Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 07-07-2017, 11:06   #4396
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
They scare the crap out of me, I mean LOOK at them. I had a look at a real one today and nearly passed out.
Well they did get the needle in but my vein was too fragile to use, try again next week!
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2017, 11:12   #4397
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Well they did get the needle in but my vein was too fragile to use, try again next week!
Is that a relief for at least another week dilli.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:15   #4398
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Once they get it going I have to do it three times a week

Still it wasn't as bad as I was expecting!
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:29   #4399
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Sorry to hear that Peter as is there not a limit how high one can grow a tree in ones garden
Not really Den plus they've been there for over 50 years. Fortunately they're not really close enough to damage anyone else's property. It would be a shame to get rid though as they're a haven for wildlife.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:35   #4400
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Not really Den plus they've been there for over 50 years. Fortunately they're not really close enough to damage anyone else's property. It would be a shame to get rid though as they're a haven for wildlife.
Yes l can certainly understand your sentiments Peter.

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

Quote:
Once they get it going I have to do it three times a week

Still it wasn't as bad as I was expecting!
Not nice.
Old 07-07-2017, 11:57   #4401
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
When my house was built some numpty decided to plant 4 hybrid black poplar trees in the front garden. They are now approaching 80ft tall and the roots are undermining the driveway and the drains have had to be repaired on several occasions recently. There's a great deal of expense looming on the horizon methinks.
People forget trees grow to some height. We used to have 13 trees around our corner house and it was always dark, The council took 8 of them away. I used to think trees were nice. Now I detest them
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 13:39   #4402
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
People forget trees grow to some height. We used to have 13 trees around our corner house and it was always dark, The council took 8 of them away. I used to think trees were nice. Now I detest them
Yes they do nash they also forget the damage trees can cause to someone's home. Nash like you I used to like trees that was until my neighbour was willing to leave me with a property with both a lot of problems and be basically worthless. I still cannot believe how someone could be so stupid both by there failings to take any action and her selfish attitude. I remember when my neighbour was asked why are you willing to risk and cause such structure damage to not only your own property but your neighbours, my neighbour replied in a very arrogant tone "because when and if that happens I won't be here as I'm an elderly lady you know" in which the Judge replied "my dear you could be 102 but you still have a duty of care to your neighbours property" At the end of the day she ended up with a lot of interdicts against her. I do think it is very sad that she has also ended up with CCJ against her but at the end of the day this could have been so easily avoided.
Old 07-07-2017, 17:18   #4403
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Yes they do nash they also forget the damage trees can cause to someone's home. Nash like you I used to like trees that was until my neighbour was willing to leave me with a property with both a lot of problems and be basically worthless. I still cannot believe how someone could be so stupid both by there failings to take any action and her selfish attitude. I remember when my neighbour was asked why are you willing to risk and cause such structure damage to not only your own property but your neighbours, my neighbour replied in a very arrogant tone "because when and if that happens I won't be here as I'm an elderly lady you know" in which the Judge replied "my dear you could be 102 but you still have a duty of care to your neighbours property" At the end of the day she ended up with a lot of interdicts against her. I do think it is very sad that she has also ended up with CCJ against her but at the end of the day this could have been so easily avoided.
Cheers Weenie
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 20:00   #4404
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Even looking away the feel and the thought of needles can make a grown man or woman agonize.
Osem Jnr # 2 always hated having blood tests etc. and it was truly horrendous having to hold him down whilst he struggled and screamed. As he grew older and got stronger it became almost impossible to hold him and we really dreaded the prospect every time it had to be done then something remarkable happened. I needed a number of blood tests before I had my surgery a couple of years ago and on one occasion we took him with us to the hospital. When I was called in I decided to ask if he could come in with me hoping he'd see me having it done and that would stop him being so scared. As it turned out, it was even better than that. After I had mine done, he wanted to have his blood taken and got quite upset when we had to tell him he couldn't have it done. The best part is that ever since that day, having a blood test is so much easier. He's 6ft 2" and a strong as an ox so there's no way anyone could hold him down now and to be honest it's an extremely painful thing for any parent to have to do.

Last edited by Osem; 07-07-2017 at 20:08.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:27   #4405
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Bloody noisy street neighbours.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:50   #4406
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Extortionate Family Court fees
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:15   #4407
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

scooters hundreds of bloody scooter driving past on way to beach surrounded by the blue haze of 2 stroke oil what a racket
Old 08-07-2017, 17:04   #4408
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

aghhh its been like this all day

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/ne...ttracts-166241
Old 08-07-2017, 19:42   #4409
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
l hope that you kept out of trouble.
Old 09-07-2017, 19:17   #4410
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

It never rains but it pours as they say. My Dad wanted me and my sister to go through my Mum's clothes last Sunday personally I thought this was far too soon but naturally I did as he requested although I suspect my sister was the driving force behind this, anyway I realised mid week that my engagement ring was missing and I'm both very upset and kicking myself as due to weight loss because of my illness my engagement was too big and my hubby kept saying let's get that resized doll and guess what I never got round to it.

I just have this underlying gut feeling that my engagement has fell off into one of the bags that were either taken to the charity shop or dump and to be honest I'm dreading making a claim as I have no receipt as the ring was bought over 30 years ago plus the insurance card that came with my engagement ring has since been lost due to moving house 3 times but I do have pictures of it sadly the jewelers that we bought it from has since closed down.

I was wondering can anyone advice on claiming is it really worth the hassle as I just cannot be bothered as I have my Mum's funeral tomorrow. I'm finding everyday life extremely hard at the moment and I feel this is a hassle that I could without tbh and anyway the ring might turn up I just do not know what to do. Hubby thinks the ring is lost as we have checked everywhere and we should make a claim sooner rather than later but the way I look at it is we have the money to buy a replacement if needed so why be hassled with making a claim.

Last edited by weenie; 09-07-2017 at 19:21.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote