Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wireless Router/Pace Set Top Box ADSL Connection Problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wireless Router/Pace Set Top Box ADSL Connection Problem

Old 22-03-2005, 10:58   #1
cheesecake
Inactive

cheesecake is an unknown quantity at this point
Wireless Router/Pace Set Top Box ADSL Connection Problem

I am trying to access my NTL broadband connection through a wireless router (BT Voyager 2100) that is connected to my Pace set top box.

When I go to the BT Voyager Configuration Manager screen and enter my NTL user name and password, I am told that there is no ASDL connection. The DSL light on the router is off, indicating "Not connected to ADSL line or Fault with ADSL connection".

All cables are correctly installed, I have an ADSL Line Cord connecting my set top box to my router. When I connect me laptop to the set top box with a standard ethernet cable the connection is fine.

NTL inform me they cannot give technical support on a router. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong???

Thanks
cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-03-2005, 11:11   #2
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Wireless Router/Pace Set Top Box ADSL Connection Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecake
I am trying to access my NTL broadband connection through a wireless router (BT Voyager 2100) that is connected to my Pace set top box.

When I go to the BT Voyager Configuration Manager screen and enter my NTL user name and password, I am told that there is no ASDL connection. The DSL light on the router is off, indicating "Not connected to ADSL line or Fault with ADSL connection".

All cables are correctly installed, I have an ADSL Line Cord connecting my set top box to my router. When I connect me laptop to the set top box with a standard ethernet cable the connection is fine.

NTL inform me they cannot give technical support on a router. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong???

Thanks
Err, you cannot use ADSL with NTL Set Top Boxes.

IF the router has a standard Ethernet socket labelled WAN (or something similar), use that.

Edit: Just checked. It doesn't have a WAN Ethernet port. You will not be able to use it with your STB. Sorry... You will need a router that supports Cable (not DSL) connections, like the one at http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...204708-3343834
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2005, 11:15   #3
cheesecake
Inactive

Oh bugger.

Thanks.
Old 22-03-2005, 16:34   #4
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road

Before you buy one, check out whether they are known to work with NTL Pace STB (discussions on this and other boards may be a good starting point) - I have a netgear MR814v2 but cannot get the blooming thing to work!

(problem discussed on the board http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...ad.php?t=25883 if anyone knows a solution?)

MrB
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2005, 16:42   #5
cheesecake
Inactive

Thanks for the note. I've just ordered at BT Voyager 1500 to replace the 2100. I'll let you know if it works!