Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | IP, ICMP, UDP, TCP, (and Pings and Tracerts)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Unrestricted mp3 sites

Old 03-11-2006, 20:25   #1
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Unrestricted mp3 sites

Does anyone know of any unrestricted mp3 download sites? I don't want to be told I can only play my music on my Ipod (a la itunes), I don't want to be told I can't make a copy of what I've bought and I don't want to pay a monthly subscription. I don't mind paying for music but without the restrictions.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2006, 20:34   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Unrestricted mp3 sites

http://www.allofmp3.com/ might be unrestricted and VERY cheap. I think the site is currently legal too.
Old 03-11-2006, 20:39   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
http://www.allofmp3.com/ might be unrestricted and VERY cheap. I think the site is currently legal too.
Don't be so sure about that http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33602360
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 20:45   #4
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Well the music industry don't seem o have managed to close it down for being illegal so they've got the credit card companies to stop processing payments.

It's my ball and I'm taking it home.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 20:45   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob C View Post
Thanks for the info.
Old 03-11-2006, 21:01   #6
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Yeah I thought of allofmp3.com but my card is going to be declined with them

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 21:12   #7
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

You could buy the CD - just think it also means you have a backup in case your hard disk crashes or your MP3 player is stolen too.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 21:30   #8
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHarman View Post
You could buy the CD - just think it also means you have a backup in case your hard disk crashes or your MP3 player is stolen too.
Because there are very few albums (and they achieve classic status) on which all the tracks are worth having...

And CD singles are a rip off...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 13:52   #9
Robster
Inactive

Services: VM TV:M Internet:M Phone:M
Robster is a glorious beacon of lightRobster is a glorious beacon of lightRobster is a glorious beacon of lightRobster is a glorious beacon of lightRobster is a glorious beacon of lightRobster is a glorious beacon of lightRobster is a glorious beacon of light

There is Emusic. Their downloads are plain mp3 but its a subscription service. Not exactly what you were looking for but probably worth a look.

EDIT: You could also try Bleep.com
Robster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 15:07   #10
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

HHHmmm although I'm not suggesting this is an ideal thing to do (as you DO loose a bit of quality)... But itunes (and presumably most/some other paid for ones) will let you burn your purchases to CD. At which point you could re-rip then into non protected mp3.

Anyway I thought it was worth mentioning as I burn a copy off onto cd of everything I buy from itunes, just in case.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 15:19   #11
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I'm assuming you're only interested in legal solutions to your problem, which is why you're not looking for your favourite music rips on BitTorrent or some similar p2p warez network?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 15:23   #12
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T View Post
I'm assuming you're only interested in legal solutions to your problem, which is why you're not looking for your favourite music rips on BitTorrent or some similar p2p warez network?
Come now - even if he WAS interested in obtaining music that way it would be illegal and as such not suitable for discussion here anyway
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 15:38   #13
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

News from a couple of weeks ago: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6083110.stm

Quote:
The code that prevents music downloaded from Apple's iTunes store being played on any portable player other than an iPod has been "cracked".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QTFairUse
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 15:55   #14
hatedbythemail
Permanently Banned

hatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appeal
hatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appealhatedbythemail has a bronzed appeal

if you wanted to try emusic for nowt:

http://www.emusic.com/promo/new25free/index.html
hatedbythemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 16:11   #15
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

You could always download the iTunes-infected music, burn it to a re-writeable CD, and then rip it. Jobs can't stop you doing that (well, maybe in the next iTunes update).
punky is offline   Reply With Quote