Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Do I need a PS3?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Do I need a PS3?

Old 21-08-2011, 17:01   #16
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Do I need a PS3?

I had the same problem with this.. It tends to come down to the console Exclusives for me.

I love the Xbox because everything online is just done so much better in my opinion but.. I really wanted to play The Getaway 3. I then sold my PS3 when I found out it was cancelled as I feel the best exclusives belong to Xbox.

Gears of War and Halo alone are in a league above the likes of Uncharted and Heavy Rain.
Old 21-08-2011, 18:51   #17
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Gears of War and Halo alone are in a league above the likes of Uncharted and Heavy Rain.
Yes but they're both shooters. Uncharted is an adventure game, LittleBigPlanet is a platformer, Heavy Rain is a life simulator...

PS3 is better for variety of exclusives but I'd still agree that the 360 is the better console overall and the £40 a year pays for itself over and over.
Old 22-08-2011, 20:16   #18
roughie
cf.member

roughie is an unknown quantity at this point

The original question has been only about PS3 so it doesn't really matter which console is better or has better exclusive. But at the same time PS3 exclusives are one of the few points that could convince a man having 360 to buy also PS3.
Old 27-08-2011, 10:43   #19
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
In terms of exclusive games the ps3 is way ahead of the xbox
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 16:49   #20
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Hmm. Despite having had a 360 long before i also bought a PS3, I'd have to agree with that.

The 360 has had some excellent exclusives (e.g. Gears, Halo, Fable), but I think the PS3 has overtaken it regarding exclusives.

As for the comment about Gears & Halo being in a league above Uncharted... totally different games... However if they had to be compared, I'd say that Uncharted stomped all over Gears, as it looks better and has a far better story, characters, and script, even though one is a shooter & the other is an action-adventure.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 15:07   #21
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The trouble with the PS3 is its not backwards compataible and thats was a big weakness when it came to buying a console for a member of the family who had plenty of PS1 and PS2 games which he could not play on a PS3.
What are you on about, i have the first PS3 which i brought the day it came out, and it plays all ps1 and ps2 games so i'd call that backwards compatable
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 15:11   #22
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Irrelevant to the OP. You have a launch model. The PS3 has not been backwards compatible for nearly four years now. Unless the OP or anyone else considering buying a PS3 now wanted to buy an extremely old second hand model, the only option is one which is not backwards compatible.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 18:46   #23
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

The xbox 360 is like hanging out the back end of some fat bird. The PS3 is like Rhinana riding you.
Old 29-08-2011, 20:54   #24
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
The xbox 360 is like hanging out the back end of some fat bird. The PS3 is like Rhinana riding you.
Rhinana? Is that a cross between a Rhino & a banana?
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 11:35   #25
borrissey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
The xbox 360 is like hanging out the back end of some fat bird. The PS3 is like Rihanna riding you.
Old 31-08-2011, 06:54   #26
Central

Services: Sky + HD family pack 50mb XXL Phone M Sutton Coldfield TX
Central is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of societyCentral is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Irrelevant to the OP. You have a launch model. The PS3 has not been backwards compatible for nearly four years now. Unless the OP or anyone else considering buying a PS3 now wanted to buy an extremely old second hand model, the only option is one which is not backwards compatible.
Backwards does not bother me anyway. I have a PS2 which is fully backwards compatible with PS1.

Hmm the exclusives dont really sway it for me except for maybe Heavy Rain
Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2011, 07:09   #27
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger skillin View Post
What are you on about, i have the first PS3 which i brought the day it came out, and it plays all ps1 and ps2 games so i'd call that backwards compatable
Look l can assure you my PS3 is not backwards compatable and thats a big weakness in my mind.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2011, 08:39   #28
Fitze73
Inactive

Services: 2 X Sky+HD 1x LG blu ray home cinema, PS3, XBox360,W
Fitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Look l can assure you my PS3 is not backwards compatable and thats a big weakness in my mind.
it aint a big deal really is it , my ps2 is sat on the shelf below my ps3 and xbox 360 , its just the matter of flicking a couple of buttons on the remote to play it, i appreciate its nice to have all your games compatible with the ps3 so they look that bit better upscaled into HD with smoothing lol , like roger said if you really want backwards compatiblity TRY and get hold of a launch ps3 these are so RARE and probably cost £££££, so ask yourself is it really worth it
Fitze73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2011, 10:07   #29
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitze73 View Post
it aint a big deal really is it , my ps2 is sat on the shelf below my ps3 and xbox 360 , its just the matter of flicking a couple of buttons on the remote to play it, i appreciate its nice to have all your games compatible with the ps3 so they look that bit better upscaled into HD with smoothing lol , like roger said if you really want backwards compatiblity TRY and get hold of a launch ps3 these are so RARE and probably cost £££££, so ask yourself is it really worth it
No its not worth it and thats why l also have a PC for gaming as well.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2011, 12:19   #30
Fitze73
Inactive

Services: 2 X Sky+HD 1x LG blu ray home cinema, PS3, XBox360,W
Fitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about them

me too i see your from plymouth not far from me i moved down to st austell from the midlands end of june
Fitze73 is offline   Reply With Quote