Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Good Gamecube Games for my Wii?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Good Gamecube Games for my Wii?

Old 21-01-2007, 12:58   #16
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Good Gamecube Games for my Wii?

Yeah, you can tell it's not the original artists but it's not too much of a distraction as I'm usually concentrating so hard on which bongo to hit that I don't notice

Found a place online that sells the bongos for a tenner, so gonna grab another one so we can do multiplayer. Gonna have to get the 2nd one now too cause the songs on that look great too

Can't believe I'd missed out on this game for so long
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-01-2007, 00:36   #17
pooper
Inactive

Services: VM 20Mb
pooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of light

Heh multiplayer is such a laugh

Especially when it gets to the end of the tune, and you (usually) have a big drum roll to decide the rock-paper-scissors game LOL
pooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007, 10:03   #18
smicer07
Inactive

smicer07 has reached the bronze age
smicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via AIM to smicer07 Send a message via MSN to smicer07 Send a message via Yahoo to smicer07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
Yeah, you can tell it's not the original artists but it's not too much of a distraction as I'm usually concentrating so hard on which bongo to hit that I don't notice

Found a place online that sells the bongos for a tenner, so gonna grab another one so we can do multiplayer. Gonna have to get the 2nd one now too cause the songs on that look great too

Can you PM me where you got the bongos from please mate? Ta.
smicer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007, 11:46   #19
Gareth
cf.mega poster

It's here but I was too late and they've sold out

http://www.consoleplus.co.uk/product...roducts_id=750
Old 22-01-2007, 14:03   #20
smicer07
Inactive

smicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via AIM to smicer07 Send a message via MSN to smicer07 Send a message via Yahoo to smicer07

No problem- went to Gamestation this morning, and bought Donkey Konga with bongos for 16.99, plus a second set of bongos for 1.99! Bargain!
Old 22-01-2007, 16:48   #21
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gonna have to visit my Gamestation again and again till they get more in... if you see any in yours, grab them for me and I'll pay you back plus shipping costs

Have you played it yet?
Old 22-01-2007, 17:02   #22
smicer07
Inactive

Nah not had chance yet mate. I'll keep an eye out for more bongos, I just went there on the off chance and they had them on the shelf for 1.99!
Old 22-01-2007, 19:04   #23
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
Are there any other Gamecube games that you have played on the Wii that you would recommend? I had a look in Game today but there wasn't much choice, i wanted to get Mario Kart but they didn't have it. I might go into Gamestation sometime this week to see if they have Donkey Konga seeing that your saying it's so good.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2007, 19:53   #24
Gareth
cf.mega poster

I had a blast of Super Monkey Ball 2... it was fun but think it's more for younger kids.

Also played Mario Sunshine... typical Mario game, very good if you like that sort of thing (which I do ). Also played Mario Smash Tennis, it was OK but I'd rather wait for a Wii-specific tennis game.

Lastly, had a go too at a Fifa Street Soccer game which I didn't get on with. I love Pro Evo on the XBox and it's just nowhere near as good. It's played on a much smaller pitch, with only 3 players per team, and I just didn't feel that it was responsive... it felt more like luck whenever I scored, rather than intentional.
Old 22-01-2007, 20:46   #25
smicer07
Inactive

Yeah you can't beat PES, nothing comes close. Monkey Ball is good fun. Can't wait for the Wii games to go online.
Old 22-01-2007, 21:09   #26
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Okay, i think i might just try and get Mario Kart which i loved on the N64 and i'll try and get Donkey Konga also.

Do you need the old style controllers to play the gamecube games or are the Wii remotes okay to use?
Old 22-01-2007, 21:20   #27
smicer07
Inactive

You need the old style controller mate.
Old 22-01-2007, 21:28   #28
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by smicer07 View Post
You need the old style controller mate.
That means i'm gonna have to spend even more money
Old 22-01-2007, 22:01   #29
smicer07
Inactive

Get a cheapo one
Old 22-01-2007, 22:07   #30
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by smicer07 View Post
Get a cheapo one
True, i'll have to try and get two though for Mario Kart to recreate those N64 days