Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wii longevity

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wii longevity

Old 27-03-2007, 13:30   #16
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Wii longevity

Which is good news for me, as I've not played it on anything else

Think I heard similar stories for SSX Blur... it's good but die-hard SSX fans might not find it as good a game as those who don't already own every other game in the SSX series. Again, as I've not played SSX on another console, I'm looking forward to this one too.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-03-2007, 20:46   #17
paul nolan
cf.addict

paul nolan is on a distinguished roadpaul nolan is on a distinguished road

It's a great party machine. Mates round couple of beers and it's pure fun.

on your own it gets a bit dull.

hopefully Dewy's Adventure, Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy etc will help brak the monotony
paul nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2007, 22:29   #18
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Cheers for the comments, guys

Hmm.

I'd say "I may wait a while 'till more games come out", however, I think I'd probably end up waiting 'till then anyway due to the current stock drought [Game, Gameplay, Gamestation, HMV, Amazon, Argos, etc. etc.....no Wiis in stock online (loads of PS3s in stock though). Not seen any in any high street shops either].

The VC does sound great. I think if the Wii didn't have that, & the only thing to really play was Wii Sports, I wouldn't even consider it, not for one collection of minigames. But with the VC too...sounds like retro heaven...

I just hope Mario etc. come out soon, & are worth the wait.

I don't want to get one & then find it sits gathering dust like my Gamecube did [bought that before I bought my first Xbox...played Mario Sunshine a fair bit, 'till I played Halo etc., played Mario Kart a little, never got round to playing Wind Waker, didn't like Metroid Prime, & then eventually dumped it, after a long period of no use, & after getting bored of dusting it each week].
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2007, 22:36   #19
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Heatseeker looks to be good... another one to add to the list
Old 28-03-2007, 11:19   #20
Kellargh
Inactive

Services: BT internet, TalkTalk telephone, Sky HD.
Kellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really niceKellargh is just really nice

Super Mario Galaxy! Bring it on
Kellargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 11:24   #21
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

SSX Blur looks awesome, buying that friday
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 18:00   #22
skyblueheroes
Inactive

Services: Sky+ & Pipex 8mb ADSL
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to skyblueheroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Cheers for the comments, guys

Hmm.

I'd say "I may wait a while 'till more games come out", however, I think I'd probably end up waiting 'till then anyway due to the current stock drought [Game, Gameplay, Gamestation, HMV, Amazon, Argos, etc. etc.....no Wiis in stock online (loads of PS3s in stock though). Not seen any in any high street shops either].

The VC does sound great. I think if the Wii didn't have that, & the only thing to really play was Wii Sports, I wouldn't even consider it, not for one collection of minigames. But with the VC too...sounds like retro heaven...

I just hope Mario etc. come out soon, & are worth the wait.

I don't want to get one & then find it sits gathering dust like my Gamecube did [bought that before I bought my first Xbox...played Mario Sunshine a fair bit, 'till I played Halo etc., played Mario Kart a little, never got round to playing Wind Waker, didn't like Metroid Prime, & then eventually dumped it, after a long period of no use, & after getting bored of dusting it each week].
I agree. I have a Wii but only have Sports. Nothing else has tempted me. I think the games will ramp up slowly but I just hope its fast enough to still be able to compete with the 360 and PS3.

People will soon lose hope and bugger off to MS to Sony land

Tiger Woods is going to be my next purchase I think.
skyblueheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007, 08:55   #23
cuggle
Inactive

Services: Virginmedia VIP package
cuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of lightcuggle is a glorious beacon of light

Our wii has been on almost constantly when visitors are here, wii sports is fun and kororinpa has had everyone fighting to have a go. Wii play is ok, Red steel, sonic and the magic rings, COD3, and zelda have less airings lol. All things considered it`s been a good purchase
cuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007, 21:43   #24
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Decided I will definitely get one. Sports & VC will make do 'till there's more, like Mario etc.

No one has any stock though!

