Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 21-10-2019, 11:00   #3526
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Saturday's showing was scheduled to be 1:30 long, and Sunday's 1:35, so you may have got two complete recordings, allowing for padding. Were they both recorded from the same channel?

Are you sure you haven't got a Series Link or WishList that recorded one of them? Another possibility is one was a Suggestion?
Both were recorded from BBC One HD - Saturday evening and Sunday morning - and I have padding added to all recordings. I neither have a series link plus for Match off the Day nor a wishlist set up. Long ago I turned 'suggestions' off as I find it useless for the kind of programmes I enjoy.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-10-2019, 13:19   #3527
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

One random theory on this:

The box rebooted itself at some point between the show finishing and the recording finishing? When it came back online there was nothing left to record
That way you would be none the wiser as you've watched what you need to but the box counts it as a failed recording and automatically records the next showing for you.

A bit out there but could be possible. It may be too late to check now but if you have one or more tuners on channel 999 then that signifies a re-boot took place.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 14:18   #3528
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
One random theory on this:

The box rebooted itself at some point between the show finishing and the recording finishing? When it came back online there was nothing left to record
That way you would be none the wiser as you've watched what you need to but the box counts it as a failed recording and automatically records the next showing for you.

A bit out there but could be possible. It may be too late to check now but if you have one or more tuners on channel 999 then that signifies a re-boot took place.
Certainly a possibility. Searching for an explanation I did look at my tuners list the following day and three of them were on 999 which struck me as unusual as it's a channel I never visit. However, when I looked in recording hiccups there was nothing untoward there.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2020, 09:06   #3529
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

There seems to be a fault with the C5 channel and its variants as the programming info only goes up to Friday morning then it says "to be announced" as l am trying to record a series that starts on Friday but l can't.
Old 27-04-2020, 09:09   #3530
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Done the usual in rebooting the box properly?
Old 27-04-2020, 09:10   #3531
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Done the usual in rebooting the box properly?
l have done that SnoopZ as that was the first thing l did.
Old 27-04-2020, 09:34   #3532
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
There seems to be a fault with the C5 channel and its variants as the programming info only goes up to Friday morning then it says "to be announced" as l am trying to record a series that starts on Friday but l can't.
It's just this Friday. I looked and Saturday onto the next Friday is there on both 105 and 154.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2020, 09:36   #3533
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Same here Den, Manchester area 20. Channel 5/+ on Friday does seem to be the only day involved though.
Old 27-04-2020, 09:43   #3534
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Same here Den, Manchester area 20. Channel 5/+ on Friday does seem to be the only day involved though.
Thanks Jo as dozey me did not look beyond this Friday as l have now gone to the following Friday now to set a series record.

---------- Post added at 09:43 ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
It's just this Friday. I looked and Saturday onto the next Friday is there on both 105 and 154.
Thanks Cheekyangus.
Old 27-04-2020, 09:52   #3535
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Glad to see you are sorted Den.
Old 27-04-2020, 12:15   #3536
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

Presumably will be ok later in the week - not as though you are going anywhere
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2020, 12:21   #3537
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Presumably will be ok later in the week - not as though you are going anywhere
No l won't be going anywhere for the forseeable future Raider as l saw the series advertised but could not set a series record but the wise sages of CF plotted the road ahead for dozey me.
Old 27-04-2020, 15:07   #3538
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

C5 for Friday was missing on all platforms and was only released today. It is now appearing fine here on my V6 after a callback.
Quote:
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2020, 16:41   #3539
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
C5 for Friday was missing on all platforms and was only released today. It is now appearing fine here on my V6 after a callback.
Was going to say, I spotted this on my Sky box too
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2020, 17:00   #3540
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Thanks for that.