Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | MSN

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

MSN

Old 16-11-2006, 13:46   #1
fireman328
Inactive

fireman328 has reached the bronze age
fireman328 has reached the bronze agefireman328 has reached the bronze age
MSN

A post last night informed that MSN was down but mine was OK so I ignored it. Today I cannot use MSN messenger can anyone throw any light on this ? Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Seems OK now !
fireman328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-11-2006, 14:18   #2
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: MSN

Yes, it was down last night (for my daughter in Leics and here in Leeds)

OK now, though.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 14:34   #3
zing_deleted

Why didnt you tag this post on the end of the other post you saw instead of posting a new Topic maybe I will apply to be a mod after all
Old 16-11-2006, 14:38   #4
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

So you should - I think you have all the characteristics and behaviours of a moderator
Old 16-11-2006, 14:44   #5
fireman328
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
Why didnt you tag this post on the end of the other post you saw instead of posting a new Topic maybe I will apply to be a mod after all
Because I did a search this morning using "MSN" and nothing came back, ergo new thread.
Old 16-11-2006, 14:57   #6
zing_deleted

but in your original post you said you saw a post you can bump that post with the same or similar problem to save new topics but anyway who am i to tell you how to use the forum

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
So you should - I think you have all the characteristics and behaviours of a moderator
is that good or bad??
Old 16-11-2006, 15:01   #7
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Not for me to say (in case you become a mod)
Old 16-11-2006, 16:15   #8
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Go for it Zing
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 16:22   #9
zing_deleted

I wasnt being serious
Old 16-11-2006, 16:26   #10
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Shame
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 16:51   #11
fireman328
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
Not for me to say (in case you become a mod)
ditto
Old 16-11-2006, 17:02   #12
zing_deleted

Im an arrogant opinionated biggot so maybe the insults going out to the other mods hehehehehehe
Old 16-11-2006, 20:00   #13
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

One possible reason for the various MSN and Hotmail outages: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11...rnet_brownout/
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2006, 10:54   #14
squirrel1970
Inactive

squirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of light

Ah yes.. explains why we couldn't visit sky.com and why MSN (aka:Windows Live Messenger) and a few other things weren't working the other night. We did think it was us... heck, I'm gonna bookmark that site, Stuart C! And thanks!
squirrel1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2006, 12:36   #15
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Had alot of issues last night on WLM, messages bouncing back, webcams disconnecting after around a minute or so... No fun at all. So, i switched Skype on, talked on there and had a nice 4 hour video conversation without a single glitch. Nice!

Basically, don't be afraid to drag friends onto a back-up client
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote