Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 12:26   #1021
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
V6 has updated software after I had to do a reboot. Anyone know what this is about?
I'm fairly certain they update it regularly anyway, I wouldn't expect anything major or noticeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Preparation for automatic conversion to TV 360?
That would be a PR disaster if they just sprung it on customers. They'd have to give lots of notice to do it properly.
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2022, 20:27   #1022
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I'm fairly certain they update it regularly anyway, I wouldn't expect anything major or noticeable.

That would be a PR disaster if they just sprung it on customers. They'd have to give lots of notice to do it properly.
It certainly would, and if Virgin and Sky continue with high prices for existing customers, I can see lots of people dumping them due to the cost of living crisis.
Old 09-08-2022, 21:59   #1023
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
It certainly would, and if Virgin and Sky continue with high prices for existing customers, I can see lots of people dumping them due to the cost of living crisis.
I'm watching less and less stuff on the Virgin TV service. Most of the time it's just on as background noise so will probably get rid of it in a few months time.
Old 10-08-2022, 21:48   #1024
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

If you want Virgin Media to launch any of a following channels soon here some bad news:

Virgin has no plans to carry:

CNN International HD,
Sky Sports Main Event UHD,
Classic Hits TV,
That's TV UK,
Boomerang HD

https://twitter.com/MediaBoyUK/statu...52280085069826
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 10-08-2022, 21:54   #1025
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
If you want Virgin Media to launch any of a following channels soon here some bad news:

Virgin has no plans to carry:
https://twitter.com/MediaBoyUK/statu...52280085069826
Disclaimer: according to their social media team, canned response.

Most things aren’t announced until they happen anyway so ………….
Old 10-08-2022, 21:59   #1026
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
Disclaimer: according to their social media team, canned response.

Most things aren’t announced until they happen anyway so ………….
Thanks for info.
Old 10-08-2022, 22:43   #1027
spankysmagicpian
cf.geek

Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
spankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these partsspankysmagicpian is just so famous around these parts

Have I missed something? On top Volt package and seems I'm now subscribed to UHD Sky on demand...is this a new thing? Last time I looked, it was an extra I had to pay for.
Old 11-08-2022, 08:52   #1028
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankysmagicpian View Post
Have I missed something? On top Volt package and seems I'm now subscribed to UHD Sky on demand...is this a new thing? Last time I looked, it was an extra I had to pay for.
If you are on the top tier you should receive Sky UHD on-demand content. I was missing out on this but a kind mod over on Virgin Media Community sorted this for me. The Sky content is UHD but not HDR.
Old 11-08-2022, 11:38   #1029
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Virgin Media UK will move GB News HD from Virgin Channel 626 to Virgin Channel 604 ON August 11th.
Didn't happen. Maybe the payment didn't go through.
Old 11-08-2022, 14:09   #1030
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Virgin Media UK will move GB News HD from Virgin Channel 626 to Virgin Channel 604 ON August 11th.
Now set to happen on August 24th.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/gb-news-mo...channel-number
Old 12-08-2022, 15:39   #1031
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
If you are on the top tier you should receive Sky UHD on-demand content. I was missing out on this but a kind mod over on Virgin Media Community sorted this for me. The Sky content is UHD but not HDR.
I rang virgin media the other week as I pay £100 a month and wanted Netflix they gave me sky movies uhd as an extra im out of contract in October so I need a better deal then
Old 17-08-2022, 18:31   #1032
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK Sources has today given me some hot info on Warner Bros. Discovery. But I have make up my mind after thinking about it long and hard to sit on it until I get more info.
Old 17-08-2022, 18:34   #1033
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Media Boy UK Sources has today given me some hot info on Warner Bros. Discovery. But I have make up my mind after thinking about it long and hard to sit on it until I get more info.
Gibberish or are you on about hbo / discovery + merging . ?

Last edited by Itshim; 17-08-2022 at 18:39.
Old 17-08-2022, 20:25   #1034
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
Usual gibberish from you MB

Either post it or don’t, enough of this trivial nonsense.

It’s either embargoed or not.
As you well know, MB is putting his life on the line by leaking such info
Old 18-08-2022, 00:46   #1035
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

The disrespect shown to MB is just baffling. Like why type up posts like the above? What does it accomplish?

I've been following MB since he joined here in 2006 and his posts made me sign up in 2007. Thats 16 years of posts! He's a top guy in my eyes and I enjoy these threads each year as we discuss the never ending possibility of Sky Atlantic, or the stunning arrival of BT Sport at the last minute or all the discussions on HD versions of channels. Its been a bloody good laugh if you ask me as well as interesting!

So thanks Media Boy and if you can't share a source just yet thats fine. Better to keep good sources happy in the long run.

If you haven't got anything good to say either why not just put the smart phone down and let the rest of us enjoy hopefully another 16 years! God knows where we'll be then!
Closed Thread