Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wii Virtual Console Games

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wii Virtual Console Games

Old 03-01-2007, 15:01   #1
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Wii Virtual Console Games

Which games have people downloaded for the VC?

So far, I've only got Sonic... should I get R-Type or Bomberman on the Turbo Grafx next? I've not bought a Classic Controller, as I'm prolly gonna get a Wavebird or 2, so I am waiting on that before I get Super Mario 64.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2007, 16:08   #2
robtufts
Inactive

robtufts will become famous soon enoughrobtufts will become famous soon enoughrobtufts will become famous soon enough
Re: Wii Virtual Console Games

I've downloaded Golden Axe and Super Mario 64.

Golden axe works fine with the wiimote turned sideways like a NES pad, although I remembered the game being harder! (completed it after about 2 tries)

Super Mario 64 works fine with the gamecube controller, and is as good as it was on the N64.

Now if nintendo could stop being so stingy and cheapen the games up a bit so I could get 3 from 2000 points!
robtufts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 16:32   #3
NEONKNIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtufts View Post
I've downloaded Golden Axe and Super Mario 64.

Golden axe works fine with the wiimote turned sideways like a NES pad, although I remembered the game being harder! (completed it after about 2 tries)

Super Mario 64 works fine with the gamecube controller, and is as good as it was on the N64.

Now if nintendo could stop being so stingy and cheapen the games up a bit so I could get 3 from 2000 points!
How much is that in real money?
Old 03-01-2007, 16:40   #4
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

i saw some chap had got the games off the wii and uploaded them for others to download - but with mixed results not everyone could get it to work.
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 16:46   #5
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEONKNIGHT View Post
How much is that in real money?

2000 Wii points = £14.99
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 18:30   #6
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSAGES View Post
i saw some chap had got the games off the wii and uploaded them for others to download - but with mixed results not everyone could get it to work.
Doesn't surprise me... the games are tied to the console used to download them. Doesn't matter if you delete them, as you can re-download for free, but not sure what happens if you replace the console cause it's faulty.

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

By the way, the US have got Streetfighter 2 on SNES... anyone know if we're gonna be getting it some time soon?
Old 06-01-2007, 15:59   #7
skyblueheroes
Inactive

Services: Sky+ & Pipex 8mb ADSL
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to skyblueheroes

How many games will you get for 2000 points then ?
skyblueheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 16:02   #8
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Nintendo 64 Games = 1,000
SNES, Mega Drive = 800
NES, TurboGraphics = 500
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 16:30   #9
skyblueheroes
Inactive

Services: Sky+ & Pipex 8mb ADSL
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to skyblueheroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Nintendo 64 Games = 1,000
SNES, Mega Drive = 800
NES, TurboGraphics = 500

Mmmm, not many then !
skyblueheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 14:47   #10
pooper
Inactive

Services: VM 20Mb
pooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of light

Sod that, i'll stick to emulators :P

(errrr of course i own all the games i have ROMs of!)
pooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 18:07   #11
Slyder

Services: Superhub 2 60mb

The only reason I would buy a Wii, is if both Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are released on VC, but I really cant see that happening.
Old 07-01-2007, 19:00   #12
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

GoldenEye would be awesome.......I haven't played that in so long.

As you say though, unlikely - bit of a rights/licensing issue at the moment!
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 20:01   #13
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Yeah, Golden Eye would be great...

I'm really looking forward to Mario Kart on the SNES too - more likely to arrive before GE I'd think. Also, as previosuly said, SF will be great when it's released here.

Also, I think playing with an emulator isn't comparable to playing with a proper controller, hooked-up to a TV, just like the good old days.
Old 07-01-2007, 21:39   #14
pooper
Inactive

Services: VM 20Mb
pooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of lightpooper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
Yeah, Golden Eye would be great...

I'm really looking forward to Mario Kart on the SNES too - more likely to arrive before GE I'd think. Also, as previosuly said, SF will be great when it's released here.

Also, I think playing with an emulator isn't comparable to playing with a proper controller, hooked-up to a TV, just like the good old days.
Sure it is

If need be you could always connect your PC up to the TV and use a snes-to-usb adapter
pooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 14:47   #15
Gareth
cf.mega poster

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/e...l9xsj7zzE1wkYo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo
The Virtual Console games that will be added to the Wii Shop Channel in Q1 include 20 Nintendo titles, 7 Turbografx (PC Engine) games and 9 classic SEGA MEGA DRIVE games. New Virtual Console titles will be added throughout 2007 creating a constantly growing library of games.

Fans of Nintendo’s classic titles will be delighted by games from the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), Super Nintendo (SNES) and Nintendo 64 (N64), including Mario Kart 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Street Fighter II: World Warrior (CAPCOM), Super Probotector and the hugely popular Super Mario World.

SEGA is treating its fans with the release of a host of popular games including Streets of Rage, Bio-Hazard Battle, Bonanza Bros. and Comix Zone. Hudson will also be entertaining gamers with a selection of its best titles from Turbografx (PC Engine) including Soldier Blade, Double Dungeons and New Adventure Island.