to discuss their beliefs with me I would enjoy the conversation.

Sometimes when I knock someones door ( not happened since the pandemic ) I have often been greeted with anger and hostility. You have seen a taste of it here with the use of the word impose. I am not trying to force anything upon anyone. I am offering a message of hope and come with love in my heart. They can refuse to listen or say they are to busy and off I would trot onto the next door. I am not asking for money or trying to scam them just trying to be a friend.

My point from when I joined in on this topic when I said about the atheist imposing their view. I offer my view kindly they often offer theirs in anger or disdain
Casuistry - equating science with religion, when one is based on observable, measurable, repeatable phenomena, and the other isn’t…

I see the same wordplay and twisting on the JW site, with questions such as
Quote:
CLAIM: Humans evolved from animals.

3. If humans evolved from animals​—from apes, for example—​why is there such a huge gap between the intellectual abilities of humans and those of apes?
This is deliberately misleading, as Evolutionists do not claim that humans evolved from apes - they state the evidence shows we have common ancestors, and the different branches of Hominids evolved along different paths.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 28-10-2021 at 21:12.
Advertisement
Old 28-10-2021, 21:24   #107
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Casuistry - equating science with religion, when one is based on observable, measurable, repeatable phenomena, and the other isn’t…

I see the same wordplay and twisting on the JW site, with questions such as

This is deliberately misleading, as Evolutionists do not claim that humans evolved from apes - they state the evidence shows we have common ancestors, and the different branches of Hominids evolved along different paths.
Did anyone see the big bang? did anyone see the primeval swamp? has anyone seen dark matter or dark energy the invented things when the whole theory of the big bang starts falling on its butt? Science keeps updating so how much of what you think is real will be proven otherwise in the future?

When I was a child they talked of a missing link that now is thought never existed so as I said it all could so easily be wrong. You believe in the THEORY of evolution I believe in the THEORY of creation.

Incidentally I see no one has jumped on my thoughts on infinity and given me a scientific spin on that hey

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

If this one miraculous single celled organism in a primeval swamp millions and millions of years ago evolved to adapt to its environment why is there so much variety? I just do not buy it

Last edited by Jaymoss; 28-10-2021 at 21:25. Reason: spelling
Old 28-10-2021, 21:28   #108
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Did anyone see the big bang? did anyone see the primeval swamp? has anyone seen dark matter or dark energy the invented things when the whole theory of the big bang starts falling on its butt? Science keeps updating so how much of what you think is real will be proven otherwise in the future?

When I was a child they talked of a missing link that now is thought never existed so as I said it all could so easily be wrong. You believe in the THEORY of evolution I believe in the THEORY of creation.

Incidentally I see no one has jumped on my thoughts on infinity and given me a scientific spin on that hey

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

If this one miraculous single celled organism in a primeval swamp millions and millions of years ago evolved to adapt to its environment why is there so much variety? I just do not buy it
Hope this helps…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guide...mnb/revision/1

According to your line of "reasoning", if someone hasn’t actually been to Australia, it is perfectly valid for them to state that it doesn’t exist…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 28-10-2021, 21:42   #109
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

The Big Bang and Evolution are not treated the same in science. Different scientific theories have different levels of confidence.

The Big Bang is currently the most widely supported theory for how this Universe started with most of what we understand about it to be consistent with the universe we can observe. It explains what we do know such as the fact galaxies are moving apart from each other, the energy that would have been required to create the matter we know of and the Cosmic Microwave Background.

But the Big Band remains the best-accepted theory and is not considered proven. It's just the one that has the most evidence so far.

Evolution is much further along.

They're all called theories though because it's an explanation of how things work. It's still called 'the theory of gravity' for example.
Old 28-10-2021, 21:48   #110
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The Big Bang and Evolution are not treated the same in science. Different scientific theories have different levels of confidence.

The Big Bang is currently the most widely supported theory for how this Universe started with most of what we understand about it to be consistent with the universe we can observe. It explains what we do know such as the fact galaxies are moving apart from each other, the energy that would have been required to create the matter we know of and the Cosmic Microwave Background.

But the Big Band remains the best-accepted theory and is not considered proven. It's just the one that has the most evidence so far.

They're all called theories though because it's an explanation of how things work. It's still called 'the theory of gravity' for example.
Only a fool denies the existence of Glenn Miller.
Old 28-10-2021, 21:52   #111
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Hope this helps…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guide...mnb/revision/1

According to your line of "reasoning", if someone hasn’t actually been to Australia, it is perfectly valid for them to state that it doesn’t exist…
and infinity?

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:49 ----------

Quote:

and infinity ?

---------- Post added at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

and of the day I cannot prove you are wrong and you cannot prove you are right and neither can you me.

If I am right there is a future for us to look forward to. If you are right we only have death
Old 28-10-2021, 22:04   #112
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
and infinity ?
We don't know if the universe is infinite or not. All we know is our observable universe is finite (because we can only see so far!)

Quote:
and of the day I cannot prove you are wrong and you cannot prove you are right and neither can you me.
I am not trying to prove you wrong and it's not 'me' who'll ever be proven right as these are not my questions to answer.

I am just trying to point out to you what is actually believed about the theories of evolution and the big bang and what the definition of 'theory' is.

Quote:
If I am right there is a future for us to look forward to. If you are right we only have death

On the plus side if I am right this thread won't go on forever....
Old 28-10-2021, 22:17   #113
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
We don't know if the universe is infinite or not. All we know is our observable universe is finite (because we can only see so far!)

I am not trying to prove you wrong and it's not 'me' who'll ever be proven right as these are not my questions to answer.

I am just trying to point out to you what is actually believed about the theories of evolution and the big bang and what the definition of 'theory' is.

On the plus side if I am right this thread won't go on forever....

if it is not then what is it in?
Old 28-10-2021, 22:27   #114
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
if it is not then what is it in?
our entire universe could be inside a crouton floating in a bowl of soup in another universe
Old 28-10-2021, 22:27   #115
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Infinity is much farther than faith, science or imagination can take you . .

all I know is . . it has no boundaries

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
our entire universe could be inside a crouton floating in a bowl of soup in another universe
I prefer the mirror in a brothel version
Old 28-10-2021, 22:33   #116
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

yes but if you read this thread I have had replies trying to tell me scientific theory is reality and so on when let's face it science has not even scratched the balls of reality yet
Old 28-10-2021, 22:44   #117
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Is there actually a reality?

. . in fact, do any of you exist and I'm creating my own past present and future to fill the void?
Old 28-10-2021, 22:47   #118
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
yes but if you read this thread I have had replies trying to tell me scientific theory is reality and so on when let's face it science has not even scratched the balls of reality yet
But has organised religion "scratched the balls of reality yet" ?
Old 28-10-2021, 22:57   #119
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

All this talk about infinity is interesting but what about the bit beyond infinity that Mr Lightyear frequents?
Old 28-10-2021, 23:01   #120
Carth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
All this talk about infinity is interesting but what about the bit beyond infinity that Mr Lightyear frequents?
I'm not sure we can travel beyond infinity, though if we did manage it, would we end up at the beginning again . . the infinite loop theory?
Closed Thread