Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 12-06-2015, 15:06   #5071
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

80.0.88 SH2
82.22.154 SH2ac

Won't be able to do the traceroute till tomorrow (Saturday) as at the seaside right now.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2015, 15:32   #5072
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Thanks.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 15:48   #5073
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

BTW, Igni - they are always like that and during the bulge episode the two circuits behaved differently i.e. one had the bulge the other didn't,

Old 12-06-2015, 16:13   #5074
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Different subnets, different routing. Basic networking 101.

Your traffic is taking completely different paths so the difference in the BQM graph and bumpiness has virtually nothing to do with your equipment.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 17:18   #5075
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Different subnets, different routing. Basic networking 101.

Your traffic is taking completely different paths so the difference in the BQM graph and bumpiness has virtually nothing to do with your equipment.
I knew all that Qasi.

Old 12-06-2015, 17:22   #5076
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I knew all that Qasi.
And yet your posts state the exact opposite.
Old 12-06-2015, 18:01   #5077
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
And yet your posts state the exact opposite.
They state nothing of the sort. You tell me where?

I was answering PJLFC as to the BQM difference in modem mode vs router mode.

Old 12-06-2015, 18:22   #5078
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

You post two graphs and say there is deffo a difference in router vs. modem mode. Then you say you know the difference is nothing to do with router vs. modem mode.
Old 12-06-2015, 18:55   #5079
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

I said nothing of the sort. Read what PSLFC asked in his immediately previous post.

Old 12-06-2015, 20:54   #5080
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
BTW, Igni - they are always like that and during the bulge episode the two circuits behaved differently i.e. one had the bulge the other didn't,
Yes.

Your SH 2 AC is, on the return path, going via the Extreme LINX LAN, your SH 2 vanilla is using transit for return path.

Both are using transit outbound.

This was, however, different previously.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 22:26   #5081
Carlos Carboni

can you ping the superhub AC on modem mode? how did you do that Seph?
Old 12-06-2015, 22:39   #5082
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

You mean with the Thinkbroadband BQM? You just register on their site and follow the instructions for setting it up.

It's not the modem that is pinged but the router behind it. It gets tricky if your PC is directly connected to the modem. Or rather to say I haven't tried it.

Old 15-06-2015, 18:54   #5083
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I said nothing of the sort. Read what PSLFC asked in his immediately previous post.
Ermm, you mentioned no previous post and quoted no previous post. And you said exactly this sort:

Quote:
So there is a defo difference in BQM behaviour as between router and modem mode but not to the extent of the spikes shown in the dead of night on your circuit.
Old 15-06-2015, 20:27   #5084
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Ermm, you mentioned no previous post and quoted no previous post. And you said exactly this sort:
Are you blind? My post immediately followed the post I was answering. I was addressing this observation in relation to the BQM by that poster:

"This is from the SH2ac directly at the moment, not in modem mode. Whether that's what's causing the issue and a better router would fix it I'm not sure".

If you can't accept that then your motives are questionable.

Old 28-06-2015, 21:46   #5085
joeron
cf.member

joeron is an unknown quantity at this point

nice bump on the network tonight seem to be hiting ever one on VM from what i can see on ttb Graph, seem to be making ever thing laggy

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]]
joeron is offline   Reply With Quote