Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freesat set-up: an introduction, with photos!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freesat set-up: an introduction, with photos!

Old 08-09-2008, 11:05   #16
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
Re: Freesat set-up: an introduction, with photos!

...and Grundig, and Ministry of Sound, and Roadstar, and Carl Lewis Fitness, and...

http://www.albaplc.com/html/Products.htm
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-09-2011, 17:06   #17
wdfortyplus
Inactive

wdfortyplus is an unknown quantity at this point

well done Chris! lets people see what to expect when they go through installation. As for a first time user, you never know what is right or standard! And for anyone out there that is a technophobe then pics help more than words!!!!!!

So well done to you for simplifying the process for others!
wdfortyplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 17:20   #18
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

You're welcome.

That little Goodmans box is still going strong. These days, there's a Freesat HD box down at the holiday flat and I brought the Goodmans back here for the guest bedroom 12 months ago. It has been used more extensively than we envisaged but it's still going strong.

It is a minority product though - there are now 2 million Freesat boxes and integrated TVs sold and about three quarters of them are HD.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2012, 13:54   #19
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

That Goodmans box is still steaming away happily in our guest bedroom. Four years service without a hiccup from something cheap and nasty can't be bad.

I just noticed that the photos have all vanished from the OP. This I guess is because they were all hosted on my MobileMe webspace, which vanished into the ether at the end of last month. As luck would have it, we have just decided to ditch our 8-year-old Sky box with a very funky Echostar Freesat PVR. It's such a strange-looking device, I might just do another show-and-tell as I set it up at the weekend.
Old 16-08-2012, 14:00   #20
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

I bought an EchoStar months back when I ditched Sky+HD, great box, never tried the streaming features though
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2012, 14:20   #21
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
I bought an EchoStar months back when I ditched Sky+HD, great box, never tried the streaming features though
£20 for the app will probably put me off. That and the fact that our upload speed is never going to be up to it.

Mrs T saw the photo of the thing and said, "Ooo, it looks like something off Battlestar Galactica!" That sort of reaction always makes it easier to justify a purchase.
Old 18-08-2012, 20:18   #22
Daydreamer
Inactive

Daydreamer is an unknown quantity at this point

why cant I see the pictures. All I get is a box with a red cross in it. Any ideas
Daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 20:42   #23
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
why cant I see the pictures. All I get is a box with a red cross in it. Any ideas
Read Chris' post 19. It seems the hosting webspace has disappeared.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2012, 20:46   #24
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Yep, blame Apple's decision to kill off iDisk after more than 10 years for the lack of photos in the first post of this thread.

My new Battlestar Galactica Echostar box is up and running, in single-tuner mode until I can get on the roof with some cable and make use of one of the spare terminals on my LNB. No photos of it yet, I had to do the set-up in a hurry, surrounded by bored kids on their summer holidays who wanted to play with it ASAP and find out the EPG numbers for their favourite channels