Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile systems downtime till Monday 30th March

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Mobile systems downtime till Monday 30th March

Old 03-04-2015, 10:15   #16
hansi
cf.geek

hansi is on a distinguished roadhansi is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Mobile systems downtime till Monday 30th March

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Appreciate that there may be some temporary issues, but I'm sure they will be fixed.
Well, let's hope it's this month sometime
hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2015, 06:52   #17
hansi
cf.geek

It's showing my mb allowance has dropped to 100mb left and I haven't even got Mobile data switched on because I was worried this might happen. What the hell is going on here? I'm sure if it goes over my allowance, I'll have a job convincing VM that it's wrong!
Old 04-04-2015, 07:40   #18
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I'm down to 13 MB, which seems a bit steep considering I haven't used my mobile data more than previous months and the closest I got to my limit was 102 MB left. Seems to be an almighty cock up by Virgin. Why change it when it worked fine before?
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:54   #19
hansi
cf.geek

If you look at your usage on the mobile website, you'll see that the 2nd April shows on every page of your plan and on each of those pages they have taken part of your allowance, so if they keep doing that every day, you'll be owing them! Absolutely ridiculous!
Old 04-04-2015, 10:25   #20
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

I have now used all my allowance, got to get to 16th April without using mobile data. If they try charging for mobile data usage from today then I will be making a complaint to the CEO about it.

Still cannot see any other numbers that were linked to my account, and Virgin reckon that customers are full of praise for the new site. They must be asking friends of David Blunkett because no sane person would say that the site is an improvement on the old one. Why change a site that functioned perfectly well for the majority of people?
Old 04-04-2015, 10:34   #21
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

My account is showing an older plan that I'm no longer on so I'm confused as to what the usage bars are even there for.Can't really complain though because the older plan is cheaper than the one I'm now

How to shoot yourself in the foot by VM
Old 04-04-2015, 10:38   #22
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Just sent a complaint to them through Twitter. They called me Mike when I am called Mark, so I said if they can't even get names right how can they get designing a site right?
Old 04-04-2015, 11:36   #23
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

IMO the new site is well screwed up. Its showing my 4 contracts but all of them show a much older handset than the one I actually have and the allowances on two are totally incorrect, however after calling and confirming the allowances I have are not at all what the site states.

I have a Galaxy S5 on one of the contracts but the site states I still have an S2 which was a number of years ago.

The mobile app also shows my allowances to be correct on each phone. Don't know how they managed to screw this new site up so much.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:43   #24
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Just tried to call and apparently systems are down. If it wasn't such a screw up I'd say the new site was a very elaborate April Fools joke.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:57   #25
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Yip must be down as I can't log in at all.

No error it just doesn't work.
Old 04-04-2015, 15:59   #26
hansi
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
I have now used all my allowance, got to get to 16th April without using mobile data. If they try charging for mobile data usage from today then I will be making a complaint to the CEO about it.

Still cannot see any other numbers that were linked to my account, and Virgin reckon that customers are full of praise for the new site. They must be asking friends of David Blunkett because no sane person would say that the site is an improvement on the old one. Why change a site that functioned perfectly well for the majority of people?

It makes no difference if you use your mobile daa or not. I have mine switched off and it's still decreasing daily.
Old 04-04-2015, 16:25   #27
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Hmm, looks like a complaint letter is being drafted tonight then.
Old 04-04-2015, 16:55   #28
hansi
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansi View Post
It makes no difference if you use your mobile data or not. I have mine switched off and it's still decreasing daily.
Old 07-04-2015, 18:57   #29
VMRocks
Inactive

Services: Tivo, 152mb Broadband...oh aye and their Mobile Service...
VMRocks is an unknown quantity at this point

Every time I phone to cancel one of my mobile accounts the CSA informs me their systems are down...how do they run that business...?
VMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 19:02   #30
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

They can't. It is stupid, cannot believe they ruined that site.