Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 14:10   #106
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
Been away for a while busy home improvements much been happening?.
nothing happening at moment doubt anything will till VM know outcome of talks with bt
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2013, 14:12   #107
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Three home improvement channels were on for a while but they quickly closed. Nobody was watching them apparently
Old 07-08-2013, 14:15   #108
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
No apart from the usual speculating merry go round and the dark side trying to break down the walls of all that is good in the world.
Old 07-08-2013, 15:31   #109
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Rumour: BT Sports Channels testing on Virgin Media???

Quote:
The ironic thing is that BT Sport 1 and 2 ARE available on cable, right now, they are known as TEST A, B, C and D (A and B are the SD versions and C and D are the HD versions)..

Their SIDs are 2c3, 2c8, eda and f3d (just in case someone thinks I'm...)

The fact the services ARE present on the stream (in both SD and HD) surely must mean you guys will get access to them very shortly...All they have to do is sign the contract and add the services to your EPG [& probably charge more].
http://www.cable.co.uk/blogs/2013/08...s-in-the-dark/

Info thanks to: Cable.co.uk/ martine93 / DS Forums.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 07-08-2013, 15:31   #110
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
During the days of NASN and the early years on ESPN America it was a great channel for all American Sports fans sadly it has gone down hill over the last year and now is no more.
Wasn't NASN/ESPN America a standalone channel for a time? I wonder why they don't offer it this way again as opposed to closing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Its very much a niche product for the few diehards.
Yes and VM appear to be taking advantage of that niche market by adding more 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
How often do people upgrade their sets. Maybe every six years? I've not been interested in 3D because my old set could not do 3D. My new Sony W9 can and it's amazing. Much better than the cinema as well. Everyone who has seen it has been impressed. I think it's more a case of the industry expected it to move alot quicker than it has but people don't have alot of money to throw around and TV's are not a priority in hard times.
You have a point there, actually a lot of people seem to buy a replacement TV for the sake of it within much shorter timescales than 6 years. There again I remember the days when people had a TV and kept it until it was no longer serviceable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
The last minute has passed. The channels have already launched.
Many see 17 August as a more important date than the actual launch date.
Old 07-08-2013, 15:38   #111
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
BT Sports Channels ARE testing on Virgin Media.

Damn I was hoping that the 4 channels testing were shopping channels
Old 07-08-2013, 15:38   #112
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:

But greedy BT Sport the station which took Sky Sports to court over access to sky sports 1 and 2 is now refusing to cut a reasonable deal with virgin media to claw someone of their money back. Not virgin medias fault they vastly and greedily paid too much to pump more money into a second rate league of untalented prima donnas
Old 07-08-2013, 15:41   #113
praxis
Inactive

praxis is on a distinguished roadpraxis is on a distinguished road

Change thread name to
Not coming soon to Virgin Tv
Old 07-08-2013, 15:44   #114
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Well the day of reckoning is moving closer with every day and lets hope Virgin heed the calling calls of quite a few of their customers.

---------- Post added at 15:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Wasn't NASN/ESPN America a standalone channel for a time? I wonder why they don't offer it this way again as opposed to closing it?

Yes and VM appear to be taking advantage of that niche market by adding more 3D

You have a point there, actually a lot of people seem to buy a replacement TV for the sake of it within much shorter timescales than 6 years. There again I remember the days when people had a TV and kept it until it was no longer serviceable.

Not if you are a Liverpool supporter as they are on there several times before that date.
Old 07-08-2013, 15:47   #115
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

Quote:

Isn't this just some randomers comments on an article? I don't see it as proof, the channels testing have no way of being identified as BT Sport
Old 07-08-2013, 15:54   #116
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
And many more couldn't give a stuff about the football season and want the channels for other sports content.

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
Isn't this just some randomers comments on an article? I don't see it as proof, the channels testing have no way of being identified as BT Sport
It's the poster formerly known as HD Boy. Make of that what you will.
Old 07-08-2013, 15:55   #117
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Rumour some weeks back on Digital Spy did say that Virgin was testing 4 channels called 'A' to 'D' but I forgot to say 'Rumour' before that headline.

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...on-virgin.html

Post has now been fixed.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 07-08-2013, 16:05   #118
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Beats me why anyone can complain about info here.

Only place you will get official info is Virgin Media.

More fool you if you take it from any other source.

As much as i like Den and his optimism, he also thinks Liverpool will win the league. that alone would make me doubt him (though not allowed to ask him to take a drug test).

Life too short to worry, if it comes, it comes (insert whatever you want for "it". )
Old 07-08-2013, 16:23   #119
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
well said
Old 07-08-2013, 16:34   #120
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Beats me why anyone can complain about info here.

Only place you will get official info is Virgin Media.

More full you if you take it from any other source.

As much as i like Den and his optimism, he also thinks Liverpool will win the league. that alone would make me doubt him (though not allowed to ask him to take a drug test).

Life too short to worry, if it comes, it comes (insert whatever you want for "it". )
Calm down dear as l am becoming very concerned by you lately.