Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wii Sports

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wii Sports

Old 26-12-2006, 18:28   #1
Downloads
Inactive

Downloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation eraDownloads has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via ICQ to Downloads Send a message via MSN to Downloads
Wii Sports

I mean i love my 360 and it's not like it's going to be replaced or anything, but damn Wii Sports is completely awsome.

I've played this with my family for 2 days straight. Every single person loved it and the Bowling which was everyone's favourite was the best i would say. Tennis, Boxing and Golf were great (Baseball isn't my thing) too.

I haven't played Zelda or Wii Play yet cos we couldn't stop playing bowling.

All i can say is bravo Nintendo, you have a winning formula. I can't wait till more refined sports games come out for it, lets say a cricket game done well would be outa this world.

Well done again.
Downloads is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-12-2006, 18:54   #2
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze age
Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age
Re: Wii Sports

My brother got one for Christmas and I'm getting quite good at the bowling. I had ago at Tennis but its like playing a proper game, its a good workout.

Apparently I have the ago of an 80 year old according to the Wii..
Old 26-12-2006, 18:55   #3
quadplay
Inactive

Services: 9am, 1pm and 8pm daily
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array
quadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze arrayquadplay has a bronze array

Seconded! My brother got one, and I've been thrashing the family at bowling!
quadplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2006, 23:13   #4
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Yeah, bowling is fantastic.

Tennis is good too, and I love the golf, just wish there were more courses (looking forward to Tiger Woods next year ).

As for baseball, anyone know why it says Foul Ball? Do you have to hit it forwards or something like that?

Boxing is a bit hit and miss (no pun intended) but other than that, it rocks - especially for a release title that's bundled free of charge.

ps - Zelda is great too... started playing it today and loving it already

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

pps - have you seen that Epyx are releasing California Games for the Wii next year too.... hacky sack should be good
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2006, 23:18   #5
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
As for baseball, anyone know why it says Foul Ball? Do you have to hit it forwards or something like that?
Yup. Although you can still hit it forward and get a foul ball. The 2 lines that come out from the home plate (that form half the dimond) form the foul lines, and any ball that goes behind that is a foul ball.

Are you going to get any FPS games? I am dying to hear what you think Far Cry etc is like. Read the magazine reviews but the reactions are a bit mixed.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2006, 23:21   #6
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Cheers, mate... that'll explain a lot then

As for FPS well, I was holding out for Far Cry, but it's been completely slated so not so sure now. So it's down to either Red Steel or CoD3, not sure which one to get. Might try and rent them before I decide which to get.
Old 26-12-2006, 23:25   #7
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Cheers, mate... that'll explain a lot then

As for FPS well, I was holding out for Far Cry, but it's been completely slated so not so sure now. So it's down to either Red Steel or CoD3, not sure which one to get. Might try and rent them before I decide which to get.
Heard mixed reviews from Red Steel too. N magazine gave a wonderful review of far Cry, but then they would I suppose.

Sorta holding out on a Wii until I can found out what FPSes are like... Although I secretly I think I want one regardless.
Old 27-12-2006, 00:12   #8
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Check out Super Mario Galaxy - especially the videos of the gameplay. If you've ever liked platform games, then this will convince you about getting a Wii

Even Marge would enjoy playing with your Wii... my missus hates gaming normally, but she's hooked on Wii Sports and is looking forward to some of the other titles coming out soon
Old 27-12-2006, 00:58   #9
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

Hmmm. I think I might be buying one of these Wees at some point I hear the wrist straps have been breaking, leading to broken TVs and windows, as the handheld wotsit goes whistling through the air Steady now - it's only a game
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2006, 02:40   #10
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

I think I'll be buying one in the next couple of months
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2006, 10:01   #11
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencreeper View Post
I hear the wrist straps have been breaking, leading to broken TVs and windows, as the handheld wotsit goes whistling through the air Steady now - it's only a game
Yeah, although to quote someone from over at overclockers...
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIRII
The wrist strap shouldn't be required, you are not supposed to let go of the controller.
Too many stupid people are being allowed to breed.
I think that sums it all up

I've been playing with it for a few days now and in the bowling and boxing I've been giving it some welly, but I can't see how people are smashing their TVs, windows, children's skulls, etc... Think they're doing insurance scams personally.
Old 27-12-2006, 12:04   #12
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

Methinks one or two geeks might be blurring the line between fantasy and reality, and when taking on something with big teeth and a slime problem, they're getting carried away...
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2006, 23:19   #13
NEONKNIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruff_rhodes View Post
I mean i love my 360 and it's not like it's going to be replaced or anything, but damn Wii Sports is completely awsome.

I've played this with my family for 2 days straight. Every single person loved it and the Bowling which was everyone's favourite was the best i would say. Tennis, Boxing and Golf were great (Baseball isn't my thing) too.

I haven't played Zelda or Wii Play yet cos we couldn't stop playing bowling.

All i can say is bravo Nintendo, you have a winning formula. I can't wait till more refined sports games come out for it, lets say a cricket game done well would be outa this world.

Well done again.
Hopefully the England Cricket Team will take up your idea
Old 29-12-2006, 09:41   #14
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEONKNIGHT View Post
Hopefully the England Cricket Team will take up your idea
then soon everyone can beat the england team

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2006, 14:24   #15
punky
Inactive

Quote:
Yeah, although to quote someone from over at overclockers...
I think that sums it all up

I've been playing with it for a few days now and in the bowling and boxing I've been giving it some welly, but I can't see how people are smashing their TVs, windows, children's skulls, etc... Think they're doing insurance scams personally.
Do you find it makes your arms tire easily mate?