Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2019/2020 Football

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Season 2019/2020 Football

Old 02-01-2020, 12:14   #451
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Season 2019/2020 Football

Despite my previous post, changing the offside rule won't make a Difference. Someone rightfully pointed out they'll still try and measure feet. The answer thankfully lies within the IFA guidance and I'm sure FIFA's intervention inevitably. That guidance is quoted above. So long as they enforce it we'll be OK. The system works when used correctly. See the Mahrez offside. No lines drawn, he was visibly offside to anyone that seen it. It was clear and obvious.

The second clarification we desperately need is the onfield referee must go over to the monitor as does a ref in any other league.

Lastly. I'm nearly joining the conspiracy that this is a total smear campaign from both a league and refereeing association that were verbally against VAR. Very literally using it in the exact way nobody suggested it be used.
Old 02-01-2020, 17:48   #452
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Lastly. I'm nearly joining the conspiracy that this is a total smear campaign from both a league and refereeing association that were verbally against VAR. Very literally using it in the exact way nobody suggested it be used.
You could be on to something there, it would explain some of the more 'bizarre' decisions made
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 21:55   #453
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Three more points on a very long and winding road.
Old 04-01-2020, 14:13   #454
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Well deserved equaliser for The Dale, much better side than Toon in second half.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 14:58   #455
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Well deserved equaliser for The Dale, much better side than Toon in second half.
A nice lucrative replay for them.
Old 04-01-2020, 16:12   #456
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Should have been in the next round, golden chance missed near the end.
Old 04-01-2020, 16:15   #457
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Should have been in the next round, golden chance missed near the end.
Now that would have been something for adzii to swallow.
Old 04-01-2020, 19:25   #458
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Good grief, I will have to watch another 90 minutes of that at OT now.
Old 04-01-2020, 19:39   #459
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Good grief, I will have to watch another 90 minutes of that at OT now.
You have made my day punk..
Old 06-01-2020, 22:30   #460
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Now that would have been something for adzii to swallow.
Kinda get used to it. It's embarrassing. Not that we couldn't beat Rochdale but because it's the FA cup and once again we're already looking for a way out. Only Steve Bruce could snatch a draw from a game they clearly wanted to lose. At the very least we've given them a replay and a bit more money. Steve Bruce is embarrassing but we've consistently done this even under Benitez. We see the FA cup as a detriment.

I bet the lower league lads loved getting a battering off Man City in a star studded game. Much preferable to playing the lumbering Joelinton.
Old 07-01-2020, 20:31   #461
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Only one set of supporters singing about the "pride of Manchester" tonight as its men against novices from where l am looking..
Old 07-01-2020, 21:02   #462
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Guess they're having 6 again.

Different level.
Quote:
Manchester United have conceded three first half goals in a match at Old Trafford for the first time since May 1997 against Middlesbrough. Overwhelmed.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 07-01-2020 at 21:08.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 21:10   #463
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Guess they're having 6 again.

Different level.
And the second leg to come for those United fans prone to pessimism.
Old 07-01-2020, 22:24   #464
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Actually said to the missus as I left for the match I had a bad feeling about tonight. Too many players injured or knackered. When I saw Jones and Lingard starting it confirmed my worst fears.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:15   #465
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Actually said to the missus as I left for the match I had a bad feeling about tonight. Too many players injured or knackered. When I saw Jones and Lingard starting it confirmed my worst fears.
Jones has never done it for me Jim in a United shirt as United need to find a Dolly and Daisy partnership again and Lingaard seems to have gone backyards from his original promise in my view.