Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Where can I get a Wii?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Where can I get a Wii?

Old 18-12-2006, 15:38   #1
dtweek
Inactive

dtweek is an unknown quantity at this point
Where can I get a Wii?

It's my Birthday in Jan and I really wanna buy myself a Wii, am asking for Money for my B'day to go towards it. Ideally I'd like to get one before Xmas so I can play over the holidays, but early Jan will do. Anyone know where I can get one?

Realise my odds are slim.
dtweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-12-2006, 15:42   #2
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Re: Where can I get a Wii before Jan 4th

Unfortunately, I'd say that your chances are probably zero - I seem to remember that everywhere sold out within hours
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 15:53   #3
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude

Possibly on Ebay, but of course it's gonna be priced outta the door
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 15:58   #4
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

Amazon market place has some, I don't know what the price of them should be but they are £379.98 on there which sounds a lot to me
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 16:02   #5
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Keep checking places like Woolworths, HMV, Game etc.

They'll be getting supplies every so often up till Xmas and in the week in between. It was the same with the 360 last year, after Xmas Day a bunch appeared in shops.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 16:24   #6
dtweek
Inactive

dtweek is an unknown quantity at this point

I've tried my luck with Studio One, they claim delivery within 14 working days which will take me to a couple of days after my birrthday, but at least I'll be paying the retail price rather than some over inflated price.

Fingerrs crossed cos I need a wii
dtweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 16:25   #7
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Supermarkets are your best bet.... My local Tesco has had a small but steady supply recently, and there's supposed to be 2 further deliveries this week (one on Wednesday and a final one on Friday, from what I've heard).

There was a large delivery on Friday night for lots of shops, so you could try hitting any of the gaming or electrical stores in your local town... just give them all a call and see if they've got any left.

As a last resort, prices on ebay have been falling steadily, so they're not fetching the completely ridiculous prices they were on launch day.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 20:28   #8
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Update:

Many Games should be getting more shipments this week. Phone you local game store and ask, then phone each morning and get down there if they have one
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 23:45   #9
Gareth
cf.mega poster

ebuyer.com are putting more Wiis on their site tomorrow afternoon. Bundles only (unsurprisingly). They'll be posting in their forum one hour before they go live on the site, for anyone that uses their forums.
Old 18-12-2006, 23:48   #10
kronas
Inactive

kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze

toys r us are scheduled shipments this week, thats unconfirmed though.

in stock online on this site.... supposedly...

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/NintendoWii8hcn5f49y/
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 23:53   #11
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Showing as out of stock now, Kronas.

ps - that black version in their photos looks very nice
Old 19-12-2006, 00:07   #12
kronas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
Showing as out of stock now, Kronas.

ps - that black version in their photos looks very nice
well they say you have to be quick

---------- Post added at 00:07 ---------- Previous post was at 00:00 ----------

http://www.game.co.uk/help/nextgener...rest-_-wideboy
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 15:35   #13
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

ebuyer will have some on their website at 3:55pm today.

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/123266

Good luck!
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 03:25   #14
Strzelecki
Inactive

Services: 80/20Mbps FTTC on Freeola
Strzelecki has reached the bronze age
Strzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze ageStrzelecki has reached the bronze age

www.wiipreorder.co.uk and www.wiistock.co.uk are good sites to keep your eye on. I just got my Wii today after ordering from Woolworths on Thursday! Cancelled my preorder from Play as they have been so useless.
Strzelecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 16:28   #15
welwynrose
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Package
welwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about themwelwynrose has a spectacular aura about them

if you don't want to buy off ebay www.uksoftwaretech.co.uk have some in stock by £329.99
welwynrose is offline   Reply With Quote