Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin confirm 500/35 tier

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin confirm 500/35 tier

Old 28-02-2019, 09:17   #1
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all
Virgin confirm 500/35 tier

Incase people didn't see this in the other thread

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...ring-2019.html
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-02-2019, 09:41   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin confirm 500/35 tier

If it turns out they give the current top tier a free upgrade to 500mbit then i hope they increase the other tiers too, as i have no interest in paying top wack to get the highest speeds possible but still want my current 200mbit tier boosted for free.
Old 28-02-2019, 11:20   #3
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Yeah that bit did confuse me, I can't see Virgin giving 350 customers an almost 200Mbps speed boost for free though
Old 28-02-2019, 12:48   #4
StevenNT
cf.addict

Services: 500Mb Hyperoptic, Sky Signature with HD, UHD and Ultimate On Demand
StevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about themStevenNT has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
If it turns out they give the current top tier a free upgrade to 500mbit then i hope they increase the other tiers too, as i have no interest in paying top wack to get the highest speeds possible but still want my current 200mbit tier boosted for free.
from memory VM usually adjusts the lower tiers once the top tier has been given a speed lift so hopefully us on the 200Mb tier will get some kid of uplift at some point.
StevenNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2019, 13:37   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenNT View Post
from memory VM usually adjusts the lower tiers once the top tier has been given a speed lift so hopefully us on the 200Mb tier will get some kid of uplift at some point.
They're currently doing a trial of a new speed tier of 500/35 so my concern was it would be a new more expensive tier rather than a free upgrade for the current top tier, will just have to wait and see.
Old 28-02-2019, 14:18   #6
crowarth
cf.member

Services: Voom Fibre Option 3, 13 static IP addresses
crowarth is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to crowarth

Hopefully it's a free upgrade - the novelty of 350 down has worn off a bit for me (still nice to see the speeds) but the upload is quite important as I run several servers behind the multiple static IP option I have on my service.
crowarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2019, 15:42   #7
Synthetic
cf.geek

Yup it's the upload that appeals to me as I work from home a lot so sending stuff about would be a lot quicker!

I suspect it'll only be available in areas that can support it, or do we think everywhere is up to 24 down / 4 up now?
Old 28-02-2019, 19:09   #8
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Any 'free' upgrades from VM are quickly followed by another inflation busting rise. As sure as night follows day....
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2019, 20:34   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Any 'free' upgrades from VM are quickly followed by another inflation busting rise. As sure as night follows day....
Prices go up regardless of any speed increase.
Old 28-02-2019, 20:39   #10
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Prices go up regardless of any speed increase.
Well there's inflation, and VMs version of inflation....
Old 28-02-2019, 22:39   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Commercial business price increases are rarely directly connected to inflation
Old 01-03-2019, 01:40   #12
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I'll have that 500/35 please.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:09   #13
Synthetic
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Going off the other thread it looks like we'll see nearer 550 as it's overprovisioned at 575ish
Old 01-03-2019, 09:14   #14
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Up to your usual grumps l see.
Old 01-03-2019, 13:40   #15
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
So what can you do with 500, that you can't with 350? Genuinely curious.

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Up to your usual grumps l see.
Endeavour to maintain a certain continuity Den