Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 09-09-2013, 11:50   #3646
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Whilst BT Sports is a great addition for XL subscribers its pretty average sports content wise , I certainly wouldn't pay for it as a standalone.
Yes l would not pay for it as a standalone although l do remember some revered posters saying it would be a standalone package on Virgin but alas that never came true thankfully.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:53   #3647
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Agreed it is good to have but was standing firm against £15 pcm or whatever it would have been...
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:55   #3648
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Whilst BT Sports is a great addition for XL subscribers its pretty average sports content wise , I certainly wouldn't pay for it as a standalone.
It will keep growing in the next few years. When they can buy rights to EPL again in 2016 expect more than 38 games from BT Sport IMO
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:04   #3649
Doug P
Inactive

Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

I actually expect Sky to fire back and reduce the Premier League games on BT sport.

EDIT@: meaning BT will be outbid for the non-Sky packages sorry for poor terminology
Old 09-09-2013, 12:13   #3650
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
I actually expect Sky to fire back and reduce the Premier League games on BT sport.
I think the minimum amount is 38 so i dont think Sky can do that
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:18   #3651
Doug P
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Quite and so therefore we will start all over again with someone else having 38 games and BT will have lost out like the others.... I may be wrong but just have an instinct that BT will have decided sport is too draining on their reserves by the next auction.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:19   #3652
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Yes you are correct as the most packages Sky can have is five of the seven.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:27   #3653
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
very true MM I said I would not pay for it if it was pay channel on VM when lots said that was only way VM would get it
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 13:27   #3654
denphone
Still alive and fighting

BT Sport passes million mark.

http://www.c21media.net/bt-sport-passes-million-mark/
Old 09-09-2013, 13:59   #3655
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
I have to agree with others BT at no on XL is good, but no way would I pay for it. There is simply not enough variety of sport to watch.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 16:40   #3656
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold

i cancelled my sky sports subscription some time ago on cost.

if BT sports was going to cost me £15pm i wouldn't have paid for it for the same reason.

Whether BT sports would be good value at £15pm i dont know really.

sky sport pack is £27.50pm (without sky movies)- you get 5 channels-inc F1- (2 in HD)- but the HD would cost another £7pm so really £34.50

bt sports £15.00pm -3 channels (all HD)- i suppose on the basis it might be fair though it would also be fair to say Sky content is superior to BT at the moment.

i think BT still need to add to their portfolio if they are serious about challenging Sky.

I am happy to keep my XL tv with BT included- for me that represents decent value

the bottom line is that to watch Sky and BT sports would cost you over £500 per year if you paid for both. That i think is too much.
cityfan247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:24   #3657
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

Bt sport changed logo so it like sky sports 1 logo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WIN_20130912_122319.JPG (428.9 KB, 59 views)
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:53   #3658
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysoj1 View Post
Bt sport changed logo so it like sky sports 1 logo
now they need to put it on top of screen instead of bottom
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 19:39   #3659
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
+1
Old 12-09-2013, 21:00   #3660
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
It will keep growing in the next few years. When they can buy rights to EPL again in 2016 expect more than 38 games from BT Sport IMO
That coincides with the end of the carriage agreement with Virgin so if bt are able to improve their Premier League rights portfolio it could well mean the end of it being free on Virgin.

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
The more I see it the more I like it there! Saturday will be the first full match I'll have seen on bt sport so perhaps I'll think differently afterwards.