Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Belkin G+ MIMO Router +NTL 25O Modem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Belkin G+ MIMO Router +NTL 25O Modem

Old 08-03-2007, 23:17   #1
2old4this
cf.addict

2old4this is on a distinguished road2old4this is on a distinguished road
Belkin G+ MIMO Router +NTL 25O Modem

Hi

Just brought the above router recomended my a m8 who also runs one on 10mb ntl
I have followed the installation guide step by step i found that problem is that the router will not pick my modem rest of the lights are working ok but the WAN light is blinking. i have tried averything disconnected both modem and router for 5mins changed the cables round reset the router rebooted the pc still WAN light flashing. please help as i pulling my hair out
Also i told to select Dynamic when installing disk is this ok?
2old4this is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2007, 09:22   #2
absthechatter
Inactive

absthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really nice
Re: Belkin G+ MIMO Router +NTL 25O Modem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2old4this View Post
Hi

Just brought the above router recomended my a m8 who also runs one on 10mb ntl
I have followed the installation guide step by step i found that problem is that the router will not pick my modem rest of the lights are working ok but the WAN light is blinking. i have tried averything disconnected both modem and router for 5mins changed the cables round reset the router rebooted the pc still WAN light flashing. please help as i pulling my hair out
Also i told to select Dynamic when installing disk is this ok?
Looks like it's having problems finding MAC.

Have you tried switching off the PC, router and modem all together? If not switch them all off, leave for a minute or so, then switch on cable modem and allow to fully start up. Then switch on router and allow to fully switch on. Then start your PC.

Also, I have always found with Belkin that you have more 'luck' if you set it up initially using the ethernet connection, then when that is working, then start using the wireless.

Abs
absthechatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:20   #3
2old4this
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by absthechatter View Post
Looks like it's having problems finding MAC.

Have you tried switching off the PC, router and modem all together? If not switch them all off, leave for a minute or so, then switch on cable modem and allow to fully start up. Then switch on router and allow to fully switch on. Then start your PC.

Also, I have always found with Belkin that you have more 'luck' if you set it up initially using the ethernet connection, then when that is working, then start using the wireless.

Abs
ok i have sorted it out can someone tell do i keep my firewall off in XP or turn it on
Thanks
Old 09-03-2007, 13:18   #4
absthechatter
Inactive

absthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really niceabsthechatter is just really nice

You will have a hardware firewall built in to the router, but it will not do any harm to keep the XP software firewall on as well, there should not be any conflicts between the two. I personally keep them both on.

Abs
absthechatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 18:02   #5
2old4this
cf.addict

Wink Re: Belkin G+ MIMO Router +NTL 25O Modem

Quote:
Originally Posted by absthechatter View Post
You will have a hardware firewall built in to the router, but it will not do any harm to keep the XP software firewall on as well, there should not be any conflicts between the two. I personally keep them both on.

Abs
Thanks for that

As i am new to this wireless router can you tell me how i stop others from picking up my router signal