I keep checking www.wiipreorder.co.uk & www.wii-consoles.co.uk/default.asp#wii_consoles but always miss the ones which (briefly) appear in stock
Old 29-03-2007, 21:53   #25
awibble
Inactive

Services: FreeView FreeSat SKY+ (6 Mix) BT Phone (comming soon) V+ XL - TV XL - PHONE XL - BB SKY-MOV
awibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant future

I know you've made your decision matt, but if i may stick my nose in..

The Wii for me is a different type of console, xmas day there was me (early 20s), my yonger brother(early 10's), My mum (40's) and my grandad (70's) All enjoying a good few games. Because the controls are so simple anyone can play. I mean take my grandad, hes scared of the Digibox yet give him a conroller and show him golf and he loved it... Hes considering buying one for himself!!! Now i dont know of any consoles that have every attracted such a wide audience, which is where the Wii is winning, you dont have to think what x or o does, lets face it, you hold it like a golf club, and swing it like a golf club.... What would be more simple?

Granted there will be more games, but i think the Wii is more of a social console.... really you must buy more controllers, as whenever you have people over (no matter their age) its a perfect thing to do.
awibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 01:07   #26
Logan
Inactive

Services: Sky+ NTL 10mb
Logan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Logan

If anyone asked me 'which console should I buy' I would have to say 360 without batting an eyelid. Right now, the 360 is in its prime. I'm so glad I waited a year before geting one though. I picked mine up in February and already I've bought near enough a dozen games. There is so much quality games out now and coming over the next 12 months, its hard to see how the PS3 will climb the mountain and catch up.

I love my Wii, but right now, there is just nothing out for it. Its gathering dust in the shadow of the 360.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 01:42   #27
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Different kettle of fish, though, mate.

At Xmas, we took our Wii over to my sister's place where we were all celebrating, eating, drinking, etc... She had a 360 that she'd just bought but nobody was interested in that - everyone wanted to play the Wii instead. It's a much more sociable console than the 360.

Admittedly, the 360 has vastly better graphics, a much better catalogue of games, XBox Live, etc... but when it comes down to it, these are only more important when you're playing alone. It's no fun for other people to sit and watch someone play Gears of War, but if you've got people over, then watching them do the boxing or play tennis in Wii Sports, or do cow tossing in Rayman, etc... is a much better experience, imo.

In an ideal world, the 360 (or PS3) and a Wii is a perfect combination as you cover both bases
Old 30-03-2007, 01:45   #28
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

@ awibble -

If/when I manage to get one, I'm definitely gonna get another nunchuk & wiimote, maybe more. I also aim to try & get my fiancée to play games, lol. I've only ever managed to get her to play the 360 once, briefly, & that's just 'cos being a martial artist she was curious one time when I was playing DOA4 lol.

@ logan -

Already have a 360, & wouldn't be without it* , but want something more, & the Wii seems to offer that "something different" to your normal 360/PS3. I was disappointed by the Cube, but I've always liked Nintendo.

*[Well, apart from at the moment, while MS are "fixing" it ]

---------- Post added at 01:45 ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
In an ideal world, the 360 (or PS3) and a Wii is a perfect combination as you cover both bases

That's how I'm seeing it
Old 30-03-2007, 06:32   #29
Maroon
Inactive

Maroon is an unknown quantity at this point

This site is good and fair for wii reviews:
http://www.eurogamer.net/archive.php...=reversechrono

Excite truck is great fun.

And if you want another wiimote go for wii play - my 3 year old loves the 'find mii' game!
Maroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2007, 08:08   #30
awibble
Inactive

Services: FreeView FreeSat SKY+ (6 Mix) BT Phone (comming soon) V+ XL - TV XL - PHONE XL - BB SKY-MOV
awibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
@ awibble -

If/when I manage to get one, I'm definitely gonna get another nunchuk & wiimote, maybe more. I also aim to try & get my fiancée to play games, lol. I've only ever managed to get her to play the 360 once, briefly, & that's just 'cos being a martial artist she was curious one time when I was playing DOA4 lol.
Lol... The only thing mine with play is Wii Sports, but she does play it!

FYI.... you might not need the second nunchuk... Ive only got one and 4 controllers, and its only boxing that i miss it for.
awibble is offline   Reply With Quote