Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Ben Ainslie: Four-time gold medal winner retires from Olympic sailing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BBC Sports Personality of the Year
View Poll Results: Who should win Sports Personality of the Year
Bradley Wiggins 10 30.30%
Andy Murray 8 24.24%
David Wier 1 3.03%
Mo Farah 2 6.06%
Jessica Ennis 2 6.06%
Ellie Simmonds 3 9.09%
Sarah Storey 1 3.03%
Ben Ainslie 0 0%
Laura Trott 0 0%
Nicola Adams 0 0%
Jade Jones 0 0%
Sir Chris Hoy 0 0%
Charlotte Dujardin 0 0%
Joey Barton 4 12.12%
Someone Else 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2012, 09:26   #1
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
BBC Sports Personality of the Year

Very difficult year, normally we're struggling to work out who has done enough to merit the award and this year there are so many people who would win it. Bradley Wiggins - certain winner if it were not for Andy Murry who would also have been a certain winner if it wasn't for Sarah Story and the list goes on...
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2012, 09:32   #2
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year

Yes l have to agree with you as there are so many fine candidates and l would not know what one to choose at the moment as there has never been a sporting year like this one for a long time..
Old 11-09-2012, 10:06   #3
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

You added a Joey Barton option, REALLY?

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:08   #4
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
You added a Joey Barton option, REALLY?
Just making sure you read all the way to the bottom of the list.

Really tough call this year, I'd imagine the Olympians will get a special group award leaving a fight between Murray and Wiggins.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:22   #5
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Barton to win all the way. None of those deserve to win Personality of the Year imo. Although I suppose Murray will win it. But until he wins Wimbledon, he hasn't achieved anything major in my book.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:27   #6
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Barton to win all the way. None of those deserve to win Personality of the Year imo. Although I suppose Murray will win it. But until he wins Wimbledon, he hasn't achieved anything major in my book.
US Open is a Grand Slam....
Old 11-09-2012, 11:06   #7
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

I'll take a different slant and say Clare Balding. Sports commentator, presenter and writer).
She has come through her own adversities, and she smiles more than Murray
I admire her very much.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:23   #8
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

No John Terry?

Impossibly difficult to judge because so many of them have achieved so much. However, taking the word 'personality' as my cue, I've voted for Jess Ennis as she has a smile to die for.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:45   #9
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Talking Re: BBC Sports Personality of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I've voted for Jess Ennis as she has a smile to die for.
Just the smile?
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:49   #10
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Just the smile?
Well - her party frock too. The fact that she's been seen in the same one multiple times. It somehow adds to that whole unspoiled Olympian athlete thing, that she's not some preening sleb like so many of the wastes of space seen attending premieres and other glitzy events.

Yes, she is also a fine figure of a woman, though personally I prefer more curves, such as those I am blessed to enjoy here at home.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:55   #11
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I went with Andy Murray. Mostly because he won the US Open, was passionate about losing the Wimbledon final, but also won a gold and silver medal at the Olympics. Bradley Wiggins is a close call for winning the Tour de France as well as the gold. Mo Farah would be up there as well on account of his 'story' and the symbolism of a first-generation immigrant competing under the British flag and his obvious pride in doing so.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:01   #12
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

I can't decide. Any other year at least half a dozen of them would be red hot favourites to win. I've narrowed it down by excluding Baron
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:29   #13
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
US Open is a Grand Slam....
Yes, but without Federer and Nadal playing he had an easy ride to the final. And Djokovic just wasn't good enough. I still say that until Murray wins Wimbledon, he won't have achieved anything. That is my opinion on him, I'm sorry if others don't agree with it.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 14:19   #14
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

It has to be Wiggins for me 99 editions of Le Tour the biggest and most prestideous Cycle race in the World and not even a sniff of a British winner apart from the great Robert Millar. Wiggo did it in style , he then went on to win the Oylmpic time trial a week later
I conceed Murray has done a great job this year and it will be a close battle between them.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 14:35   #15
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Yes, but without Federer and Nadal playing he had an easy ride to the final. And Djokovic just wasn't good enough. I still say that until Murray wins Wimbledon, he won't have achieved anything. That is my opinion on him, I'm sorry if others don't agree with it.
A Grand Slam is a Grand Slam and l am not sure Federer or Nadal would have beaten Murray if they had met in this tournament.