Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ntl Telewest and Big Brother 7 News.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ntl Telewest and Big Brother 7 News.

Old 20-05-2006, 09:49   #76
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: ntl Telewest and Big Brother 7 News.

When I try to use it with IE7, all I get when I click on the 'watch live' link is another window open with the same page appearing in it

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-05-2006, 09:55   #77
Hans Gruber
cf.addict

Services: VM XL TV, Phone, 100mbit Internet.
Hans Gruber will become famous soon enoughHans Gruber will become famous soon enoughHans Gruber will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by otguk
Does not work with firefox.... the way i have it set up, and that is to work with the other 99% of the internet. Come on get your plug-in`s sorted out ppl.

Works with IE.

Only one feed!

How many cameras are there in that house.

Should have a feed from all of them.

Yes am behind a router/firewall.
It would cost them a fortune to edit/censor a live stream from every camera in the house
Hans Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 10:57   #78
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis

have to admit after leaving it on for 10 mins its a big improvement over last year, higher bitrate and not one skip yet.
you were on 10 meg for last years big brother?

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 11:05   #79
James Henry
Permanently Banned

James Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these partsJames Henry is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id
you were on 10 meg for last years big brother?
He means that the stream itself is higher bitrate. The stream won't be 2Mbit let alone 10Mbit so it doesn't make any difference whether you're on 2 or 10 for these purposes.
James Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 14:36   #80
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

Its finally working ...

www.ntlworld.com/bigbrother

Watch live works!
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 15:09   #81
bilal
Inactive

bilal is an unknown quantity at this point

comes up with ready for me and then does sod all... if i use the direct link comes up with proxy error, file may be in use or you may not have access to where the file is stored. Oh well, well done ntl
bilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 15:32   #82
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

Try here: www.ntlworld.com/video/bigbrother/s.php
Old 20-05-2006, 16:20   #83
bilal
Inactive

well firs it came on that are u are u a broadband plus subscrber. CLick here if you are... Opened new window which had the vidoe on it came up with ready and nothing happened. Refreshed the window you said Jack001 and it came up with windows media player and ready came up
Old 20-05-2006, 17:07   #84
Zee
Inactive

I do get an error:

Sorry

The Big Brother live video is only available to ntl Broadband Plus subscribers.
If you are not a Broadband Plus subscriber, please click here.
If you are a Broadband Plus subscriber, you may not have been recognised because you have bookmarked this page rather than linking to it via the ntl Big Brother site (please click here and we'll verify you are a Broadband Plus user).

I just click the verify link and it works fine, make sure you don't have a proxy or a IP hiding program running or something ...
Old 20-05-2006, 20:45   #85
bilal
Inactive

im behind a router if that makes any difference. Most people dont seem to be complaining so it may only be me
Old 20-05-2006, 20:59   #86
Hans Gruber
cf.addict

Services: VM XL TV, Phone, 100mbit Internet.
Hans Gruber will become famous soon enoughHans Gruber will become famous soon enoughHans Gruber will become famous soon enough

I'm behind a router and it's fine, only problem I have is it won't work in firefox but IE is fine.
Hans Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 21:44   #87
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I'm behind a router, it was working fine in IE yesterday but today it won't work in Firefox or IE.

It loads up but the media player just stays blank.
Old 21-05-2006, 02:48   #88
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gruber
It would cost them a fortune to edit/censor a live stream from every camera in the house
I remember either the 1st or 2nd series of big brother when I had sky digi there was 2 cameras to choose from on the interactive, obviousy not every camera but allowed a choice since they tend to split into 2 groups almost every year I think that would be a good thing to do.

---------- Post added at 02:48 ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Henry
He means that the stream itself is higher bitrate. The stream won't be 2Mbit let alone 10Mbit so it doesn't make any difference whether you're on 2 or 10 for these purposes.
Yep, last year the stream was 384kbit and often reconnected at lower bitrate following skips etc. Now its 512kbit.

I was on 2mbit last year for informational purposes.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006, 09:05   #89
otguk
Inactive

Services: SuperHub upto 50Mbps, TiVo, x2 HD boxes, Phone @£105 per month.
otguk is an unknown quantity at this point

***This is Firefox calling***

http://www.ntlworld.com/broadbandplu...rother/ews.php (this comes from clicking on Watch Live, right clicking in the black space in pop-up box and selecting properties, then copying the url)

WMP pops up = error message

Go back to firefox and see the address its linking from...

http://www.ntlbroadbandplus.premiumt...r?eventId=1984

Now delete until this is left....

http://www.ntlbroadbandplus.premiumtv.co.uk and you get this

http://www.ntlbroadbandplus.premiumt...,12212,00.html

Well i found it strange. Its a Sunday morning.
otguk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006, 11:34   #90
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I had problems when I followed the link http://www.ntlworld.com/microsites/tvradio/bigbrother/ and clicked PLAY ME, I disabled Google Toolbar Pop ups and I'm now watching live streaming.

If you are having provlems try disabling pop up blockers