Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BT scam call

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Phone number for retentions

Old 25-02-2020, 21:13   #1
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Phone number for retentions

Anyone know what the number is to contact Virgin retentions is now on a fixed line? Ive tried 150 but it doesn't give the option in main menu if u wish to leave anymore.

The reason i ask is because i cannot get any satisfaction from their call centers and trying to talk to someone who is Chinese and barely understands English is a joke.

I called them yesterday as my loyalty discount was due to run out next month and we came to an agreed price yesterday which i was happy with. Over night i get an email with new contract for a price which is more than i agreed to so today i rang them and i get told that they cannot honor the price that they quoted me yesterday on the phone.

So i wish to speak to retentions to see what deals they can offer me or i will switch to Sky.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-02-2020, 21:30   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Phone number for retentions

You cant select to speak to retentions, you need to speak to the indian call centres first and cancel the service, they then will transfer you
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2020, 23:38   #3
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

When I was a VM customer I used to always call this number, no idea if if still works but you could give it a try and hopefully explain your situation, good luck.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...51&postcount=5
Old 26-02-2020, 20:04   #4
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Its all been sorted now, spoke to a lovely Scottish Lass in retentions and she not only sorted things for me, she bettered the deal i was previously offered so im saving an extra £9 a month.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 15:07   #5
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

I'm in the same position now but no VM phone, did the 0800 number work?
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 17:42   #6
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

Here we go again, cancelled, VM wouldn't come down, the usual "There's nothing more we can do" so ended. Used the 0800 952 2277 free using mobile.
(PS I got Scottish sounding woman, couldn't understand what she said and I'm still unclear when my service ends).

Last edited by JPAC; 04-03-2020 at 18:51.
Old 05-03-2020, 14:13   #7
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAC View Post
(PS I got Scottish sounding woman, couldn't understand what she said and I'm still unclear when my service ends).
Typical Virgin Offshoring jobs now to Scotland!!

Bring back the Indian Call Centres !!
007stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 14:27   #8
JPAC
cf.addict

The guy at the telecom company I'm switching to had a very strong Indian accent, but it was OK as he said his name was "Alan".
Old 05-03-2020, 14:46   #9
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007stuart View Post
Typical Virgin Offshoring jobs now to Scotland!!

Bring back the Indian Call Centres !!

I find that the Indian accents were very difficult to under stand
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 14:57   #10
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
I find that the Indian accents were very difficult to under stand
Indeed its far easier to understand a Scottish accent on the phone IMO.
Old 06-03-2020, 18:56   #11
JPAC
cf.addict

Do VM ring back now with a better offer or is that a thing of the past?
Old 01-04-2020, 09:44   #12
JPAC
cf.addict

To answer my own question; the outbound retentions dept has been 'disbanded', so no decent offers now. My advice, abandon VM, go with a better company.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:43   #13
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAC View Post
To answer my own question; the outbound retentions dept has been 'disbanded', so no decent offers now. My advice, abandon VM, go with a better company.
Is this permanent or temporary due to the coronavirus?

I agree; VM is now atrocious. Their reviews have divebombed:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:59   #14
JPAC
cf.addict

Not sure but the CSM made it very clear that they weren't going give me a good deal. Complicated end of service billing, sent me another bill even though I 'quit' a month ago. Got through in only a few minutes though on 0800 952 2277. They're going to send me a box to return equipment, we'll sell how that goes. Been an interesting ~30 years, from 600kbs to 100Mbps.
Old 01-04-2020, 13:05   #15
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Is this permanent or temporary due to the coronavirus?

I agree; VM is now atrocious. Their reviews have divebombed:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com
To be perfectly honest Richard the reviews of many companies on Trustpilot have dive-bombed in these last couple of weeks as there are a whole plethora of companies out there who have been facing the ire of angry customers.

Also remember as like this forum it is sometimes not representative of the views of the whole populace.