Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV360

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV360

Old 19-04-2023, 11:48   #31
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

Services: Virgin Media Tivo Kahuna Big Bundle, phone and Broadband.
beaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the rough
Re: TV360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Could you expand looks as if you can pick out a show and stream it. Like others that would be the killer for me.
My viewing is almost 100% recorded documentaries.
I understand that TV360 records 6 programs at the same time. TiVo did 3 at the same time.
Old 19-04-2023, 12:34   #32
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Could you expand looks as if you can pick out a show and stream it. Like others that would be the killer for me.
Yes, you can. My 360 gives me an option to pick a show from the EPG and then either record or add to the streaming watchlist. Alternatively, you can use the search facility and do the same.

IIRC, the TiVo and V6 enable you to create a bookmark from a search, which is the same thing.
Old 19-04-2023, 17:40   #33
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Yes, you can. My 360 gives me an option to pick a show from the EPG and then either record or add to the streaming watchlist. Alternatively, you can use the search facility and do the same.

IIRC, the TiVo and V6 enable you to create a bookmark from a search, which is the same thing.
Ok seems the same way record and watch later. So what does benmc mean I 🤔
Old 19-04-2023, 20:23   #34
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Ok seems the same way record and watch later. So what does benmc mean I ��
This Liberty Global provider in Switzerland uses the version of the Horizon/360 hardware without the hard drive due to different content rights there. Recordings are stored in the cloud.

https://www.sunrise.ch/en/internet-tv/tv-subscription

Quote:
Up to 2,000 hours of recordings
Record up to 2,000 hours of your favorite shows – simultaneously, as a series recording and up to seven days after they aired. All recordings are stored for one year.
So if / when the UK moves to cloud recordings it doesn't mean you don't still have the option to do so, but it won't be done in the same way as now.

Last edited by BenMcr; 19-04-2023 at 20:28.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2023, 20:36   #35
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

beaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
This Liberty Global provider in Switzerland uses the version of the Horizon/360 hardware without the hard drive due to different content rights there. Recordings are stored in the cloud.

https://www.sunrise.ch/en/internet-tv/tv-subscription

So if / when the UK moves to cloud recordings it doesn't mean you don't still have the option to do so, but it won't be done in the same way as now.
When is the target year for this change ?

Last edited by beaker17; 19-04-2023 at 20:51.
beaker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2023, 23:09   #36
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker17 View Post
When is the target year for this change ?
There isn't one, I'm just pointing out that 'recordings' can still exist as the technology changes.
Old 20-04-2023, 08:28   #37
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
There isn't one, I'm just pointing out that 'recordings' can still exist as the technology changes.
Thank you -
Old 20-04-2023, 17:07   #38
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Cloud recordings and VOD catch up are the same thing with all the earlier outlined disadvantages that this entails.

The only people who can still record on a 360 are those that converted their old V6 boxes with a software download.

New customers can only have a 360 box that does not have a recording facility, so it's inevitable that, as these boxes fail due to age, they will be replaced with a box that cannot record.

Just because a switchover date hasn't been announced doesn't mean that it won't be happening in due course.

It's obvious that a switchover is starting to be phased in, in exactly the same way as was done for SD boxes, TiVo boxes, V boxes and the V+ ie not giving new customers the option but to have anything else but the 360.

Going by previous changeover programmes, the next stage will probably be to stop replacing legacy boxes with like for like replacements, but with a non recordable 360.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2023, 17:10   #39
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The only people who can still record on a 360 are those that converted their old V6 boxes with a software download.

New customers can only have a 360 box that does not have a recording facility
, so it's inevitable that, as these boxes fail due to age, they will be replaced with a box that cannot record.
All new customers receive a main 360 box which has the hard drive. Any additional 360's are mini boxes.

Anybody regrading from either a Tivo or V6 box will also receive a main 360 box.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2023, 17:42   #40
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
All new customers receive a main 360 box which has the hard drive. Any additional 360's are mini boxes.

Anybody regrading from either a Tivo or V6 box will also receive a main 360 box.
What does ' regrading' mean ? Is it VM admitting it's not an 'upgrade' anymore? Tbh if they gave me one of these it would be bye bye.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2023, 18:12   #41
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post

Sorry, yes, I was getting confused with the streaming box. It's those with more than one box who can no longer increase their recording capacity. When those with 2+ recording boxes experiencea box failure, I think that they will receive non recording 360 boxes as replacement(s) until they are down to only one box with the ability to record.

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
What does ' regrading' mean ? Is it VM admitting it's not an 'upgrade' anymore? Tbh if they gave me one of these it would be bye bye.
Let's hope that any attempt to force people onto them doesn't happen for a few more years

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 20-04-2023 at 18:20. Reason: Spelling & completion Fac HTH
Old 20-04-2023, 20:09   #42
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it, Mr K!

The 360 was definitely a good move in my house. Sorry, though, it doesn’t have a Scart socket! 🤭
Old 20-04-2023, 20:15   #43
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Cloud recordings and VOD catch up are the same thing with all the earlier outlined disadvantages that this entails.
Where are you getting that from? BenMcr has already given us a link to another LG cable service with cloud recording which is different from VOD.

Another error in your post.
Old 20-04-2023, 20:31   #44
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it, Mr K!

The 360 was definitely a good move in my house. Sorry, though, it doesn’t have a Scart socket! 🤭
You've always been jealous of my scart OB
Once they've sucked you into 360 there's no going back, which is strange given its name ....

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Where are you getting that from? BenMcr has already given us a link to another LG cable service with cloud recording which is different from VOD.

Problem with clouds/streaming is that they cease to exist if your interweb fails, which VMs has been doing a bit lately.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2023, 22:21   #45
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post

What error beyond what's already been corrected?

Tell me the difference between them then? Last time me and Spiderplant discussed this, we couldn't see any difference between bookmarking a VOD programme and selecting a 'cloud recording' of a programme.