Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wii Virtual Console Games

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wii Virtual Console Games

Old 09-01-2007, 15:28   #16
D_Skids
Inactive

D_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant future
Re: Wii Virtual Console Games

If you have a look around Game stores etc you can pick up very good Gamecube Games cheap. Like Mario Kart - Double Dash and Star Wars.
I love Star Wars - Rebel Strike. It had really realistic graphics considering the platform it was on.

I have still got a Gamecube but I will give it to my sisters kids when I get a Wii (Although I will keep the better games)

Is PilotWings going to come out as a VC game? I used to like that on the N64
D_Skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2007, 16:40   #17
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Skids View Post
If you have a look around Game stores etc you can pick up very good Gamecube Games cheap. Like Mario Kart - Double Dash and Star Wars.
I love Star Wars - Rebel Strike. It had really realistic graphics considering the platform it was on.

I have still got a Gamecube but I will give it to my sisters kids when I get a Wii (Although I will keep the better games)

Is PilotWings going to come out as a VC game? I used to like that on the N64
Not sure about PilotWings on the VC, as Nintendo are releasing an updated Wii version of it, where you use the Wiimote to control the plane.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 16:52   #18
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Snowboard Kids please Mr.Nintendo sir
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 18:28   #19
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

I cannot wait for Mario Kart 64
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 02:47   #20
enjoymarcus
Inactive

enjoymarcus will become famous soon enoughenjoymarcus will become famous soon enoughenjoymarcus will become famous soon enough

I'm finding that the VC is just as good as the Wii - I just wish I had enough hours in the day to play all these games!
enjoymarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 20:04   #21
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

I cant wait for ocarina of time to come out for the wii, and hopefully a link to the past too.

will try others, but these are my faves.

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 10:58   #22
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Super Probotector and Street Fighter II are supposed to be available today... stuck at work so can't check till later tonight.
Old 19-01-2007, 12:08   #23
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
Super Probotector and Street Fighter II are supposed to be available today... stuck at work so can't check till later tonight.
Yep, ive just checked and they are both available to download for 800 points each.
Old 23-01-2007, 21:45   #24
pooper
Inactive

Services: VM 20Mb
pooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
I cannot wait for Mario Kart 64
Next week apparently!
pooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 23:25   #25
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper View Post
Cool - plus the News channel going live this week too! Hopefully they'll release it shortly over here too.
Old 24-01-2007, 19:33   #26
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

see the scratch card type things in games, it gives you stars at nintendo-europe is this the same as wii points?

could you use these stars to get virtual games?

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 19:41   #27
skyblueheroes
Inactive

Services: Sky+ & Pipex 8mb ADSL
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to skyblueheroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthius View Post
see the scratch card type things in games, it gives you stars at nintendo-europe is this the same as wii points?

ik
No, content from the site I think.
skyblueheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 19:44   #28
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthius View Post

ik
See here - Link

That's what you can get with the stars. You need to buy Wii points, which are £14.99 for 2000 which are different to the stars.
Old 24-01-2007, 21:11   #29
D_Skids
Inactive

D_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant future

I think Nintendo stars are a complete cop out.

Nintendo reward you for buying their products buying giving you stars and what can you get with them? Crappy wallpapers or ringtones that promote Nintendo games.

I know you can buy the odd game or better product but work out how much you have to spend to get enough stars, it is ridiculous.

I think they should let you trade them in for Wii points.

PS. The sames goes for the Game reward card!!
D_Skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 21:38   #30
Gareth
cf.mega poster

I thought they were allowing you to convert stars to Wii points... I'm sure I had an email from them saying this was gonna be happening.