Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Torchwood : Series 4 - Miracle Day (Starz)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Torchwood : Series 4 - Miracle Day (Starz)

Old 21-06-2011, 20:27   #31
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
re: Torchwood : Series 4 - Miracle Day (Starz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Is there still no confirmed date for this? All I've heard so far is "after the US"...
The US air date is 8/july so i would imagine that we will be seeing it on BBC1 very close to that date possibly even the the day after (saturday 9th) but as the BBC have no schedules up for next month yet i cannot find a definate UK air date

http://epguides.com/Torchwood/

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

however this site says the 6th july

http://www.geektown.co.uk/2011/06/21...mer-in-the-uk/
Advertisement
Old 22-06-2011, 08:45   #32
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
'Torchwood won't abandon Welsh roots, says Russell T Davies
I can see a LOT explaining to the Yanks taking place.

"You mean Scotch-land? Where the men wear skirts?"....

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 08:47   #33
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
The US air date is 8/july so i would imagine that we will be seeing it on BBC1 very close to that date possibly even the the day after (saturday 9th) but as the BBC have no schedules up for next month yet i cannot find a definate UK air date

http://epguides.com/Torchwood/

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

however this site says the 6th july

http://www.geektown.co.uk/2011/06/21...mer-in-the-uk/
The BBC have now got that weeks info up and there is no mention of Torchwood on it.
Old 22-06-2011, 15:41   #34
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I can see a LOT explaining to the Yanks taking place.

"You mean Scotch-land? Where the men wear skirts?"....
Have you seen the clip where one of the Americans refers to Gwen as "England's finest" and she replies "I'm Welsh!" and then smacks her one?

EDIT: It's actually like this…

American: If you're the best England's got to offer, then God help you.

Gwen: I'm Welsh. *SMACK!*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4JXRiLdZq0
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 16:24   #35
Pauls9
Inactive

Services: VM TVM HD, BBL, phone; BT phone; Freeview.
Pauls9 has reached the bronze age
Pauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze age

Heh - reminds me of a conversation during a package tour in Florida:

Local to attractive woman tourist: "You're English, aren't you?"
Woman: "No, I'm Welsh."
Local: "But that's in England, surely?"
Pauls9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 17:08   #36
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The BBC have now got that weeks info up and there is no mention of Torchwood on it.
If the BBC are not showing it very close to the US air date then i think it will be a very poor decision by them and will affect the viewing figures because i can see a lot of people downloading the episodes as i probably will
Old 22-06-2011, 17:11   #37
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
If the BBC are not showing it very close to the US air date then i think it will be a very poor decision by them and will affect the viewing figures because i can see a lot of people downloading the episodes as i probably will
It won't effect the viewing figures as they are worked out as an average and not actually taken from actual figures.

So far all they have said is later in the summer.
Old 22-06-2011, 17:14   #38
martyh

Quote:
It won't effect the viewing figures as they are worked out as an average and not actually taken from actual figures.

So far all they have said is later in the summer.
That's ok then ,i would hate to see the show cancelled due to poor figures because the beeb shot themselves in the foot
Old 22-06-2011, 21:03   #39
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

It wouldn't surprise me if it gets aired on the BBC the same night, merely hours before it premieres on Starz in the states

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 08:51   #40
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if it gets aired on the BBC the same night, merely hours before it premieres on Starz in the states
Won't happen, as already mentioned the BBC have already announced programming for that week and Torchwood isn't listed.
Old 23-06-2011, 18:05   #41
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
Have you seen the clip where one of the Americans refers to Gwen as "England's finest" and she replies "I'm Welsh!" and then smacks her one?

EDIT: It's actually like this…

American: If you're the best England's got to offer, then God help you.

Gwen: I'm Welsh. *SMACK!*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4JXRiLdZq0
Already my favourite moment from the entire series

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2011, 19:42   #42
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

"Torchwood: Miracle Day UK transmission now at least a week after US premiere?"

Hmm. I can see quite a few people sticking with this "US Timeline" thread then, rather than bothering with a "UK Timeline" one...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 17:22   #43
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

July the 14th is the UK date 6 Days after the US.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s8/to...ed-by-bbc.html
Old 27-06-2011, 17:26   #44
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...ssell-t-davies

Quote:
But Davies, never over-enamoured of the views of hardcore superfans, seems largely unworried about the possibility <of the delay> – arguing that as it's a BBC1 9pm show, not many will bother to download it first.
Old 27-06-2011, 18:09   #45
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
July the 14th is the UK date 6 Days after the US.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s8/to...ed-by-bbc.html
Seriously ... 6 days? Why is that such a hardship?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote