Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Legend of Zelda - a retrospective

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Legend of Zelda - a retrospective

Old 09-01-2007, 20:30   #1
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Legend of Zelda - a retrospective

For anyone who isn't familiar with Zelda, here's a great video I just stumbled upon...

Legend of Zelda Retrospective by Gametrailers.com

It covers everything from the original Legend of Zelda right up to the current day. It's really well done.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2007, 21:53   #2
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Legend of Zelda - a retrospective

Excellent games indeed

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 21:59   #3
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Nice find
Old 09-01-2007, 22:27   #4
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

"The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" for the Nintendo 64 is still one of my favourite games of all time.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:25   #5
NEONKNIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
"The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" for the Nintendo 64 is still one of my favourite games of all time.
Same here!
Old 10-01-2007, 16:21   #6
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
For anyone who isn't familiar with Zelda, here's a great video I just stumbled upon...

Legend of Zelda Retrospective by Gametrailers.com

It covers everything from the original Legend of Zelda right up to the current day. It's really well done.
Nice find

Does anyone know where the current zelda, twighlight princess, fits in? I haven't had a chance to play it and find out, would be intersting to see if that timeline is correct.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 22:39   #7
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEONKNIGHT View Post
Same here!

I spent many many hours playing that game. Lots of nights of "oh crap, it's 4am - better go to bed" (especially bad when I had a 9am lecture the next day!).

Bloody brilliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
Nice find

Does anyone know where the current zelda, twighlight princess, fits in? I haven't had a chance to play it and find out, would be intersting to see if that timeline is correct.

"decades after Ocarina of time" apparently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Leg...%29#Chronology
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 23:48   #8
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Great! Now I need to go back and play all of the Zeldas :p
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 22:21   #9
Skatoony
Inactive

Services: Sky Digital & Sky BB
Skatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation eraSkatoony has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via ICQ to Skatoony Send a message via MSN to Skatoony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Agreed!
Skatoony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 13:41   #10
Kellargh
Inactive

Services: BT internet, TalkTalk telephone, Sky HD.
Kellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really nice

My favourite has to be LOZ: A Link to the Past (snes). What a classic!
Kellargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 15:27   #11
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellargh View Post
My favourite has to be LOZ: A Link to the Past (snes). What a classic!

Mine too. Very Very awesome! Its out on the Wii Virtual Console in America
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 10:27   #12
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Wind Waker was fun to play.
What I like is all the mini things you can do in Zelda.
I was having a go at Zelda on my friends Wii and there is a mini game where you have to chase reindeer into their house and then have them go mad if you go on at them too much. Lot's of fun.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote