Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 300/300 sim - is it a scam ?!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

300/300 sim - is it a scam ?!

Old 29-04-2008, 11:38   #1
jbrennand
Inactive

jbrennand is an unknown quantity at this point
300/300 sim - is it a scam ?!

Just spoken with an Orange CS rep re. getting my PAC code - planning to move to the virgin £10, 300/300 sim deal for cable customers. He was very dismissive of it - actually referring to it as a (and I quote) "scam" ! He wouldn't say why he thought that other than they were "in the know" and that there was much discussion of this on the forum boards (where !?) - and said they had lots of people coming back from VM. I pushed him a bit and said I knew about canning the rollover and then he blurted - "yeah but they get you for £10 for a couple of months and then they will up it £40".

So i am assuming this is just the usual Orange CS droid talk (albeit I have never heard them go that far before) and there is nothing "substantial" to this hypothesis of his ?

Comments anyone

Cheer, JB
jbrennand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-04-2008, 11:51   #2
Stig
Inactive

Services: 20m BB
Stig will become famous soon enoughStig will become famous soon enoughStig will become famous soon enough
Re: 300/300 sim - is it a scam ?!

Yep.... Orange CS droid talk... There is no saying it won't change in the future but that goes with most things. It's certainly not a scam as you get what they offer you.
Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 11:54   #3
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrennand View Post
Just spoken with an Orange CS rep re. getting my PAC code - planning to move to the virgin £10, 300/300 sim deal for cable customers. He was very dismissive of it - actually referring to it as a (and I quote) "scam" ! He wouldn't say why he thought that other than they were "in the know" and that there was much discussion of this on the forum boards (where !?) - and said they had lots of people coming back from VM. I pushed him a bit and said I knew about canning the rollover and then he blurted - "yeah but they get you for £10 for a couple of months and then they will up it £40".

So i am assuming this is just the usual Orange CS droid talk (albeit I have never heard them go that far before) and there is nothing "substantial" to this hypothesis of his ?

Comments anyone

Cheer, JB
the orange rep is full of crap,the virgin deal of 300 / 300 is the best deal out there and it dosent jump to £40,i have been with them for years and they win awards year in and out also i have always found their cs to be top notch.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 11:55   #4
bmxbandit
Inactive

bmxbandit has reached the bronze age
bmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze agebmxbandit has reached the bronze age

Isn't it a monthly contract... so what if they do up it to £40? You can leave immediately!

Not that that's likely. Salesperson in talking utter BS shocker
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 12:54   #5
coyle04
cf.member

coyle04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Theres no way the Virgin 300/300 tariff is a scam. I have been on this deal for over a year now and its the best deal on the market.

Alot of people I know have changed networks in order to get this deal so I imagine the other networks are a bit pi*sed off about it.

I left Vodafone pay as you talk to go to Virgin and when I told them it was to go on to the 300/300 tariff they said it was impossible for them to match it, and thats coming from one of the biggest mobile operators.
coyle04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 12:57   #6
chickendippers
Inactive

Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M. Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
chickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of lightchickendippers is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to chickendippers

The retentions department will tell you anything, I'm glad I left Orange over a year ago.

For example I switched my gas supplier to one without a standing order (their main selling point) yet the npower retentions woman still had the nerve to tell me that my new supplier did impose a standing charge.

Suffice it to say I swiftly corrected that gap in her knowledge.
chickendippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 13:24   #7
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

No it isn't a Scam but if you want to do the 300/300 for £10 get it before the 12 May, otherwise if you sign up after it is 200/200.

Anyone on the 300/300 stays on it
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 13:54   #8
jbrennand
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No it isn't a Scam but if you want to do the 300/300 for £10 get it before the 12 May, otherwise if you sign up after it is 200/200.

Where did you see that ? Interested as I will probably do it around then.

JB
Old 29-04-2008, 14:55   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I don't think is on any of Virgin's pages, but it has been briefed to staff.

There are going to be new cable only offers from 12 May which is why it is changing
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 18:07   #10
latecomer
Inactive

latecomer is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the 300/300 offer still available. I am going to phone Orange tonight and see if they will do something similar or I'm off to sign up. Just thought I'd check to see the Virgin off was still available and cant find it at virginmedia.com?

Edit: found it but its definitely not that obvious compared to last time I checked.
latecomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 00:54   #11
jbrennand
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post

Now showing on their website as - available until May 11th.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/

Couldn't find confirmation that you stay on it after that date if you sign up before - but will call tomorrow to check and get the deal.

JB
Old 01-05-2008, 01:29   #12
Angry@VMedia
Permanently Banned

Angry@VMedia can only hope to improve

Id much rather stick with my O2Online sim, never had any problems with them, even when it was BT Cellnet[apart from when they stopped the unlimited free texts but thts is beside the point] I topup £15 a month, this gives me 500 free text messages, 1MB of browsing,plus I get extras such as free minutes to landlines & mobiles a month, maybe it is because I dont use my mobile 24/7 but I would not change from o2 for all the sweets in the world or all the tea in china
Angry@VMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:31   #13
Chorlton
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, L BB and phone. Virgin mobile
Chorlton is a jewel in the roughChorlton is a jewel in the roughChorlton is a jewel in the roughChorlton is a jewel in the roughChorlton is a jewel in the rough

I've had the 300/300 for a couple of years now and it's stayed at £10 for all that time. The only downside as far as I am concerned is that the reception on T-mobile where I live is very poor, apart from that I've no complaints.
Chorlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:11   #14
the-cable-guy
Permanently Banned

Services: Sky+ HD All Entertainment Packs, VM M TV, BT Unlimited Anytime, VM Talk Weekend Phone, VM XXL BB
the-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the roughthe-cable-guy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrennand View Post

Comments anyone

Cheer, JB
Orange dont want you to leave them so their making sh*t up.
the-cable-guy is offline   Reply With Quote